UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

39 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Nothing wrong with protectionism EVERY country does it in some way shape or form... Your trying to extend the point to suit yourself and its petty

As are the continuous attacks on the English for matters involving the entire Kingdom.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

As are the (presumably deliberate and somewhat monotonous) attacks on the English for matters involving the entire Kingdom.

Dosnt matter, we got our Independence and its only jealously and bad losers who cant handle it... I rather enjoy watching them chimp out every whiny chance they get... always Love watching arrogant know nothing  fools seethe. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TheDark said:

That's all good until the point you try to export English cakes to the rest of the world. Italian cakes yes, Thai cakes - oh yess, Indian cakes - sometimes. But English cakes? 

Now add reprisal tariffs to the English cakes and make billions selling the cakes all around the world. The world consumers are going to be thrilled!

That's basically the hard Brexit what is coming in 2021.

We are talking about passports .

The UK should make British passports .

That is my one and only point 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Better still if they were made in England. Do you remember when everything you bought was labelled "Made in England". Those were the days.....

Better still if everything was labelled "Made in London and the Home Counties"

The Home Counties!  What an expression. As a kid I never thought consciously about it, you don't when it's your own language, but being away so long, I start to wonder about expressions and idioms, especially when foreigners ask you about their origins.

The origin of the term is uncertain but, to quote Wikipedia, it may go back to Tudor times, referring to those counties so near London that it was possible for civil servants and politicians to have their country homes, and still be able to travel into London without excessive delay when they were needed.

As a northerner I always felt excluded, inferior to those wealthy, comfortable,southern snobs.

To quote Wikipedia again: The home counties have been characterised as being "inhabited on the whole by 'nice', comfortable, and conformist middle-class people" (1987)[9] exemplified by the county of Surrey which has been described as possessing quintessential home counties characteristics of "a comfortable plasticized commuterland with respectable villas and neatly mown lawns interspersed with patches of mild scenery.

'Come friendly bombs, fall on Slough', but spare the East Riding of Yorkshire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Is there something wrong saying the fact that Brexit was England's decision. It's now time for the brexiteers to own brexit. Brexiteers won and brexit happened. How long more brexiteers need to get over the fact that they actually won? 

Being a leader comes with responsibilities for one's people. It's now time to fulfil the promises brexiteers made, how wonderful the life after brexit is going to be. 

So, dear brexiteers. It's now time for you to offer bits of your wisdom and guide the rest towards the Shangri La of Brexitland. It's now time for you to shine and lead the way.

So, practical solutions?

Errrmm us Brexiteers here on Thai Visa are not Politicians , we arent the ones leading the Country .

Unless you know something that I dont know .

Is Boris Johnson a poster on Thai Visa ?

Are the UK politicians all posting on Thai Visa ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The best chocolate eclairs are made by Mr Kipling in Yorkshire. Exceedingly good cakes.

I only know the French original and Belgian copies.  Would be interesting to taste an English specimen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

We are talking about passports .

The UK should make British passports .

That is my one and only point 

So bendy bananas are no longer an issue of national security? Good.

I'm sure you'll get your Made in England - English passports back soon enough once all the Brexit aftermath is finally settled. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, englishoak said:

Good, only im not the one moaning every day about having left. now am I ?  :passifier:

You aren't selective lad. You moan (or should that be pontificate) about everything or more accurately everyone. No one thinks that you are what you think you are.

Oh what gift the giftie gie us.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Good, only im not the one moaning every day about having left. now am I ?  :passifier:

Bendy bananas will be back in 'bedroom funbox' only after the end of the transition period. 

Sorry for your inconvenience. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Bendy bananas will be back in 'bedroom funbox' only after the end of the transition period. 

They never were in the first place , they get bruised and go soft and limp way too quick

Edited by sanemax
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Errrmm us Brexiteers here on Thai Visa are not Politicians , we arent the ones leading the Country .

Unless you know something that I dont know .

Is Boris Johnson a poster on Thai Visa ?

Are the UK politicians all posting on Thai Visa ?

I agree, brexiteers here are not leaders, but followers. 

But being a follower for so long, brexiteers must have required their leaders to say out loud practical answers and solutions to the problems the leaders have pointed out.

If brexiteers have not scrutinised their leaders thoughts and solutions, then brexitism is just a cult.

Is brexitism a cult?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheDark said:

But being a follower for so long, brexiteers must have required their leaders to say out loud practical answers and solutions to the problems the leaders have pointed out.

If brexiteers have not scrutinised their leaders thoughts and solutions, then brexitism is just a cult.

Is brexitism a cult?

I have you down as one o'them (& I'm dyslexic!)

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Is brexitism a cult?

You cannot disagree with something that I didnt say 

I didnt say that Brexiteers on here are followers . 

We just talk abvout it here on TV and its not out job to take part in negotiations with the E.U or to lead the Country forward, that is the job of the people that we put into power to do so