Thai taxi driver who had coronavirus tells Wuhan to keep fighting

snoop1130

This reminds me of all the happy stories involving "honest" taxi drivers returning 100k to a random tourist. 
Good job Thailand, another happy story, I wonder who's really behind that mask? 
Prayuth must be happy , just a confirmation we have this under control.....100% under control. 

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

"weight", "speculation", "many", "medical authorities", "many" etc. /sigh

Cool.

But the "taxi driver" did receive treatment - other news articles mention...

The man tested positive for the virus at Taksin Hospital in Bangkok, and was transferred to the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute on Jan 28.

and he was discharged on Feb. 5.

Amazing Thailand.

All part of the smoke and mirrors. 

Must be a hub in the making.... 

53 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

I think Thailand should let the rest of the medical world know how they can have a patient in and out of hospital in 4-5 days when the rest of the world have a 14 day quarantine period.

Shhhhh! Don't spoil the BS. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Err...perhaps posting a photo of him - assume anyone who knows him, knows who he is - with his age, gender, hospitals, and occupation is a bit of a giveaway?

So why not reveal the details of his care? I would think that would go a long way towards mollifying the Thai public?

I mean his "recovery" seems "miraculous". That should be shared? Or if it indicates this is just a simple flu, and everyone can recover similarly with a bit rest and paracetamol, then that's news too?

Why do I think there will be zero deaths due to the coronavirus here? (not a bad thing to hope for, obviously.)

They don't look like they're going to anyway so it's academic.

His book will be out soon to mollify your curiosity.

6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I think Thailand should let the rest of the medical world know how they can have a patient in and out of hospital in 4-5 days when the rest of the world have a 14 day quarantine period.

That was 4 - 5 days after he was confirmed with the corona virus.  His recovery is far from unique.

The 'rest of the world' are quarantining people who arrive from, or have visited, China.  These 14 day quarantines are for people who have not been confirmed with the virus.  It takes into consideration the incubation period of up to 14 days.  If after 14 days quarantine, the individual is tested negative for the virus, then his/her quarantine is over.

Understand now?

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It would be awesome if the Thai medical "authorities" could share his case details (progression of the infection, treatment, body temp etc.). 

Without a few more details the skepticism meter is pegging on this one.

First Ebola, now "Wu flu."

How many cases in Thailand? So public that the govt saw the lowly taxi driver given the absolute best attention.

If the flu was rife and cases in the 1000s how many taxi drivers gonna be first in line?

Five days! Nothing to see here folks, move along now..!

Charade

Edited by Number 6

On 2/6/2020 at 11:59 AM, micmichd said:

At least China is doing something against further spreading instead of looking for a scapegoat (like German Nazis did)

Nah they are desperately looking for one and some have been pointing the finger saying America was responsible.