Ticket sales at Angkor complex are down as Coronavirus frightens off large numbers of overseas tourists

geovalin

Angkor Archaeological Park earned almost $10.5 million in revenue from ticket sales in January this year, nearly a 15 percent decrease compared with the same time last year, figures from Angkor Enterprise report.

In its latest report, the state-run Angkor Enterprises, the company that manages ticket sales at the temple complex, said the number of tickets sold at the park saw nearly an 18 percent decrease from January 2019. A total of 222,560 foreign tourists bought passes to the country’s most famous tourist attraction in Siem Reap province.

Although it did not disclose the reason behind the decline of tourist arrivals, it is believed to have been affected by fear of the Coronavirus, which has now killed 362 people and infected more than 17,300 globally as of Monday.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50686837/ticket-sales-at-angkor-complex-are-down-as-coronavirus-frightens-off-large-numbers-of-overseas-tourists

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Stop charging farang tourist more than others, maybe I'll come look at the old stones.  Som Nom Na 

12 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

What do they charge the local Cambodians compared to other tourists? I have no knowledge of this.

Do non-farang tourists pay less than farang tourists? I have no knowledge of this either.