Buddha Day 8th or 10th Feb ??

gerrygoat

Makha Bucha Day

Makha Bucha Day: 8th February 2020. Makha Bucha Day is an important Buddhist festival celebrated on the full moon day of Makha. The day marks the four auspicious occasions that took place in northern India ten months after the enlightenment of the Lord Buddha.

I always find my local being open and serving as usual ????

• Like 1

Thanks to OP for asking. These bleddy days always take by surprise. I pity the farang pubs - as mentioned, there is a lot of sport on Saturday and nowadays it's usually their only profitable day.

Does anywhere still do the teapot-and-cup routine (filled with beer) we used to enjoy on those dry days long ago? Used to fool the BiB............

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

great i have to report on the 10th???? i will go on the7th

You have time until the 14th (7 days incl. due date. Weekends don't extend).

Mon -> Fri

Tue -> Mon

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, spinner2020 said:

Thanks to OP for asking. These bleddy days always take by surprise. I pity the farang pubs - as mentioned, there is a lot of sport on Saturday and nowadays it's usually their only profitable day.

Does anywhere still do the teapot-and-cup routine (filled with beer) we used to enjoy on those dry days long ago? Used to fool the BiB............

Good idea but i take milk and 2 sugars

On 2/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, spinner2020 said:

"These bleddy days always take by surprise."

Have you heard about thai calendars? There are like ~5 buddha days a year when alcohol is banned. They hardly comes as a surprise to people living here long term. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"These bleddy days always take by surprise."

Have you heard about thai calendars? There are like ~5 buddha days a year when alcohol is banned. They hardly comes as a surprise to people living here long term. 

Yes I did look at a Thai calendar, the 10th is marked as a Buddha day yet the 8th is a dry day 

30 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

can go sign in one week before signing date OK, so you have no problem !!

That depends on why you're going to immigration. My next time is to prove I still have ฿800,000 in the bank (retirement extension) and I can be a week LATE, but not early at all.

53 minutes ago, gerrygoat said:

Yes I did look at a Thai calendar, the 10th is marked as a Buddha day yet the 8th is a dry day 

If you look at a proper thai calendar, like the ones you get for free at thai banks, every Buddha day,in this case the 8th, is marked with a small red symbol in the upper right corner. There's no symbol on the 10th, hence no Buddha day. It's a national holiday, though.

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If you look at a proper thai calendar, like the ones you get for free at thai banks, every Buddha day,in this case the 8th, is marked with a small red symbol in the upper right corner. There's no symbol on the 10th, hence no Buddha day. It's a national holiday, though.

Seems hopeless to repeat the facts.

Some will never get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

That depends on why you're going to immigration. My next time is to prove I still have ฿800,000 in the bank (retirement extension) and I can be a week LATE, but not early at all.

Then use correct terminology when talking about signing in at immigration. If you're doing it at Jomtien Immigration, it's called "90 days check", nothing else. And your supposed to it that day,unless you're out of town or abroad.

2 hours ago, bahtboy said:

Was in Udon a couple of months ago. The bar I was in served Heineken 00, non alcoholic beer. The waitress told me they served it on Buddha days and the police were ok with them opening the bar and serving it. Tastes good too.

It must be a bestseller,NOT.