Married British TV presenter Schofield comes out as gay

rooster59

19 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Sexuality is not binary but a continuum; what he means is that he finds he can respond sexually to men and maybe that's a preference now. According to Kinsey it's a minority of people who under no circumstances can respond sexually to someone of their own sex, although probably only around one-third actually do so

Kinsey (1948)????  A bit late in the day (now)?  A "minority" = 1% or 49%???

Someone should run a poll here on TV to see how many of us would "under no circumstances respond sexually to someone of their own sex".

I'm guessing 99.9% ....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, blazes said:

Someone should run a poll here on TV to see how many of us would "under no circumstances respond sexually to someone of their own sex".

I'm guessing 99.9% ....

So a bunch of retirees here chasing c**t would be a representative sample of the population?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Read it in Politicalite.com dated 8/02/2020. Named a Matthew McGreevy former runner for the Morning show. No doubt will be hearing more on this 

A report so hedged about with qualifications as to be totally unreliable

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Never heard of him. 

Sad to see the predictable homophobic slurs and sophomoric gay jokes though. 

But too bad Anderson Cooper isn't single as they'd make a cute couple. 

But Jingy, old sport, isn't this little squib of yours also a "sophomoric gay joke"?  

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

so you want him to keep lying??  And do you really think his wife has been with him for 27 years and didn't have the slightest inkling he's gay? Starred on TV with a puppet? London theatre actor? Joseph with the rainbow-colored coat? she knew. it still doesn't make her pain any less, but at least now she can get to know the real him. 

It is not that his wife did no know. She probably did. It is the public announcement of the fact because it will bring attention to his family that they might prefer not to have.

But if the suggestion that someone  was intending to create petty "scandal" is true I guess it was unavoidable.Otherwise he might have left it a bit late in life to use the situation to enhance his profile...unless he has a book to sell.

3 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

No, I want to him to keep his personal life personal. Who gives a monkeys whether he is gay or not, no need to broadcast to all and sundry. Whether you are gay, straight, bi, trans should be of no consequence to anyone else. Agree with you about his wife, some relationships are different to the perceived "norm" and maybe she accepted it long ago.

As far as I'm concerned "coming out" is the form of apology gay people are forced to make to explain why they're not giving their parents grandchildren. In this guy's case it's unnecessary as he already has kids

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

As far as I'm concerned "coming out" is the form of apology gay people are forced to make to explain why they're not giving their parents grandchildren. In this guy's case it's unnecessary as he already has kids

You're totally wrong. There is a lot more to it than that and it's not only about parents. 

1 hour ago, blazes said:

I'm guessing 99.9% ....

How about if you're a bit drunk and the ladyboy is fairly convincing with his clothes on?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

No, I want to him to keep his personal life personal. Who gives a monkeys whether he is gay or not, no need to broadcast to all and sundry. Whether you are gay, straight, bi, trans should be of no consequence to anyone else.

Agree with you about his wife, some relationships are different to the perceived "norm" and maybe she accepted it long ago.

That's not practical but it's something that straight people often say because they lack the consciousness and imagination of what it would really be like to grow up where everyone assumes you're straight by default. Straight people broadcast their orientation all the time! I'm sure you do too. Family pictures on the desk. Talking about who you're dating now, who your girlfriend is, etc. 

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Generally straight people don't ever need to come out. It's assumed.

There is Stephen Daldry who is careful as to how he framed his change of 'direction'. 

Although Daldry has been married since 2001 to performance artist and magazine editor Lucy Sexton, with whom he has a daughter,he describes himself simply as a gay man because people prefer it ("they don't like the confusion").He was previously in a relationship with set designer Ian MacNeil for 13 years.[9] They met at an outdoor production of Alice in Wonderland in Lancaster in 1988, and after settling in Camberwell, began collaborating on theatrical productions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Daldry

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:
4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Where did you get that garbage assertion from?

Could be news items of anti-gay politicians being caught in flagrante delicto in men's toilets? 

Why? You don't you think that's evidence for his ridiculous assertion, do you?