Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

5 minutes ago, El Matador said:

I hope they can arrest him.

The best thing that can happen to him now is being shot and to die without suffering.

Apparently, the army brought his mum to tell him to stop.

That was inevitable in TL. Sadly.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

That is too predictable, remember he is military trained, the best way to resolve it is with something he is not expecting or planed for.

Military trained haha.. look at him he is a fat  mess. Thai Soldiers never see action..

Edited by Bell1234

27 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I would say this is nothing more than malicious rumor mongering which would be good not to repeat.

I am not a medical person as far as I know there is no ethnic classification in blood types. Mine is good as yours as good as a Thais if types otherwise match. Ok, corona virus might add hoops for the donor to get through but why farang?

And there is nothing at all in this whole sad affair that is farang-related per se so let's not try to insert ourselves into it.

Fair enough, but it is a statement made by a person with a face, easily identifiable and plain to read on the  Korat expat FB page. If he is wrong, then good.  However,  the person should be corrected. It is a statement that if left unchallenged can cause harm.

2 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Girlfriend is watching several Thai news sources online. 

The commandos yelled all clear after a minute long firefight and have now cleared out of the Mall with ambulance crews going in. 

So either they killed him or he killed himself before they got to him. Not sure which. 

If confirmed, then good riddance.

4 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

It doesn't. It's Senseless violence and disgusting. A bullet is too easy a way out for him. Whether it was from their gun or his own.

it was the only way it was gonna end for him. just hoping that the hostages are okay.

8 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Girlfriend is watching several Thai news sources online. 

The commandos yelled all clear after a minute long firefight and have now cleared out of the Mall with ambulance crews going in. 

So either they killed him or he killed himself before they got to him. Not sure which. 

A minute long? You mean 10-15 minutes with intense firing. Hundreds of bullets fired. He might be dead, but that seriously didn't sound like it went without a fight. Just wondering how on earth the hostages could escape that alive. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HOAX said:

A minute long? You mean 10-15 minutes with intense firing. Hundreds of bullets fired. He might be dead, but that seriously didn't sound like it went without a fight. Just wondering how on earth the hostages could escape that alive. Fingers crossed.

Reuters report two dead people carried out after the latest shooting.

4 minutes ago, HOAX said:

Can't find reports on if any hostages were released before the final firefight?

He's dead for sure, they wouldn't waltz back out the door unless he was. Especially when they had him pinned down, he would have been exhausted, drained and his nerves shot to hell. 

Crazy to see one guy hold out so long and horribly sad to follow this all day. Now it's time to pray there's no copy cats 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, expatinbangkok said:

Thairath streaming again, saying he's still alive and they aren't sure where he is. The images on screen seem to back that up. But somehow a few hostages were gotten out, and yeah they say he killed a few more

A Thai police website on Facebook said he was dead and now just back tracked that statement as you posted this oddly enough 

If he truly did escape I have no words as to how one individual can outsmart an entire military and police force in an area that's been shut down and secured for the last 10 hours. You'd think there would be a soldier or cop every 3 feet at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, expatinbangkok said:

Yeah they seem totally incompetent they're saying they saw him run towards the back of the mall but don't know where, and some are sitting around or on their phones

No dogs? No helicopters? Infrared? It's ONE guy

2 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Is this guy basic soldier or someone with extra skills ?

Overweight mama's boy, but apparently quite a Crack shot. 

He was killing with headshots quite effectively from some distance when this first started. I have a feeling they expected this would be easier than it turned out to be. If he's actually still alive and has escaped that's a pretty crazy blunder considering most every special forces soldier in the country has been flown in on top of the military and probably every cop in the province. 

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

That is too predictable, remember he is military trained, the best way to resolve it is with something he is not expecting or planed for.

It doesn't matter how well trained he is, the lights go out and a second later before he has any time to know what was going to happen, it happens. Bang, Flash. Pop.... history.

He's apparently blown up another large gas tank at the back of the building which firefighters will have to deal with. 

But now there's a flood of reports again that he's dead. The dep-pm is on scene saying that the operation is over? 

26 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Can't find reports on if any hostages were released before the final firefight?

He's dead for sure, they wouldn't waltz back out the door unless he was. Especially when they had him pinned down, he would have been exhausted, drained and his nerves shot to hell. 

Crazy to see one guy hold out so long and horribly sad to follow this all day. Now it's time to pray there's no copy cats 

Your wife is like a lot of people.... reading fake news and passing it on to her husband. 

I can not find a shred of this report anywhere on any media source, and i am in constant touch with events through the local social media platforms where many know people who are/were involved myself included.

I am just a few miles down the road from this mall. My wife was there just before it happened. 

You seem to be the only person who has this info.