UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

I agree. If the EU are unreasonable, then WTO it is ????

Agree with your reply ...only small difference .....meaning if not agree with E.U.'s conditions ...

But the finalization is same .

Same same but different ...as Thai saying ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Boris bluf poker will just not work....that is what brexit U.K. doesnt get ....,like i said before a few miles out of the Dover Cliffs Boris majority stops impressing....????

I wasn't talking about Boris though, was I? Like the EU, you just won't listen.

Cotton buds are on the Kerry Express....yee haa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, david555 said:

12:03

EU publishes its negotiating mandate for trade talks with UK

The EU has just published the final version of its negotiating mandate for the trade talks with the UK. It runs to 46 pages and it is here (pdf).

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/media/42736/st05870-ad01re03-en20.pdf

2020-02-25_200923.png

Hooray!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Nobody in the world? A sweeping but totally false claim.

India's happiness has nothing to do with what I said but I will have a tea break. 

Make sure you drink that Yorkshire tea the Chancellor of the Exchequer is so good at making 

• Like 1

(As by then he knows his game did not work , reality kicking in ….   )????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/27/uk-says-it-will-consider-walking-away-from-brexit-talks-in-june

Rowena Mason Deputy political editor

Thu 27 Feb 2020 10.33 GMT

UK says it will consider walking away from Brexit talks in June

Negotiating mandate reveals Johnson seeks Canada-style deal and ‘regulatory freedom’

Boris Johnson is asking the EU for a Canada-style trade deal but will consider whether to walk away from talks in June and prepare for an “orderly” exit from the transition period.

Setting out its negotiating mandate for EU talks, Downing Street said it wanted “regulatory freedom” from the EU and would not accept any role for the European court of justice (ECJ) in dispute resolution mechanisms.

The government said it hoped to achieve “the broad outline” of an agreement by June with the aim of finalising a deal by September. But it said that if not enough progress has been made by June, then the government would “need to decide whether the UK’s attention should move away from negotiations and focus solely on continuing domestic preparations to exit the transition period in an orderly fashion”.

more...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, david555 said:

(As by then he knows his game did not work , reality kicking in ….   )????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/27/uk-says-it-will-consider-walking-away-from-brexit-talks-in-june

Rowena Mason Deputy political editor

Thu 27 Feb 2020 10.33 GMT

UK says it will consider walking away from Brexit talks in June

Negotiating mandate reveals Johnson seeks Canada-style deal and ‘regulatory freedom’

Boris Johnson is asking the EU for a Canada-style trade deal but will consider whether to walk away from talks in June and prepare for an “orderly” exit from the transition period.

Setting out its negotiating mandate for EU talks, Downing Street said it wanted “regulatory freedom” from the EU and would not accept any role for the European court of justice (ECJ) in dispute resolution mechanisms.

The government said it hoped to achieve “the broad outline” of an agreement by June with the aim of finalising a deal by September. But it said that if not enough progress has been made by June, then the government would “need to decide whether the UK’s attention should move away from negotiations and focus solely on continuing domestic preparations to exit the transition period in an orderly fashion”.

more...

You need to go live and see Gove. I am sure you watch the HoC as you always mention how you find it hilarious.

I imagine you are your EU crew are like secret Cross Dressers only you have all memorabilia of the UK, UJ Boxer shorts, Union Jack Shirt, pictures of HRH and English tea. Spivs away!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Just watched an amazing speech in the HoC. For those non Brits who don't know look it up but it would seem we have non brit fanatics on here.

Gove gave a blistering speech,. The EU members will be soiling their underwear wondering how much more taxes they will have to pay.

The unification brethren posters will be frothing with a bit in their mouth.

The message is clear. The UK will make its own rules own laws and own trade deals. They have been a member of this crappy club (I added that) and are expecting similar deals they (EU) do with the US, Canada, Japan and South Korea. Who are not members

If not then you can kiss the royal glute and we are :partytime2:.

About those E.U. underwears ...make yourself no illusions...????

June ending prepare yourselves ...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Just watched an amazing speech in the HoC. For those non Brits who don't know look it up but it would seem we have non brit fanatics on here.

Gove gave a blistering speech,. The EU members will be soiling their underwear wondering how much more taxes they will have to pay.

The message is clear. The UK will make its own rules own laws and own trade deals. They have been a member of this crappy club (I added that) and are expecting similar deals they (EU) do with the US, Canada, Japan and South Korea. Who are not members

Appreciated. I haven't yet seen it but feedback suggests everyone else has! ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Appreciated. I haven't yet seen it but feedback suggests everyone else has! ????

I saw it also ....and indeed a nice speech ...i believe him and i believe also the E.U.'s speeches .

And so by end June start full preparing as i expected already a long time.

STALEMATE.????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, david555 said:

And so by end June start full preparing as i expected already a long time.

STALEMATE.

You probably don't really understand democracy as your government just ignores referendums and the MPs like to do the EU's bidding.

With an 87 Majority, the Cons could never go back on what is being said. So if the EU don't compromise by June and Michael Gove put is so eloquently that the UK will prepare for a no deal.

In plain English for our EU friends that means, you can go whistle and Foxtrot Oscar.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No change in the E.U. positioning ….

2020-02-27_190651.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

No change in the E.U. positioning ….

2020-02-27_190651.png

That's is great it just shows the EU are on the direction to implode and show the sheer arrogance that they have always had. Great for me WTO. You better get saving for those large contributions and also a good few economies that will be 'bricking it'. The Dutch and Spanish fishing will be decimated.

The fisherman can always sign up for that new EU army that will be needed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

The thing you don't understand we don't give a thing about those 87 majority on E.U. soil , sorry you can not get what you want ….., so fly empty hand to freeeeedooooom !…. ????

Sorry just off to go and watch the Dutch MPs on TV. I will be asleep in 2 mins with all the excitement

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That's is great it just shows the EU are on the direction to implode and show the sheer arrogance that they have always had. Great for me WTO. You better get saving for those large contributions and also a good few economies that will be 'bricking it'. The Dutch and Spanish fishing will be decimated.

The fisherman can always sign up for that new EU army that will be needed.

Start looking for fly around E.U. airspace ,may be needed as the "ping pong" & "tit for tat" begins …..could be in the sky... , just same as the fisheries end for E.U. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Sorry just off to go and watch the Dutch MPs on TV. I will be asleep in 2 mins with all the excitement

oh sorry did not know you are such a softy ????, see the bright side … we both are winning E.U. don't bend , and U.K. no cake and eat it , but total independence ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 7:09 AM, Rookiescot said:

Did we resolve the issue of the cost of Brexit?

Oh only if you believe Johnson and ignore experts.

If unemployment is so low why did Patel say there are 8 million economically inactive people in the UK? Explain who these people are.

Wages are back where they were 12 years ago? Thats a damned disgrace never mind a cause for celebration. 12 years of austerity caused by the Conservatives. Suppose someone had to pay for the rich screwing up but it wasn't going to be the rich was it?

So someone is planning to build a film studio in London. As it stands they will currently be asking how much government grants are we going to get if we build it here rather than say Paris. Even if it does get built its just another benefit to London and the southeast. Does nothing for the rest of the UK.

If  the uk so bad compared to the European union why are there 2 million eu citizens resident in britain?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

If  the uk so bad compared to the European union why are there 2 million eu citizens resident in britain?

And why so many Brits took E.U. nationality lately as before Nigel "Blackadder" Farage  , and why so many British pensioners stay E.U. and why so many  holidaymakers like to be  in that so undemocratic bad E.U.

You are like looking IN mirror isn't it by your remark

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Holidaymakers don't travel to the EU.  The EU is not a country or a place.

You have to recognise the difference. Generally people in the UK love European countries and their people, cultures etc., but loathe the institution of the EU. 

I wager most UK people haven't a clue about the realities of the EU.

• Like 1