Anutin assures adequate supplies of face masks

rooster59

You actually need to change mask every hour, or two hours for N95 mask. So for one working day you need 8 mask + 2 for transport. 10 masks in a day for one person.

If you wear mask more than one hour, it is become dangerous to you, also you need to wash hands with soap for 40 seconds before putting the mask and after you took it off. 

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Calm down now, I am far removed from the panic and hysteria I am seeing everywhere, I am a great believer in my immune system being able to fight!

But I have zero faith in the present "government" to do anything correctly, possibly they could stage an excellent circus? ???? 

They'd f that up to

• Haha 2

Conwood - concrete wood?  Used as a substitute for planks on the exterior of buildings, or making decking. Durable, but not very strong if you accidentally bend it. Termites do not like it much. Shera wood another similar product.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Conwood - concrete wood?  Used as a substitute for planks on the exterior of buildings, or making decking. Durable, but not very strong if you accidentally bend it. Termites do not like it much. Shera wood another similar product.

Ok I know what your talking about just never heard it called that and yes you definitely need a mask

9 hours ago, mickey rat said:

Great but at least they may help reduce harmful effects of 2.5PM air pollution from the annual sugar cane industry burn off that they refuse to address. ????

The paper drugstore masks they're handing out are 100% useless in terms of preventing you from breathing in PM2.5 air pollution.

And, they're not particularly effective (albeit better than nothing) in preventing someone from breathing in coronavirus particles, if an infected person nearby has sneezed or coughed.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, clearance said:

You actually need to change mask every hour, or two hours for N95 mask. So for one working day you need 8 mask + 2 for transport. 10 masks in a day for one person.

If you wear mask more than one hour, it is become dangerous to you, also you need to wash hands with soap for 40 seconds before putting the mask and after you took it off. 

No, that's not true re N95 masks.. As long as the mask isn't broken or torn, you can wear it until it gets dirty/sweaty or until the wearer finds it more difficult to breathe.

Especially when the purpose is to deal with the coronavirus or even PM2.5 pollution, which are relatively small/light materials as opposed to the heavier pollution that comes from things like a brush fire that would more quickly clog up such a mask.

But soap and water hand washing before and after putting on an N95 mask is good hygiene protocol.

16 minutes ago, nausea said:

Panacea, wait 14 days, then we'll know the truth. Personally, I'm staying indoors a lot.

Which is great, unless you end up having visitors from the outside who have the potential to share their "charms" with you... :smile:

But right now, you're probably OK as long as you're not hanging out with:

--Chinese tourists

--people who have hung out with Chinese tourists

--Thais who have returned lately from China

--people who have hung out with Thais who have returned lately from China.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Getting sick and tired of this over the top reaction to a disease that could given time, be properly contained and controlled. Stop the illogical panic please. For <deleted> sake. Oh and stop taking political gains and advantage. You have done more then enough with your xenophobic outburst a few days ago. Remove this idiot from office as soon as possible, we need capable people, not idiots.

Indeed. perhaps no one told him about every inbound traveller at BKK being forced to place their hands on the bio-metric scanner. 

Nothing was done when I travelled through.

Only 32 infections in Thailand? I doubt it. 

If even one person who was infected and left a trace on the scanner, what are they going to do? Trace the thousands of others who were forced to place their hands on that scanner?

Those idiots should be sued for negligence. Incompetent , at best.

Now THAT'S news!

The ministry of commerce charges the ministry of health an above market price for a mask. Make sure that this does not leak overseas as the rest of the planet will have a field day on that ???? 

And, no, there are not enough masks for all those mask-frenzy buyers; in Nong Khai Tesco Lotus has featured a hand written note saying "face mask no have". 

The muppet keeps harping on about masks. What about hand sanitizers? According to WHO keeping your hands sterile is more important than a worthless 5 baht mask. I went to 6 pharmacies today in Chiang Mai, none of them had stock and had no idea when new stock would be available. Somebody is obviously hoarding the hand sterilizers...