Anutin assures adequate supplies of face masks

rooster59

Anutin assures adequate supplies of face masks

By The Nation

800_40b52e0a215c6ce.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul posted on Facebook today (February 8) clarifying that face mask was not a stock product of the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO).

He said that that the GPO was selling 5 million additional face masks and he had ordered the agency to sell at cost price, adding he would order more if there were additional demand.

Recently, government deputy spokeswoman Ratchada Thanadirek had remarked on Friday (February 7) about the difference in the price of face masks sold by the Ministry of Commerce -- which cost Bt2.50 -- against the GPO’s price of Bt1.

“The reason that the government’s price is higher than GPO is because of higher production and transportation costs, while face mask was a stock product for the GPO so they can sell at a cheap price,” she said.

“We confirm that we did not intend to jack up the price, so people should trust that this is a standard price.”

Meanwhile, Deputy PM and Commerce Minister Jurin Laksanawisit also confirmed that the face mask price of Bt2.50 was appropriate considering the cost.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381839

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-09

(1) Any masks available in Surin? None that I can find, not that I propose to wear one for the moment but I guess the time is not far off ...

(2) I assume that the falangs who refused the 'Health' Minister's offerings at Siam BTS thought he was just a no-good salesman trying to make a quick buck off others' sickness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred white said:

only a few of the staff wearing one

Why would the staff need to wear a mask? Kabin Buri is 200 k from any known "infection" or are people wearing them everywhere now - regardless.

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Why would the staff need to wear a mask? Kabin Buri is 200 k from any known "infection" or are people wearing them everywhere now - regardless.

No they probably don't need to wear one but these morons in govt are telling everyone to wear them and I haven't seen where they are specifing what areas

• Like 1

Getting sick and tired of this over the top reaction to a disease that could given time, be properly contained and controlled. Stop the illogical panic please. For <deleted> sake. Oh and stop taking political gains and advantage. You have done more then enough with your xenophobic outburst a few days ago. Remove this idiot from office as soon as possible, we need capable people, not idiots.

Just now, sjaak327 said:

Oh please stop this illogical panic. For crying out loud. 

Calm down now, I am far removed from the panic and hysteria I am seeing everywhere, I am a great believer in my immune system being able to fight!

But I have zero faith in the present "government" to do anything correctly, possibly they could stage an excellent circus? ???? 

• Haha 1

Just now, CGW said:

Calm down now, I am far removed from the panic and hysteria I am seeing everywhere, I am a great believer in my immune system being able to fight!

But I have zero faith in the present "government" to do anything correctly, possibly they could stage an excellent circus? ???? 

The current government should be removed completely. Not just this health minister.  I am sure the people that actually won the last election could do much better if given their legitimate chance. 

• Like 2