Married British TV presenter Schofield comes out as gay

rooster59

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yes we do know how long he's been gay. You don't just become gay when you turn 30 or any other time. Your genetic footprint is already written at birth. If not all gay men are repulsed by sexual contact with a woman then they must be bisexual. In this case he doesn't admit to being bisexual so he's quite obviously gay and is proud to get up and state that. There fore leaving his poor wife thinking 'in 27 years how did I not see that'? I assume that will leave her needing counselling.  

Some people have a very narrow minded view.

I see a problem with your "logic"... People change over time !!

Took me 30 yrs before I started eating avocado, pretty sure it wasn't in my genetic footprint, I just got a taste for avocado ????

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're totally wrong. There is a lot more to it than that and it's not only about parents. 

Such as? Any way you look at it, it's about gay people apologising for what they are. Heterosexuals don't "come out"

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I'll have you know there was nothing wrong with Gordon the Gopher!

I don't care where he puts his wang aslong as its not near me! I find all this shouting from the rooftops about being "insert definition here" to be completely unnecessary as I am pretty sure nobody gives a toss about anyone elses sexuality.

IMG_20200208_163416.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I see a problem with your "logic"... People change over time !!

Took me 30 yrs before I started eating avocado, pretty sure it wasn't in my genetic footprint, I just got a taste for avocado ????

Food and sexuality are 'chalk and cheese'.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Food and sexuality are 'chalk and cheese'.

Obviously you didn't see the latest Absolutely Fabulous movie where the lascivious Barry Humphries character responds, replying to a comment about his newly clean-shaven face, "You are what you eat"

3 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Such as? Any way you look at it, it's about gay people apologising for what they are. Heterosexuals don't "come out"

It's not about apologizing. It's about revealing a person's true self publicly in cases where a person has been either intentionally closeted and/or default assumed to be straight (which is standard in almost all societies worldwide). 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

default assumed to be straight (which is standard in almost all societies worldwide)

Right - so apologising in advance in case some straight person embarasses themself by assuming we're not gay. Right, we must always grovel to the majority

Edited by ThaiBunny

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not feeling where you're coming from. 

Heavens, I thought you're one of those people who believes there's something called an LGBTIQ "community" and communities are, by definition, people who hold a common set of values, so where's the difficulty in your understanding?

8 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Heavens, I thought you're one of those people who believes there's something called an LGBTIQ "community" and communities are, by definition, people who hold a common set of values, so where's the difficulty in your understanding?

Please don't make any assumptions about me. 

3 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

So there's no such thing as a community in the sense of common values?

If there isn't a monolith (and I have an international perspective on this) then how could there be? Like a Sudanese lesbian is going to have the same common values as a Russian bisexual? Get real!

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If there isn't a monolith (and I have an international perspective on this) then how could there be? Like a Sudanese lesbian is going to have the same common values as a Russian bisexual? Get real!

I am being real. My position is there is no such thing as an LGBTIQ "community". It's something created by lobbyists to suggest that the position they are arguing has the support of a large group of people with common interests (a common trick of lobbyists the world over). I go further and say that in my opinion "coming out" is a heterosexual con job that is ultimately homophobic by imposing one standard on us queers (the Q in LGBTIQ) (the minority) and another on everyone else (the majority)

Edited by ThaiBunny

Just now, ThaiBunny said:

I am being real. My position is there is no such thing as an LGBTIQ "community". It's something created by lobbyists to suggest that the position they are arguing has the support of a large group of people with common interests (a common trick of lobbyists the world over). I go further and say that in my opinion "coming out" is a heterosexual con job that is ultimately homophobic by imposing one standard on queers (the minority) and another on everyone else (the majority)

I'm not really interested in going down this rathole with you but I don't find your overall conclusion realistic. Sexual minorities are just that … minorities. Many of them live in oppressive cultures either on a macro (national) or very micro (down to the family and friends) level. So unless they openly present in stereotypical ways (which so many people do not either because they are in the closet or more commonly it's not how they feel fits with their personality) they are going to be assumed to NOT be in a sexual minority. So many people even in these supposed more enlightened times are dealing with coming out … to family, to friends, to coworkers, publicly if they're public figures, and it's usually not a one time thing. In other words a teenager might have come out to his circle but decades later finds himself in a coming out situation when encountering new people or social environments. It's OK with me if you can't relate to what I'm saying. I'm one individual and you're one individual and there is no need that any two individuals need to see things in the same way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...