Urgent Travel Advice Needed

I just bougth a flight ticket to thailand. i fully paid for it two weeks ago, just

days before the news about the virus broke out.

now i am not sure anymore if it is a good idea to fly to Thailand, nut if i cancell this ticket i lose 1000 USD. 

i hear on the news today that U.K. and other weswtern countries are asking travelers from

Thailand, japan, hong kong, ext. to watch themselves. maybe a travel ban will follow soon.

what do you think? should i cancell this ticket to thailand, lose 1000 USD and wait few months

until the virus will fade away?

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

I think you're safe to travel but depending what unfolds in the next few weeks, your return to home country may get a little complicated. Maybe you'll be given a second, but mandatory vacation, of two weeks known as "isolation".

Have a great worry free holiday. Maybe Thailand will roll out the red carpet for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed, an unfolding situation, diplomatically said. that's why i am worried.

some experts say the pandemic should peak within 2 months and some say

it is the feared X-VIRUS that might kill half humanity...i difinately do not want to be in

thailand when this hits the fan...or when the governemnt decide to build

concentration camps for those farang who don't wear masks...

Chill man. This is just another virus. It will be (hopefully) similar to MERS and SARS.

Will peak. The time frame is the question.

Reading situation about folk on the cruise ships (thinking currently 2) is very sad. Personally think that's being mismanaged. Easy to chuck criticism.

Personally I would continue with travel plans anyone has, obviously with exception of China and HK.

Thailand also comprising itself.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

some experts say the pandemic should peak within 2 months and some say

it is the feared X-VIRUS that might kill half humanity...

What sources do you study?

You need a change.

The conspiracy theories are uncountable.

• Like 1

I think it depends where you are going.  I would avoid major tourist areas and try to find an area not frequented by tourists and particularly chinese toruists.  I would travel parts of Isaan or southern Thailand but l would avoid phuket, bangkok, pattaya, krabi, chiang mai, koh chang, koh samui.  And I would definitely not fly with a Chinese carrier and a transfer through China.  The plane may be more worrisome than when you land.  Nothing against the Chinese just this could be a dangerous virus we will know more in a few weeks.

Edited by losworld
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

and just now i read about traveller who returned from thailand to a western country, and found carrying the corona virus. this is not fake news. i can provide a link.

Post the link please