South Korean woman tests positive for coronavirus after Thailand visit

webfact

So Dr. Tanarak of the MOPH says in the BP that the Korean woman positive for the virus has not been to China even though the Korean department has said that they did not explicitly rule out a visit to China by the patient, and KCDC Director Jeong Eun-kyeong declined to comment further.

The folks on here like that one from the good Dr. Tanarak.

But when Dr. Tanarak further states in the BP that the risk of contraction in Thailand is low and that the current confirmed case count as of TUES AM is 19, that brings out the boo-birds. 

• Like 1

Off topic and troll videos have been removed.

Please stop posting this youtube song and film rubbish it is off topic and it is trolling, next time I see this garbage in a serious topic I will suspend that person.

• Thanks 1

By AFPTuesday 4 February 2020, 02:21PM

Traveller from Thailand confirmed as South Korea’s new virus case

The latest confirmed case brought South Korea’s total number of patients to 16.

She is a 42-year-old Korean woman who returned to the country from Thailand on January 19, according to Seoul’s health authorities.

She started showing symptoms six days later, and was diagnosed with the virus today, they added.

But the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it was too early to conclude whether the patient contracted the virus while in Thailand, where 19 cases have been confirmed so far.

“We need detailed research through an epidemiological survey,” Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of KCDC, told reporters.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/traveller-from-thailand-confirmed-as-south-korea-new-virus-case-74674.php

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

There are now over 20,000 cases in China - Thailand still 19

That doesn't sit right with me

Me too. Maybe more in the 492 Persons Under Investigation category.  

If the Coronavirus infection does incur high transmission rates (human to human) and high mortality rates - a mortality stat that is not an actuality, currently - then there is something not adding up.

China has reported 20, 000 people have tested positive, which indicates the transmission rates between humans is high. Yet only 19 such reported cases in Thailand and less elsewhere. The stats just don't make sense - by my reckoning, Thailand, for one, being a country with a lax attitude to prevention of Chinese visitors, should have had at least 1-2 thousand infected by now.

While I don't support a cover-up or conspiracy theory, it is as statistically unlikely that a mouse would fall in love with a cat.

It begs the question. What is the reality?  What is the government suppressing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DLock said:

It just needs a few more like this, and a few Chinese going home in body bags to really put the exclamation mark on "Tourism is Dead"

Thailand, you have a window to do something meaningful and be a leader...because right now, you aren't even a follower.

Weak.

When I fear what is coming comes 'leaders' who prove to be no such thing will face an unparalleled wrath.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is a cover up the transmission from WHO indicates 4.1 to 2.5 and fatalities @2%

I pity all the low paid workers returning home because the zero tours have been stopped by the chinese authorities.

There where 25k from that city wuhan in thailand in janurary

Edited by sameasb4

This adds a whole new dimension to the Virus outbreak in Thailand.

With poor Hygiene standards in the Wet Markets around the Country, and Sanitation at best described as basic in many areas, this Virus has a natural home to live and evolve.

My Daughter is going on some trip with her School on Saturday, and for fear of being called the worst Dad in the World, I am seriously thinking that she wont be going.( for her Safety )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

EDIT: A-ha, in the latest report they have deleted the part with the number of pending diagnoses completely. In the previous it was 405. Just how blatant can you get?

Before seeing your comment above, I just did a separate thread on that exact same subject -- the removal from the latest government daily update report of all mention of what had been 405 potential cases awaiting lab results:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I think people should be made aware of her movements 

authorities in Thailand should be retracing exactly what she did when and where

contact tracing is very crucial. unfortunately it will not be easy as the tourist would have visited many places in thailand.

13 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

This adds a whole new dimension to the Virus outbreak in Thailand.

With poor Hygiene standards in the Wet Markets around the Country, and Sanitation at best described as basic in many areas, this Virus has a natural home to live and evolve.

My Daughter is going on some trip with her School on Saturday, and for fear of being called the worst Dad in the World, I am seriously thinking that she wont be going.( for her Safety )

should consider not going.

37 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

They just took out the pending number completely in the last report. It's a total cover-up.

Just saw that! They also removed the entire "Lab results" section criticized yesterday in TV for being suspiciously obtuse about testing. This is the last Lab report from Feb 2. So no way to know anything.

Laboratory results identified the novel coronavirus 2019 in 19 cases. Eight of them were discharged from hospitals (Table 2 ) The etiologic agents for the other cases (61) were identified in the final diagnoses as Influenza A virus (11 cases), Influenza B virus (13 cases), Influenza C virus (1 case), Adenovirus (1 case), Streptococcus pneumoniae (1 case), Bronchitis (4 cases), Nasopharyngitis (2 cases), Pharyngitis (8 cases), Common cold (9 cases), RSV infection (3 cases), Tonsillitis (3 cases), Rhinovirus (1 case), Hyperthyroid Fever (1 case), Pneumonia (2 cases) and Acute febrile illness (1 case). There are 405 cases in which laboratory results are pending.