Do Thai women prefer ‘farang’ or Thai men? And why?

webfact

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

A rather general question. I think the vast majority prefer Thai, as it is familiar, they share a common language and culture, and it is more comfortable for them. Having said that, there is a small percentage that are open minded, have heard good things about foreign men from their girlfriends, and are open to the possibilities. I have been told by many that foreign men are more affectionate, more communicative (a rather mixed bag on that one), and more willing to provide them with support. Also, I often hear from them, that some foreign men are not as possessive and as jealous, and allow their women more independence. My wife has alot of independence. She tells me her girlfriends cannot believe it. Often when they go out, their boyfriends or husbands have to join. Not an option for them to go solo. For me, sitting around and listening to them jabbering for hours (in Thai) is the epitome of boring. 

Whe the wife goes away for a day, or preferably a week....Image result for yess meme"

• Like 1

So no monthly income or buying house or car in her name. No supporting her parents or her kids from previous relationships. No clearing her debts or .....

In summary you have relationship like is typical in the West. You don't pay her for anything or buy her anything for her use or sole  ownership at all that would be over and above that normally practised in relationships and neither do you give her an allowance if she works . I don't believe you. My point is even if you don't that is very unusual. 

It started with a dowry and went on from there to pay for items for her family etc

Edited by twix38
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Really don't care if you believe me or not ... but I pay her nothing and we have always split everything. I think the trouble is most westerners tend to think all thai women are like bar girls and that just simply isn't the case.

I don't pay my wife anything either, except on her birthday. In return I get free accommodation and as much Isaan food as I can eat (not much). Western guys living in Thailand paying a regular stipend to their "partner" are mugs, it's basically a long-term prostitute.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 2

Western bloaters don't expect the sort of family gestures Thais do. 

I must let my married mates know that their foreign wives would appreciate them sending gestures to their (spouses) parents. There's always terms and always different, but if you don't pay the relationship will end within a couple of years as a general rule.

Sounds like you have a keeper in large part due to previous Thai husband. Let's face it most Thai ladies are in business for foreign mans income and imv they generally otherwise would prefer Thai men. Accept that does not apply to you in the circumstances. 

Edited by twix38
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Easy. In general they prefer Thai men. It's why many often have a Thai man, brother, uncle in the background. However they also like money which provides a better lifestyle so we get a look in. Try dating a Thai lady and not supporting her and her family and see how long it lasts. Often the Thai lady will work and the ferang will have a pension. Normally youd think the lady wouldn't require so much support when she works but how many foreign husbands don't pay an allowance to supplement their salary. The only rationale is paying for youth as financially the set up in Thailand would otherwise be seen as taking the pi55!

What often amazes me though is after a while the Thai ladies attitude is she wants more and is ungrateful. I often see behaviour that is disrespectful when they are milking a foreigner. A sort of quiet loathing and contempt.

You've been listening to bar stool stuff for too long or been taken... :whistling:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Western bloaters don't expect the sort of family gestures Thais do. 

I must let my married mates know that their foreign wives would appreciate them sending gestures to their spouses parents. There's always terms and always different. 

Sounds like you have a keeper in large part due to previous Thai husband. Let's face it most Thai ladies are in business for foreign mans income and imv they generally otherwise would prefer Thai men. Accept that does not apply to you in the circumstances. 

Or me............:stoner:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have been told by many that foreign men are more

What I mostly heard is that we don't beat them;
if in addition we do not drink alcohol and do not smoke (which is my case), Thai men can go get dressed and see elsewhere if I am there.
The size of the "thing" can sometimes be taken into consideration but I do not think it is decisive since it is with a "thing" of small size that the guys here make gorgeous chicks ...:giggle:

Transam, or pethaps you haven't woken up yet.

My views are from observation, experience and some horror stories I have personally known where the foreign guy praised Thai wife and found out different later. I see many happy relationships where my own observation and knowledge is the Thai lady has little respect for her husband and even less appreciation.

Sure there are exceptions but I am often amazes for instance when a Thai lady is getting $$$ and asks for more or is given more and they often hardly seem to appreciate the extra and the foreigner ends up regretting the gesture because he feels it (he) isn't appreciated. The more you give the more is expected and the less is appreciated.

Edited by twix38
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

The size of the "thing" can sometimes be taken into consideration but I do not think it is decisive since it is with a "thing" of small size that the guys here make gorgeous chicks ...:giggle:

Any talk of "size" issues should be disregarded - Japanese men are supposedly some of the smallest but some of the most voracious and perverted sex pests going, and seem to have no problems in producing offspring.

Would you rather have a girl with huge jumbo breasts who was a complete a-hole and couldn't give a rat's ass about you, or one with very small boobs who was loving and caring? I think women think the same about banana size. I would always go for the nice girl (unless of course I was paying).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Transam, or pethaps you haven't woken up yet.

My views are from observation, experience and some horror stories I have personally known where the foreign guy praised Thai wife and found out different later. I see many happy relationships where my own observation and knowledge is the Thai lady has little respect for her husband and even less appreciation.

Sure there are exceptions but I am often amazes for instance when a Thai lady is getting $$$ and asks for more or is given more and they often hardly seem to appreciate the extra and the foreigner ends up regretting the gesture because he feels it (he) isn't appreciated. The more you give the more is expected and the less is appreciated.

What do you mean "perhaps you haven't woken up yet".....? ????

3 minutes ago, twix38 said:

I have heard horror stories but what really amazes me is the guys don't see them coming. Again if you are paying monthly what do you expect?