Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the first video being streamed from someone hiding on the ground floor, Shooter in a firefight with special forces... Surely if they are able to engage him, it is time to turn out the lights and use night vision to take him out while he is blind.

Edited by Brewster67

Probably inspired by the New Zealand terrorist, Breivik and others.  Not the first time this happens  in the world and will not be the last time.   RIP to all the victims. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Come on, OK reports are varied and conflicting at the moment but from what I can make out, this was an unplanned attack. He shot dead a Colonel and the Colonel's mother in law in some sort of dispute and then went to the amoury shooting dead staff there. I have never visited an amoury in the west where access to weapons/ammunition can be gained simply by shooting the staff.

Soldiers planning an attack in a corrupt country may well be able to gain access to weapons/ammunition but on the spur of the moment? It should not be possible. The fact that he was able to gain access to the armoury, seemingly quite easily, smacks of slackness. If the normal, universal military procedures were followed, it would not have been possible for him to get his hands on anything - even with a gun. Heads should roll but they won't.

I don't know how armories are today, but 25 years ago it was possible to get weapons and ammo by threatening the staff.

Someone said he was (sorry, is, but hopefully was) a sergeant-major, he possibly had special access to the armory.

This is clearly nothing to do with the initial reason for shooting his CO and mother in law.... Anyone with any semblance of mental capacity would have stopped there, job done..... Not decide to turn it into a mass slaughter of innocent people, many poor judging by the fact some were riding scooters and not driving Mercs or BMWs.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, balo said:

Probably inspired by the New Zealand terrorist, Breivik and others.  Not the first time this happens  in the world and will not be the last time.   RIP to all the victims. 

I read it was about a land deal dispute with his commander, but I can't confirm that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

The Thai police said they have taken control of all the floors above G Floor at Terminal 21 shopping mall in Korat. Throngs of people have been able to leave the building

https://twitter.com/8td/status/1226186887196332032

I am looking at a picture right now with the police on G floor.

this is G floor.

https://www.facebook.com/csdthai/photos/a.259302661226717/759906007833044/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

Edited by Brewster67

14 minutes ago, tgw said:

I don't know how armories are today, but 25 years ago it was possible to get weapons and ammo by threatening the staff.

Someone said he was (sorry, is, but hopefully was) a sergeant-major, he possibly had special access to the armory.

He shouldn't have access - the only people that have access are staff on shift on the day. Even the boss can't go in without an order. Obvioulsy this is Thailand but those procedures are pretty universal in developed countries.

Nobody knows what exactly happened yet but I feel its safe to say that accepted procedures have not been followed.

Edited by KhaoYai

1 minute ago, tgw said:

why doesn't the health minister wear a face mask ?

And why is he again not looking like a minister? Dress properly like is very important in thailand. The whole world is watching and there he is, under the teenage cap in his green cheapo poloshirt which is in the sale right now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, champers said:

I can't be sure, did I see Apirat in one of those videos ? please tell me I'm wrong, 

General Aphirak Kongsompong, Commander in Chief of the Royal Thai Army, came to Terminal 21, #Korat to command the event.

https://twitter.com/ISCResearch/status/1226171184137428995?s=20

Scroll down one

Edited by Roy Baht