Not much of an apology: Health minister Anutin unrepentant after face mask tirade against "farang"

rooster59

8 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

If he want to kick out all the farangs out then the uk can kick all the thai out of the u.k who the u.k letting them work plus all the  free NHS service plus Europe country also can them kick them out I think about time u.k and these europe start to get tough with this country the way they treat foriegnors they just stand there and let them do what they like the best is to ban all foriegners coming to this country and let see if they like at

You’re not a native English speaker so I guess not a British so why do you care about what UK should or shouldn’t do?

23 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

If he want to kick out all the farangs out then the uk can kick all the thai out of the u.k who the u.k letting them work plus all the  free NHS service plus Europe country also can them kick them out I think about time u.k and these europe start to get tough with this country the way they treat foriegnors they just stand there and let them do what they like the best is to ban all foriegners coming to this country and let see if they like at

I always chuckle when they have these big round ups on illegal foreign workers here when half of Thailand are in Korea or Japan working illegally lol 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

That would include the 5 massage shops in southport alone !

and there many in cardiff

51 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

You’re not a native English speaker so I guess not a British so why do you care about what UK should 

I was born there clown ok maybe your not a native english maybe your from god dam America 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, isanviking said:

<deleted> farang haha http://bit.ly/F-farang

Screenshot_1.png.11e961d9bfb280014b2d365bf036c3ec.png

Actually his first two sentences on this twitter video is (transliterated) "âi fà-ràng èek · âi pûak-fà-ràng nák tông tîeow" Which is bluntly, "Da*n farangs.  Da*n farang tourists." I think my life was better when I didn't understand spoken Thai.
The article goes on to state, "
But any racist foreigner is not his (Anutin Charnvirakul) friend, he intimated." 

But racist Thais are fine, right?  We already know the answer to that.
Not only does he make racist remarks but goes on to insinuate that the people he is referring to in racist terms are themselves racists if they are offended by his rude, childish, and racist behavior?  "You! Da*n white European tourist - get your mask on!" 
Hey Charnvirakul.  How about your own countrymen.  How about the 66 million Thais in this country.  Do you know where they all have been?  Shouldn't they all be wearing masks? 
Imagine a government official in the US or EU saying "Da*n <Western racial term for an Asian> tourists!" in public.  How long would they retain their job?

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Meanwhile the Wuhan mortality rate has risen from 11% to nearly 20%.

Just the nature of writing headlines. The subtitle is "But the true mortality rate could be as low as one per cent if all mild and asymptomatic cases are taken into account, researchers say".

• Thanks 1

After what he said I didn't want to be a farang buffalo so I took a 3m proper mask and alcohol hand cleaner up to do a border run at MaiSai on Sunday for multi no imm o. 

They still make you take off the mask for the photo going out and coming back in 

What good is that .

It was pretty quiet up there. Not many tourists at all mostly Burmese and some westerners wearing and not wearing masks.

I also asked imm to clean the hand scanner at going out and coming in to Thailand. 

If he is so concerned about farangs NOT wearing masks then he should make imm allow people to go through imm wearing a mask without having to take it off. 

On 2/10/2020 at 10:44 AM, Woolsgibb60 said:

and there many in cardiff

I was born there clown ok maybe your not a native english maybe your from god dam America 

Why is there so much hate when it comes to where somebody's from?

It's not about where somebody comes from, it's about how somebody is.

My point being is that a Thai minister was being racist regarding us and that includes Americans as well.

Why do you talk so bad about Americans? ( I'm not from there)

Isn't there a similarity what the Thai minister did and many foreigners got upset about, and what you're doing here? 

There are good and bad people from every country, methinks. Peace! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1