Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I was referring to the poster who said several times he was dead and referred to a 'final firefight'.... The video streams being posted a few minutes ago was actual footage from hours ago that is on a loop on thairath.

I did see the live streams of the latest gunfire which actually happened around 10.30pm, that was an operation of probably covering fire to clear all the floors of trapped shoppers that the gunman wasn't on.... my wife's cousin included in those who were liberated by that operation.

Since then there has been no actual dramatic incidents. those being carried out were wounded long ago, oh and apparently the wife's cousin had to be carried out also because she has a condition and can not walk too well.

As a matter of fact, i want her to take me to the security guy who carried her to safety, so i can shake his hand.... he was a hero in my book.

https://www.nrk.no/norge/stor-politiaksjon-etter-masseskyting-i-thailand-1.14895236

Here's the 10-15 minutes intense shootout around one and a half hours ago. Watch from 1:16:45

5 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

How much ammo has this guy got!?

I wonder that as well. Although it seems he's much better at hitting what he's aiming at sadly. So I imagine the majority of the shots you here are being fired at him, not from him 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

The gold shop nut, now this guy. With all the fame they receive, this could start a trend. 

Absolutely. My guess is it already has. It's like a virus infecting selfish Thai airheads with financial problems. And there are quite a few of those around.

Edited by valerian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On the livestream that top police / army guy whoever he is just came out the mall looking angry with a bunch of other soldiers and they all got in a car and drove off without bothering to answer any reporters' questions or even look at them

More occasional gunfire and explosions inside

Edited by expatinbangkok

2 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Is military rule still in place in Thailand?  Why is the Army giving orders to the media and what is a soldier doing with live ammo on the streets during peacetime. 

No .

The soldier went rouge .Stole a Humvee ,guns and ammo from his base after shooting dead his Army officer superior ,his mother in law and i think a 3 rd person .Then he headed to the current shopping Mall.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Is military rule still in place in Thailand?  Why is the Army giving orders to the media and what is a soldier doing with live ammo on the streets during peacetime. 

The army will be in control of operations, as for why he has live ammo, If you are working in the armoury and someone walks in a points a gun in your face, you hand over what he wants don't you?... I certainly would.

Edited by Brewster67
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

If that's 5.56mm ammo in bandoliers it's carriable with no special pack...but would be an effort if 7.62mm. I still don't get why he has such a big hate for the elites and well off but takes it out on ordinary folks???.

Access

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Its just gone 6 in the morning if Im correct it's almost 12 hours.........? He's going to be tired and hungry unless he's on something Ya-Ba I think they should have smoked him out bye now

Possibly pure adrenaline. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Its just gone 6 in the morning if Im correct it's almost 12 hours.........? He's going to be tired and hungry unless he's on something Ya-Ba I think they should have smoked him out bye now

early on when he was still doing Facbook live, one of the things he was saying is he was tired, that was 12 hours ago.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

If that's 5.56mm ammo in bandoliers it's carriable with no special pack...but would be an effort if 7.62mm. I still don't get why he has such a big hate for the elites and well off but takes it out on ordinary folks???.

Thats what I was thinking some weight in that lot and he seems to be mobile, on the move