Married British TV presenter Schofield comes out as gay

rooster59

I reckon he announced it himself due to fear he was going to be outed by someone. After having made his wife believe for 27 years that he loved her he's made himself out, and her, to be foolish. How can anyone trust in what he says. What a totally selfish <deleted> he turned out to be. Now we wait and see what comes of his announcement. The real reason why he came outta the closet after 27 years.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why? You don't you think that's evidence for his ridiculous assertion, do you?

Anecdotal. However, but sorry I'm not going to bother to dig up the links, I do recall a study documenting that very outspoken homophobic men are more likely to have repressed gay feelings than the baseline. Of course not all of them but a correlation. It makes sense. If you're a repressed gay person and you think it's shameful and you're in a homophobic social environment, what better way to broadcast that you're not gay than to be an obnoxious gay basher?

But I get the common complaint that gay people think almost everyone is gay. There are some gay people that seem to think that and I think that's obnoxious. In fact, I don't think the often touted 10 percent rule is really true. I think there is strong evidence that only about 2 to 3 percent of typical human male populations are exclusively gay. There is of course the range of sexuality thing that is real as well. Which brings up women. Arguably their sexuality is a lot more fluid than men (to be crass, they don't need to get it up), as in the phenom of college lesbians. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

One thing is for certain. 
The British press will now hound him and his family day and night until the find some exclusive story or a kiss and tell. They won’t be satisfied that there isn’t “more to it”

Even with all the Coronavirus stuff, this story is the front pages.

42 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I reckon he announced it himself due to fear he was going to be outed by someone. After having made his wife believe for 27 years that he loved her he's made himself out, and her, to be foolish. How can anyone trust in what he says. What a totally selfish <deleted> he turned out to be. Now we wait and see what comes of his announcement. The real reason why he came outta the closet after 27 years.

Piers Morgan ripped into him and Willoughby last month over the repeatedly rigged result of ITV 'best daytime hosts' awards. Morgan was so incensed that he boycotted the awards altogether and had a damn good rant. I have no idea whether or not they actually get on but working for the same network must have caused friction between the 4 (Susannah Reid being Morgan's on screen equivalent to HW).

HTH

Edited by evadgib

15 hours ago, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

Starred on TV with a puppet?

I'll have you know there was nothing wrong with Gordon the Gopher!

I don't care where he puts his wang aslong as its not near me! I find all this shouting from the rooftops about being "insert definition here" to be completely unnecessary as I am pretty sure nobody gives a toss about anyone elses sexuality.

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Flagging yourself as a 'rainbow warrior' is entirely your prerogative and makes no difference to the point I thought I had raised.

I am in no way a 'rainbow warrior' and my comment about Morgan had zero to do with your post... I saw his name and that was it.

EDIT: thats why I didn't quote your whole post

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Dunno about that, if I were his misses I'd worry about him banging guys then coming home and banging me.

Just like a lot of couples, I suspect the sexual side of their relationship died long ago. I would think she's known for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

One thing is for certain. 
The British press will now hound him and his family day and night until the find some exclusive story or a kiss and tell. They won’t be satisfied that there isn’t “more to it”

Even with all the Coronavirus stuff, this story is the front pages.

I don't think they will, P&H are daytime favourites and the press will have to walk a fine line about not been seen as homophobic, besides it's trendy these days to be "different".

3 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

No they don't. When has anyone come out as straight? I've never spoken to anyone outside my family about my sexual preferences.

I have a gay lad who works for me and he never discusses his sexuality because it's his own affair not mine or anyone else. If he wants to discuss it then great but that's up to him.

Sorry I don't believe you. People assume you and everyone else is straight by default. Your gay lad well you know he's gay so there you go. I think alot of this is so invisible to straight people that they just can't process the reality of it. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I think gay people make far too much of thing out of it as adults. As far as I know nobody cares. In the industry I work/worked in at certain bigger companies, its even advertised if you are different, why? Again nobody cares just get on with your life the same as we all have too.

It depends on your specific social situation. You absolutely cannot make universal generalizations. 

I have an example. I used to know a guy in one of the most liberal towns in the USA. So liberal that it was the butt of jokes for being so liberal. But he was blue collar and worked in a grocery store in a very macho. homophobic work environment. He was miserable and felt like he needed to stay closeted. 

It may well be that years later the situation in that store is much better. I do not know. 

But its a big world where there are still scads of countries where being gay is illegal or even carries the death penalty.

Even in countries where gay marriage is legal there are still macho cultures where homophobia is rampant and deeply ingrained. 

You can pass laws but you can't force people to change their attitudes. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It depends on your specific social situation. You absolutely cannot make universal generalizations. 

I have an example. I used to know a guy in one of the liberal towns in the USA. But he was blue collar and worked in a grocery store in a very homophobic work environment. He was miserable and felt like he needed to stay closeted. 

It may well be that years later the situation in that store is much better. I do not know. 

But its a big world where there are still scads of countries where being gay is illegal or even carries the death penalty.

Even in countries where gay marriage is legal there are still macho cultures where homophobia is rampant and deeply ingrained. 

You can pass laws but you can't force people to change their attitudes. 

I can only speak about my personal experiences and the places I have been(although many, the USA is not one of them). Yes, there will be small minded people(and guess what, the majority doesnt care about them too) but I still don't think there is any need to shout about it. Surely this would only cause those that do get offended by it to get even more angry and cause more problems for anyone who is gay. At the end of the day, like you say, you cant force people to change their attitudes and I am sorry to say, if a country carries the death penalty for being gay no ammount of coming out and being proud will change that. Me and everyone that I associate with, doesn't care what you do and pretty sure peoples feeling towards me are the same. If I think you are ok, we are good and if not, we can deal with each other only if we have to. 

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You don't live with someone for 27 years and have a normal sex life, as surely the act would repulse you being the gay person. And you can't tell me he hasn't had sex with a male in those 27 years.

You and I know nothing about their relationship, you're just making assumptions. As I said before not every relationship conforms to the perceived "norm".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Shame on a guy who had a complicated time to tell others the truth?

I take my hat off. He's got balls, hasn't he? 

Not really. What's so special about being gay?

Feedback seen elsewhere suggests PS was getting stuck into a runner at ITV & was set to be outedeither by the runner or by a named co host but for the life of me I cannot see why they're making such a meal of it....yet.

Edited by evadgib

20 hours ago, CGW said:

Is the village idiot having a day off? offended over what? ???? Obviously you have taken offence - Bye!

I think you will find that you were the one getting offended cos this guy had come out, but you keep on projecting ???? 

Edited by PremiumLane

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yes we do know something. He preferred someone of the same sex as himself. If he'd came out as bisexual then I can accept he enjoyed sex with his wife for 27 years. But he didn't and that means, in my mind, that he was repulsed  by having to have sex with her. Similar to what you'd feel if you had to make love to another man for 27 years. I'm assuming you are straight?

Firstly we don't know how long he was gay, secondly there are different spectrums of gay. It's not as simple as saying that you're gay or hetro and not all gay people are repulsed by sex with a woman, some people have a very narrow-minded view.

I still stand by my initial point, who cares?

8 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Firstly we don't know how long he was gay, secondly there are different spectrums of gay. It's not as simple as saying that you're gay or hetro and not all gay people are repulsed by sex with a woman, some people have a very narrow-minded view.

I still stand by my initial point, who cares?

Yes we do know how long he's been gay. You don't just become gay when you turn 30 or any other time. Your genetic footprint is already written at birth. If not all gay men are repulsed by sexual contact with a woman then they must be bisexual. In this case he doesn't admit to being bisexual so he's quite obviously gay and is proud to get up and state that. There fore leaving his poor wife thinking 'in 27 years how did I not see that'? I assume that will leave her needing counselling.  

Some people have a very narrow minded view.

• Like 1