Not much of an apology: Health minister Anutin unrepentant after face mask tirade against "farang"

rooster59

My 2nd post but did he call EUROPEANS ... I quote 'ไอ้พวกฝรั่งนักท่องเที่ยว' - That bodes well for future EUROPEANS considering your tourism is being hammered, probably go elsewhere hearing racism like that - disgusting potty mouthed person... google translate it please the Thai I have posted.

Then apologized not in front of the camera - OH NO ... cant loose face, but by his social media account - what a coward! Well there you go from the very top, an opinion on EUROPEANS.

'Well lets hope European Governments impose a travel ban to Thailand and let him squirm'

Next stop Cambodia, Vietnam or Philippines it is..... much more welcoming .....

I think the only person who should be kicked out is himself telling lies to people that this mask will protect them from Virus, i am 100% he in ested in some Company producing those masks and now he wants to force people to wear them, especially foreigners who sooner or later will be double priced for those masks in LOS. 

2 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Not so fast.....:

"Chinese researchers had previously suggested asymptomatic people might transmit the virus but had not presented clear-cut evidence. “There’s no doubt after reading [the NEJM] paper that asymptomatic transmission is occurring,” Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told journalists. “This study lays the question to rest.”

But now, it turns out that information was wrong. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), the German government’s public health agency, has written a letter to NEJM to set the record straight, even though it was not involved in the paper.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/paper-non-symptomatic-patient-transmitting-coronavirus-wrong

You may wish to read the German  report of jan. 30 and the subsequent   US report of the infected assymptomatic 10 year who was  shedding virus.

• Thanks 1

So one white person <deleted> him off, he went on a rent on 'ai farang' (<deleted> farangs) who don't want to wear a useless (for most of us) mask ought to be kicked out. Then says he has many foreign friends and isn't really sorry because those damn foreigners just ought to wear these masks even if it's all for show. Fits in with the useless spraying of water to combat smog...    I guess we can all yell 'ai Thai' . If people get angry, clarify it was just meant as a curse towards this foolish minister and you did not mean to offend Thais in general..  let's see how that would go. 555 

3 hours ago, Northman said:

Why is he wearing a useless surgical mask then? Everyone i every country that does not wear a ffp3 grade mask should not be allowed to leave their homes.

Here an idea. Immigration could start requiring foreigners to have 80.000 (or 40k if married to a Thai) FFP3 masks in storage. The masks in stock should not go below a certain threshold, for.. reasons..  And FFP2 masks may also be acceptable if you can provide a note from your embassy that says you are healthy. Must have fancy stamps or else it's not accepted.  Any foreigner with too few masks would obviously be considered trash and needs to deported. Bloody foreigners. Let's make Thailand great again. ???? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, morrobay said:

Who cares what they say. Its a two way street. Look at all the negative/ condescending comments about Thais by foreigners around here.

People "around here" are not government ministers in positions of authority.

And I'll tell you who cares: the world. Story is on Yahoo now.
https://news.yahoo.com/thai-minister-says-kick-western-tourists-not-wearing-082104926.html

• Like 1

19 hours ago, morrobay said:

Who cares what they say. Its a two way street. Look at all the negative/ condescending comments about Thais by foreigners around here.

He did mention that foreigners should not look down on Thais. I reserve the right to look down on Thai tossers just as I look down on foreign tossers. The only difference is that in Thailand I'll keep my sentiments to myself. There's good and bad everywhere, including in Thailand.

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

A single foreigner refused, which he took as justification to slag off every single farang here? And he won't apologise? There are many things I could say about his suitability for office and overall intelligence, but as a moderator, I shall refrain from the worst of it and simply say, unacceptable.

The problem is that none of the current mob who are in the cabinet or any other senior government post, are intelligent. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BestB said:

And this is where our spineless western governments need to do something. Imagine if a health minister in UK or AU or US said he would never apologise to asians ? There would be outrage and most likely riots not to mention letters of protest from every Asian country , but when tables are turned , our spineless governments keep quite

'quiet'

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

: "The day will never come when I will apologize to foreigners".

Good and the day will never come when you do not accept bribes , how else did you get your minister post ? Certainly not because of your IQ.

Associates have a dozen 40 foot containers of N95 Face for sale (at hugee profit margins) that these pesky Farangs are not buying. The whole fear campaign is not working with these educated Farangs who "think" for themselves are are not easily duped &/or controlled. Give me you tourist dollars & then get the hell out

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

The problem is that none of the current mob who are in the cabinet or any other senior government post, are intelligent. 

Who needs intelligence when you're running a country and have more than 4 billion Baht?No wonder he doesn't feel apologetic.

• Haha 1

Foreigners should not look down on Thais, he said. He said that he has lots of nice foreign friends. 

But any racist foreigner is not his friend, he intimated.

------------------------------
Ditto, now you know how we feel when your Thai Immigration look down on us Farangs with all there BS rules and corruptive practices they enforce upon us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Chinese foreigners or white foreigners?

He is beloved beyond Thailand's borders...a superstar! A hero of medical science! He just cannot understand why the whole country's people are hating him while he has so many foreigner friends... Little man it's your bad mouth why everyone wants you to be fired.... Thais believe they don't need your service to the country and they believe you won't make it much longer in office.... let's hope...

Edited by P100
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, morrobay said:

Clarification in order: 'they' above refers to the most of Thai males who dislike white foreign males. All inclusive from the *taxi trash* who make comments as you walk by to this guy. I could care less. The 'negative/condescending comments' include the very justified constructive criticism about Thais. And condescending in mostly  all topics around here is calling *spades spades*

6 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Clarification in order: 'they' above refers to the most of Thai males who dislike white foreign males. All inclusive from the *taxi trash* who make comments as you walk by to this guy. I could care less. The 'negative/condescending comments' include the very justified constructive criticism about Thais. And condescending in mostly  all topics around here is calling *spades spades*

I live in Isaan and I dont generally find all Thai males hate us but males about 50 years plus seem to not have much regard for us. Often once they meet you and realise your pretty much the same as them sometimes ok, but I have found that age group to be standoffish. Younger ones may have some issues with us too but dont seem to show it , unless youre eyeing up his gf

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 2