Do Thai women prefer ‘farang’ or Thai men? And why?

webfact

1 hour ago, CraigInBangkok said:

17 years so far!

Yep unlucky 13years for me ! Not given her family a penny and they have never asked . When a relationship starts unequal there has to be a leveller (tends to be money).

Edited by chrisandsu
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Really don't care if you believe me or not ... but I pay her nothing and we have always split everything. I think the trouble is most westerners tend to think all thai women are like bar girls and that just simply isn't the case.

Absolutely true. Very few foreigners has the chance to meet and experience the friendship of the normal Thai ladies, as the usual meeting place is on a bar stool.

Thai people are also very normal people, as are others from any country.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SteveK said:

I have met dozens of Thai women who say that they don't want a Thai man again because of beatings, yaba abuse, cheating etc. - how much of that I believe I don't know, but it does seem that Thai men in general treat women as inferior.

Yeah but then they go out and get another Thai man... rinse and repeat. Why do they never learn?

As for us Farang, it is hard to find a Thai girl who does not see us as a walking ATM. (Hasta la vista babe).

Some bar girls like Japanese men, smaller dick, bigger wallet, easy money.

And if I had one Baht for every Thai girl that had been left a single parent I would be rich. Standard Thai male procedure, they are like a Panda... eats shoots and leaves.

• Like 1

I would think one of the biggest things is Thai men get Thai women pregnant then dump them young with no means of support. No welfare in Thailand. Girls end up in sex industry to often. Am I wrong? Ask girls working Nana, or soi cowboy if they have Thai babies back home to support 

• Like 1

Well I am in isaan, and certainly SUPPORT is the main issue due to a lack of well paid work. But money isn't all of it. My Thai Sister-in-law married a farang 15 years ago, since then 4 of her friends and her sister (my wife) have followed suit. None has ever divorced or left their foreign husbands, and all seem reasonably happy. Two of them had the bad Thai husband experience being left with the kids, but the others didn't. My wife never even had a boyfriend before (yes, she was completely naive about sex). None of them were bargirls, all basically middle class but somewhat poor.

Most certainly had a not to good opinion of the typical Thai man. Other girls here i know (not necessarily in the carnal sense!) Have persisted in trying to get a foreign husband even after a number of disappointments.

Yes there are also the bad ones - one girl was screwing her thai boyfriend 24 hours after marrying a frenchman!

But the persistence of these relationships suggests that although money may have been the start of it, they found something else too ....

• Like 1

I am not sure you can make any generalization.  I am sure some prefer Thai.  However, it does seem that a higher percentage of Thai women do seem to prefer a Farang. Not much different for Blacks in the USA.  Many black men prefer a Caucasian woman.  Some of it for their looks, others for the status For some Thai woman liking a Farang, for some it is the looks for other it is the money and or chance to live in a Western Country.  

15 hours ago, SteveK said:

I don't pay my wife anything either, except on her birthday. In return I get free accommodation and as much Isaan food as I can eat (not much). Western guys living in Thailand paying a regular stipend to their "partner" are mugs, it's basically a long-term prostitute.

In your rather narrow construct, is having a joint bank account with your Thai wife considered long-term prostitution? Or is it only cash handouts or international wire-in transfers that determine if it's just a punter and his hooker versus the more socially acceptable relationship?

17 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Again, this is my view coming from my experiences of being here in my mid 20s - early 30s and will vastly differ from other people's. 

I hadn't a clue what was happening around me until I was over 50.

Men in their 20s-30s know nothing, but believe they know everything.

Edited by BritManToo
typo

Just now, BritManToo said:

I hadn't a clue what was happening around my until I was over 50.

Men in their 20s-30s know nothing, but believe they know everything.

Great.

Again, you missed the point in the post. I wasn't saying I know everything.

I was mentioning from my experience of being here at those ages with normal Thai women of a similar age. I am not referring to the P4P scene like some other posters in here are. 

I like a lot of your posts, but you sometimes struggle to comprehend the points some posters make at times. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

I was mentioning from my experience of being here at those ages with normal Thai women of a similar age. I am not referring to the P4P scene like some other posters in here are. 

I like a lot of your posts, but you sometimes struggle to comprehend the points some posters make at times. 

I was suggesting you are too young to tell a 'normal woman' from a prostitute.

After the divorce, you'll have more knowledge, and you'll realise they are sometimes indistinguishable.

The main difference only being the payment plan.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

I surveyed 3000 motor scooters with a little hottie on the back. 

2,998 had a Thai guy  on the front.

I estimate 100 plus of the hotties had a Farang husband.

I think most prefer Thai guy.

????????❤❤????????

Since employment as a motorcycle taxi guy is strictly for Thai people, your figures sound about right. However, in any survey, there will always be outliers. For example, below is a snapshot of 2561 lottery winner Boonlert Phuenpathom taking his hottie Thai trophy wife Wattanalai 'Pancake' Angsanakul to work in the Bangkok CBD (not NEP).

1626131180_nonolikethis.thumb.jpg.9f143ec9503e569466d6ecda7372c730.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Interesting topic, I suppose it depends on the woman and her situation. Although I can say this from my person experience with women, i.e. any woman who says if it was between money and love and they said love, then you know you she wants the money, love comes after, either with her farang or someone on the sideline, this is a species that plans, while our species is mostly blinded by their beauty, I call them (black widows) and they have to be handled on an equal level, after all the black widow does kill her male partner after he impregnates her.

When I first met my wife, she wasn't sure if she wanted a farang, although she knew that she didn't want a Thai, her reasons for not wanting a Thai are as follows:

1) Lazy

2) Physically abusive

3) Alcoholics

4) Not interested in helping out with the kids

The above I could say is a generalisation, although I have seen enough of most Thai men myself to draw a conclusion from the north-east only.

As for my wife being married to me for 13 years now, she more or less thanks me every single day for coming into her life, she says she's velly happy, I don't know if its because I still give her a good serve, or it's the $'s, but as long as she velly happy, it's all good ????

Spot on - it all depends on the woman's situation. 

And absolutely correct:  Happy Wife = Happy Life.

My only advice to others thinking of getting serious with a Thai woman is to figure out what will make her happy in the future, and once you have figured that out (take your time), then decide if you are prepared to do that.  Make her happy and she will make you happy - that is the way it is - period - all over the world - same same.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

You can find so many kids "parked in villages, at grandma's house", while mom's together with the second/third/fourth Thai guy, or foreigner.

They have little choice because Thai men wouldn't want to raise kids that were created by another man. 

An understandable decision, it will never be your real son, or daughter. 

Is this a true statement that no Thai man would marry a woman who has a kid as they don't want to raise or have anything to do with another man's kid?

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Is this a true statement that no Thai man would marry a woman who has a kid as they don't want to raise or have anything to do with another man's kid?

No it’s not true my BIL has bought up his step daughter like she is his own . My MIL was not happy about this to begin with but now she’s fine . Been 15 years so far . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Some will, some won't.

It's not a problem, there's always grandma in the village.

Edited by BritManToo