Democrats condemn Trump at trial as threat to American democracy

webfact

3 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

To start with I really detest name calling.. it really is an unproductive and condescending contribution to intelligent discourse.  My own position is that I support rule of law.

Well I am glad you support the rule of law and that would mean the fact trump is the president. as for name calling then that's your prerogative. As for intelligent  discourse the very nature of the conversation in the thread is anything but intelligent, as it wouldn't be happening.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I care not for Trump or the democrats. I do care about adults stamping their feet like little children when things don't go their way and try and do anything to prevent a democratic decision (Election) from happening. Just the same from my native UK with a democratic referendum on leaving the EU.

Sadly the world is full of cry babies who need to behave like adults and take responsibility and accept decisions they don't like with some dignity.

Which one are you.

The EU referendum was grossly flawed and there is abundant and clear evidence to prove it. Clinton won the US election by over 2 million votes but the democratic choice of the people was overturned by the electoral colleges.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Trouble is "the voters" only have 2 choices and both are corrupt in their own way. 

Checks and balances hasn't gotten anyone in the USA free health care or higher education as most every other first world nation provides.  Military and armaments come first, and the 535 members of congress take care of themselves second.  Got to have a congress even if they are not serving the people.

Their only concern is having enough corporate backers to get them re-elected every 4-6 years

Where do they have “free” higher education and healthcare for everyone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, George Aylesham said:

The EU referendum was grossly flawed and there is abundant and clear evidence to prove it. Clinton won the US election by over 2 million votes but the democratic choice of the people was overturned by the electoral colleges.

It has been done to death but yes the 9 million pound spent on leaflets to each UK household for the remain campaign. Not to mention project fear.

Plus the UK were cajoled into the EU on a pack of lies.

As for the USA democratic process accept it, change it or do what seems that you are doing now, complaining until you get the result you want.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

What they did was worst. The Russian dossier paid for by the DNC and the Clinton campaign which was used to open investigations into trump even after it was proved to be bogus.

To rub salt to injury, the House then with Reps majority did nothing. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why is Trump blamed for social polarization? Is this something new? 

Does the rhetoric from the left and the media not play any part?

While Trump has not put any brake to it, in my opinion, Obama and the left shifted social polarization into hyper-drive. 

Is there increasing social polarization? Is Trump the President? 

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

Mr Bumble once said that the "law is a ass".

Now it appears that nearly half of the American voting public is just that after electing one.

Worse still, they still can't accept the error of their ways despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

American democracy will survive this hit but will they learn the lessons?

Rooster

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No. Nor would I be happy with a President that used his office and power to coerce a young impressionable intern into sexual activities; and then lied about them to the government and on TV when addressing the American people - watch his lips!

But the Democrats apparently have no problem with that. Or with voting not to impeach him on partisan party line.

As with most liberal left political parties, the Democrats are full of hypocrisy and do as we say not as we do mentality. What's worse, they seem to believe this is their right. Which is why they're the real threat to democracy.

The activities of Pelosi, Schiff, Schummer and Biden should all be closely looked at. Wonder what was going on during the Obama years.

A bj don’t affect national foreign policy nor election. Give me a better serious comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1