Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

active now on the streets in front of mall

"Hanuman" police commandos arrive in Korat city after a 40-minute helicopter ride from Bangkok to assist in an operation to kill or capture a gunman who murdered at least 12 people in a shooting rampage.

https://twitter.com/NBbreaking/status/1226173603491786766

Edited by NCC1701A

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Did it all the time in the UK, a weekend guarding an ammo dump in the middle of nowhere, either a sub machine gun or an SLR (7.62 rifle) empty magazine on, patrolling on top of the bunkers with the ammo locked up in the guardhouse safe, and that was in the days of a very active mainland IRA. ????  

lol.

when I was on airforce base guard duty it was so boring but at least I had live ammo in.

1 minute ago, tgw said:

did I miss something or is this just footage of empty escalators?

If you have the sound on, it sounds like someone was yelling at the shooter, and said shooter didn't like it much. Any Thai speakers care to translate for us?

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes .... but surely they have every exit guarded and have surrounded the building  

It was always a possibility. However many SWAT teams, snipers, and police there are, if they haven't done any drills and aren't experienced, they have a higher chance of making mistakes. If he does slip through during the night, then they are increasingly dependent on him making mistakes.

3 minutes ago, scunner said:

If you have the sound on, it sounds like someone was yelling at the shooter, and said shooter didn't like it much. Any Thai speakers care to translate for us?

I understood some of it - mostly insults.

Shows you the kind of Thai I learn ????

Edited by tgw

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

If he's got grenades and hostages the only way is for a sharpshooter to take him out. Anything else and it will be more carnage.

and I would think that is what will happen  ...  a sniper will take him out ...imo

3 minutes ago, scunner said:

Any Thai speakers care to translate for us?

Guy says come out here, animal

Shooter replies 'you di*k'

Guy replies 'your dad is a di*k. Gonna come and shoot me you (expletive)?

Shooter says come up here then

Guy replies nah you come here I'm right here

Shooter starts firing his gun in the distance

• Like 2

Not much going on so on the Thairath livestream they kill the time by bringing on some gun expert to talk us through the guns the shooter used, and they play videos from his facebook of him practicing at the range, and loop a dozen of his selfies over and over. Don't think he escaped or they would've mentioned it. No gunfire for a while

Edited by expatinbangkok

Just now, expatinbangkok said:

Not much going on so on the Thairath livestream they kill the time by bringing on some gun expert to talk us through the guns the shooter used, and they play videos from his facebook of him practicing at the range, and loop a dozen of his selfies over and over.

Here on sky news in uk reporter says that news crews been told to stop reporting at the moment this could be why no update at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, expatinbangkok said:

Not much going on so on the Thairath livestream they kill the time by bringing on some gun expert to talk us through the guns the shooter used, and they play videos from his facebook of him practicing at the range, and loop a dozen of his selfies over and over. Don't think he escaped or they would've mentioned it. No gunfire for a while

So the shooter hasn't escaped? There were rumours he escaped.

UPDATE - 23:29

KORAT MALL SHOOTING LATEST

- At least 20 killed, number of injured unclear - Thai Defence Ministry

- Video on Twitter purported to show Thai special forces entering the mall

- Gunman understood to be still inside Terminal 21 shopping mall in Korat

- Thai news site Thairath reported that 16 people are being held hostage in the mall.

- Total of 80 people rescued from mall, but many others still unaccounted for.

- Reports suspect is also armed with explosives

- Military reportedly deployed jamming devices to stop suspect from being able to broadcast online

- Special forces were expected to enter the mall to engage the gunman

- Army has ordered media to stop live broadcasts from outside the mall

- Urgent call for blood - Donations can be made at hospitals in Korat, Surin, Buriram and Saraburi

- People in Korat told to remain indoors

- Gunman, who is a soldier, earlier streamed rampage live on Facebook

- Rampage began when soldier shot dead at least two colleagues

- Suspect is said to have had dispute over a land deal with commanding officer

- #savekorat starts trending on social media