Not much of an apology: Health minister Anutin unrepentant after face mask tirade against "farang"

rooster59

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

That advice has been superceeded by the WHO. It's now "No need to wear a mask if you aren't unwell".

Nice try for a massive Thai apology but no cigar.

The WHO also say not to restrict travel or ban people from China, which the Thai Government follows the advice and gets slated for it. Here they are not following WHO advice and getting slated for it.

Damned if they do damned if they dont.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BestB said:

And this is where our spineless western governments need to do something. Imagine if a health minister in UK or AU or US said he would never apologise to asians ? There would be outrage and most likely riots not to mention letters of protest from every Asian country , but when tables are turned , our spineless governments keep quite

It sux been a white fella in 2020 we stay silent because of the  backlash it would cause  buts it's fine for any other culture to slag us off any time they choose. 

• Like 2

Very reassuring to know that this Muppet is in charge of the Corona Virus Outbreak ! OK - everyone email their own country and tell those peski Farang's not to come otherwise at the end of the holiday they will have a strange white shape on their face that will ruin the suntan.

I love Thailand I live in Thailand   first of all I live in Bangkok the majority of Thai people don’t even wear masks themselves. when my wife and I went to look for masks you can’t find them   anywhere everybody sold out and maybe they should put a stop to all the Chinese people coming into the country O Thai Government won’t do that they only care about the money coming in.  

19 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If one person sneezes and is wearing a mask the damage maybe reduced,but of course it's a stupid idea because Anutin would have to be able to supply 66 million masks every half hour so that everyone can adhere to his directive but he doesn't seem to have a brain capable of thinking through his stupid ideas.

Yup, so it would be a lot easyier and better if he just ordered ALL the food to be covered in the malls/markets! And not only for now but for always, just like the farang ALWAYS do in their homecountries.

2 minutes ago, Phuket Pete said:

Very reassuring to know that this Muppet is in charge of the Corona Virus Outbreak ! OK - everyone email their own country and tell those peski Farang's not to come otherwise at the end of the holiday they will have a strange white shape on their face that will ruin the suntan.

Ai Anutin is all over the press and TV in the UK. I think they've already got the message.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Nope. Not for an in-country extension of stay based on one's O-A visa; the Thai Health Mafia, with their insurance cronies, have made it mandatory to have a Thai health insurance policy, regardless of how comprehensive one's home country policy is. Obviously you're not affected, as you would be current on all the threads addressing this inane  situation.

I don't have an OA visa but i bet that within a year or so ALL the long term visa's will need that Thai insurance....and in that case i'm out of here...together with my wife. So i 'll stop looking for a nice villa from now on and prepare to move abroad.

• Like 1

He should have already been sacked or moved to a position where no more damage can be done. However, seems his "slip" was just letting the truth out about how the elite feels and it bubbles close to the surface. He is obviously a walking disaster on the PR front and shows way too much how westerners are generally viewed here. Oberführer Anutin is unqualified for his position, a PR disaster and very poor representative for most Thais that would disagree with him too.

• Like 1

Obviously many foreigners and foreign countries have helped to make Thailand what it is today. Perhaps they shpuldvall go homecas well. This suited creature seems like a person who overvalues his insignificant importance in an ocean of foreign dependence on trade, commerce and tourism.

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Apparently according to one post he only apologised to reporter(s)

I went to his Facebook page after my post, he wrotes again about it many times starting by some farang are racist against Thai people. 

" Swipe my hand that gives you a hygienic mask"

"I am Thai people who never let foreign people act like racist and insult Thai people."

"I don't feel guilty while showing emotions and using words with that "Foreigner" who does not honor Thai people and sees Thailand's disease control measures are disgusting"

"but I will never apologize to that foreigner who does not honor and despise the disease control measures of Thailand."

"I'm just saying that if that foreigner or any person is not ready to follow the advice of Thai Ministry of health should not be in Thailand during this time,"

"Prevention of germs is what we expect, not to swipe hands and look with disrespected eyes, like me the ministry of public health received. Today"

And after having relieved his ego wounded to death...after writing  a novel in three volumes, he ended with this little sentence that I suspect was the only reluctant sentence 

"Thank you and apologize to all foreigners who have cooperated to prevent epidemic."

• Like 1

Lets me honest about this subject. The main attention  for Thai officals are Chinese and Indian tourist. The farang can please  himself for the time been. we brought it on out self the way we have been conducting ourselves for  many years. Now not everybody fits the same hat but i think in the eyes of the authorities that is the case.

On my many visits to Thailand farangs disagree with me well some when I tell them they are not wanted any longer. Most are there on  a pension which is barely enough to buy food and pay rent.Yep the Chinese  spend even less money   as the tours are paid for in China  but the numbers look good.

Frankly not much going for the  place so like myself start elsewhere to go and spend your money.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He later apologized, but not to foreigners. He said he was sorry for losing it. He despises foreigners, as he is a racist, a bigot a xenophobe, and a fake nationalist. He knows nothing about anything. He has no background in health. If he knew anything he would be encouraging people to scrub their hands thoroughly ten times a day, which is infinitely more effective than wearing a mask. But, how would he know that? After all, he is only the health minister. 

He has a mate at the top , nuff said ..

37 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Obviously many foreigners and foreign countries have helped to make Thailand what it is today. 

That's right, in addition to the substantial tourism contribution to GDP are the foreign engineers who have been required  for the bridges, skytrains and subways. As well as the foreign manufactures setting up shop for exports. Without all the above Thailand would be a basket case country with only rice and girls for exports.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BestB said:

And this is where our spineless western governments need to do something. Imagine if a health minister in UK or AU or US said he would never apologise to asians ? There would be outrage and most likely riots not to mention letters of protest from every Asian country , but when tables are turned , our spineless governments keep quite

Ignorant to think that western countries don’t have Asians or Females in senior ministerial roles . Penny Wong for example in Australia was Health minister in the last labor govt. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You refuse a gift from me? Don't you know who I am? I nearly always get nothing but deference from my people. You showed me none. How dare you! I am a big guy. A very important man. I am a Govt. minister! Such insubordination. 

I sort of hated foreigners before. But now it is just too much. I just cannot deal with someone not treating me like a big wig. Foreigners go home. You do not know who I am!

Nailed it in one

• Like 1