PM Prayut urges public to use water sparingly during current drought

webfact

16 minutes ago, digger70 said:

that they can make huge dams than when it rains they can store the water . that's what other countries are doing .

Really, there is a huge dam close to me, been dry for two years now, what are other countries doing to prevent this?

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

They suppose to make the dams at the right place where there is a sufficient runoff .  

Ah - ok, but there is no "runoff" there's been no rain! Sure dams should be built in areas where rains fall, but the climate is changing, the rains are not falling at this time! - as they used too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

How about just having people urinate in the sea, that would make about the same difference in the overall scheme of things! 

I'm sorry but your post makes absolutely no sense, are you saying 2 days wasting water is no difference than 10 days of wasting water? where is your logic?

26 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

I'm sorry but your post makes absolutely no sense, are you saying 2 days wasting water is no difference than 10 days of wasting water? where is your logic?

I think the post was meant as a joke, you know, tongue in cheek, <deleted> in the ocean.

Oops sorry, should have said PEE!

Edited by stouricks

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

I think the post was meant as a joke, you know, tongue in cheek, <deleted> in the ocean.

Glad someone else has a warped and demented sense of humour! :wink:

Yes, may as well try and fill the sea as believe that banning the annual & ancient Buddhist water festival that celebrates the "passing" & welcomes the "new" would make the slightest difference to saving water! A mere drop in the ocean, a good time for people to relieve their stress!

If a Thai suggested we in the west stopped using Christmas paper to save trees, would the suggestion would be welcomed!

Mind - I don't live in Pattaya anymore - thankfully.

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Ah - ok, but there is no "runoff" there's been no rain! Sure dams should be built in areas where rains fall, but the climate is changing, the rains are not falling at this time! - as they used too!

Yea right ,That's why they are wrong they should've started this 100 years ago then there would be plenty of water being saved . they also could have pipelines to the dams and pump the water from the rivers during the raining season when they can pump the flooded river water into the dams . There's  No excuse for Not having enough water . It's managing nature and take advantage what nature provides .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It's managing nature and take advantage what nature provides

Which all costs money! money, historically the country has never had.

100 years ago (actually 30) there were very few roads in Thailand, water preservation wouldn't have been a priority, pipelines are hugely expensive, who would pay for them? have you ever looked at the logistics of putting pipelines in? yout talking trillions, not billions!

If you think the present government is inapt you should have seen some of the previous ones, the least of their worries was water for the peasants! It wasn't until Thaksin came along that the North/NE was even acknowledged, never mind spending money in the areas.

Truth be told people should not be farming in a lot of the drought stricken areas, but the need for food forced them into growing rice to eat.

20 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

Shower with a friend!

Thats ok if you have friends.:cheesy:

What about people like me who have no friends.????

Saying that, yet i have not been under a shower in over 6 years.

Edited by colinneil
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, CGW said:

Which all costs money! money, historically the country has never had.

100 years ago (actually 30) there were very few roads in Thailand, water preservation wouldn't have been a priority, pipelines are hugely expensive, who would pay for them? have you ever looked at the logistics of putting pipelines in? yout talking trillions, not billions!

If you think the present government is inapt you should have seen some of the previous ones, the least of their worries was water for the peasants! It wasn't until Thaksin came along that the North/NE was even acknowledged, never mind spending money in the areas.

Truth be told people should not be farming in a lot of the drought stricken areas, but the need for food forced them into growing rice to eat.

Stop finding excuses, there are other crops they can grow .The government wastes enough money so they could've started a program to manage the water /building dams/ laying pipelines . End off subject.

• Sad 1

On 2/7/2020 at 5:25 AM, bluesofa said:

I'm guessing Songkran isn't considered as a waste of water and won't be banned.

I put a "sad" smiley on you hoping that Songkhran is not canceled but returns to what it was a long time ago.
This means pouring a little water on the shoulder of the ancients (of whom I am);
it would allow me to continue going out on my MTBike because generally I stay confined to the house for 7 days, the jets of ice water with sometimes ice cubes and the drivers drunk, I leave it all to stupid people..

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Stop finding excuses, there are other crops they can grow .

I can try to explain, but I can't understand for you, excuses, or facts - see them as you wish! 

If you want to share your wisdom tell the farmers what other crops they can grow during a drought and is tolerant to flooding ????

There is none, or is that just an excuse? ???? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2020 at 9:48 AM, Sydebolle said:

Get the rain drums out now.

I also assume that all the golf courses will have a dry time to make sure, that the small farm of the small man will survive. 

Perhaps Prayuth and the government should teach the people how to rain dance. Now that would be a sight to see.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:52 AM, DLock said:

Deleted post

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thats ok if you have friends.:cheesy:

What about people like me who have no friends.????

Saying that, yet i have not been under a shower in over 6 years.

Perhaps you should read this book. How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNT7e6RgD62GYIndMT7CO6HLWqaTjA%3A1581139866983&source=hp&ei=mkc-XrW7OaeH4-EPgOGCIA&q=how+to+win+friends+and+influence+people&oq=how+to+win+friends&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0j0i203j0l2j0i203l3j0l3.3518.11387..14861...1.0..0.174.1759.14j4......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j35i39j0i67.Ecv975-45Rs

:sorry:

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Stop finding excuses, there are other crops they can grow .The government wastes enough money so they could've started a program to manage the water /building dams/ laying pipelines . End off subject.

It is not just a matter of growing a different crop. If you have spent 20 years of rice growing in your paddy fields, you may find that the land is not much use for growing other crops.

You need to find a market for your new product, throw out all the pesticides etc and start your new crop. Another side effect is what will you live on when the rice crop has finished and your new crop is not ready. Most small rice farmers are up to their necks in debt already.

• Like 1