Bangkok world’s seventh worst city for air quality

webfact

Bangkok world’s seventh worst city for air quality

By THE NATION

800_417de0819111816.png?v=1580710350

The application ‘Air Visual’ informed at 8.38am on Monday (February 3) that with an average pollution level of 177, Bangkok ranked as the seventh worst city in the world for air quality.

Also, the amount of particulate matter less than 2.5 microns in diameter (PM2.5) was 57.8 micrograms per cubic metre.

According to the Air Quality Index (AQI), air quality between 0 to 50 is healthy, 51 to 100 is moderate, 101 to 150 is unhealthy for sensitive groups, 151 to 200 is unhealthy, 201 to 300 is very unhealthy, and 301 to 500 is dangerous.

Meanwhile, the Pollution Control Department informed that at 8am on Monday the air quality in Bangkok and nearby provinces was at moderate to unhealthy levels.

PM2.5 dust particle was found at between 42 to 77 micrograms per cubic metre. The areas with high pollution level were:

Hiranruchi sub-district in Thon Buri district; Kanchanaphisek Road, Bang Khun Thian; Bang Na subdistrict in Bang Na; Khlong Chan Bang subdistrict in Kapi; Din Daeng subdistrict in Din Daeng; Chong Nonsi subdistrict in Yan Nawa; Rama IV Road in Khlong Toei; Inthara Phithak Road in Thon Buri; Lat Phrao Road in Wang Thonglan; Din Daeng Road in Din Daeng; Phya Thai subdistrict in Phaya Thai; Phlabphla subdistrict in Wang Thonglang (all in Bangkok province); Song Khanong subdistrict in Phra Pradaeng district; Bang Prong subdistrict in Talat; Pak Nam subdistrict in Muang Samut Prakan (all in Samut Prakan province).

In addition, PM10 dust particles were found at between 67 to 123 micrograms per cubic metre. The area with high pollution was Hiranruchi subdistrict in Bangkok.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381486

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-03
  • Sad 2

Some lists are not good to be on.  My first year in college I made the Dean's list with my As and Bs.  The second year I made the other Dean's list, with my A, B, C, D, F, and an I record.  yeah, I made a straight in poker terms, not so good for my grade point average though.  but that co-ed dorm with the girls on the same floor as us was fun. 

Pasak dam was over 200 AQI yesterday.  Thanks to the sugar cane burning, you do not have to be in Bangkok to get your dose of pollution.  The government has OK'd for 50% of sugar cane to be burnt and processed

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, the Pollution Control Department informed that at 8am on Monday the air quality in Bangkok and nearby provinces was at moderate to unhealthy levels.

Pollution control department ????

• Haha 1

WOW can't believe they only made it to number 7 flew in from Buriram to Bkk yesterday Buriram was really bad but nothing compared to Bkk could hardly even see it coming in to land, it's not only the virus killing Thailand, maybe the Government and Police could actually inforce a law or policy for once and care for there country and it's people and stop lining there own pockets, oops sorry what am l saying all good hear, welcome to Thailand 

39 minutes ago, Toany said:

Pasak dam was over 200 AQI yesterday.  Thanks to the sugar cane burning, you do not have to be in Bangkok to get your dose of pollution.  The government has OK'd for 50% of sugar cane to be burnt and processed

True, there are many cities in Thailand that are far worse or equal to BKK. The burning will continue because it's more profitable to the multinational corporate interests and the politicians they control. Thailand is the second biggest producer and the burning keeps them very competitive. The mostly uneducated and uninformed locals are absolutely powerless to stop it. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, jessicar said:

Nothing can top my hometown of kamphaeng phet.

Its far over 200. Sometimes 300 and the stupid farmers keep burning

Have they closed the local schools?

Edited by Toany