UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

So just a troll then? Thanks, he's on ignore.

When a poster puts a fellow poster  on ignore   he knows he has lost the plot,clearly does not like the fact as irish subject he is about to be kicked out of UK,and so he should along with his 3.6 followers   Good one Boris   really  really good

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The problem is that there are "regulations" and "regulations" which quite obviously many fail to understand, including Gove by the look of it.

A large percentage of goods going to the EU are subject to CE marking. Who is responsible for CE regulations, the EU. Who has legal jurisdiction over CE regulations, the ECJ. The 200 or so notified bodies that operated in the UK have been shut down and companies must now obtain certification from within the EU.

So if a company wishes to continue with CE marking and export to the EU under EU regulations and subject to the ECJ, who is going to stop them.

The government approach will not stop exporting under EU regulations, just make it very difficult. Without a zero tariff agreement much of the UK exports will become uncompetitive in the EU.

Manufacturers that think they can replace the lost trade in a deal with the US will be in for quite a shock when they face the certification required to meet the US regulations.

Many of the smaller SME's will struggle to fund the cost of exporting once outside the EU and many will just kick it into touch. What the brexiteers refuse to acknowledge is that the problem is even more acute in Scotland, even 2 of the largest exporters, Seafood/fish farming and Whisky, are under threat from government policy. 

Is it any wonder Scotland would prefer to tread a different path.

When there is a massive deficit with the EU does anything really matter,just stop trading,was it 93 billion or thereabouts?   Just stop trading with EU,the deficit the UK has with them could be spent elsewhere in the world,more bang for the buck as saying goes

With CAP artificially inflating prices for farm produce in eu , spanish farmers now protesting at low values on their produce,olives etc,about to be CAP,good time to be gone

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You have been asked several times for evidence to back your assertions. All you keep doing is repeating your assertions.

Ergo. Your assertions are baseless.

Constantly posting baseless assertions is the behavior of a troll.

Trolls get ignored. 

You have been answered,do not like the answer?   tough,its going to get worse, a lot worse  (for the irish)

7 minutes ago, izod10 said:

What was the question/  if and I think I know  look back at link for 3.6 million   Do I have to repeat        Boris has you on the run   all that needs to be known  lol

No evidence then.

You are a troll.

Blocked.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, izod10 said:

When a poster puts a fellow poster  on ignore   he knows he has lost the plot,clearly does not like the fact as irish subject he is about to be kicked out of UK,and so he should along with his 3.6 followers   Good one Boris   really  really good

Who's the Irish subject, me? No, I'm a Northerner and you're a gob<deleted>e Southerner. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No evidence then.

You are a troll.

Blocked.

Never mind eh  lol

FRANCE'S European Affairs Minister, Amélie de Montchalin, said on Wednesday that France would continue opposing cuts to agricultural subsidies in the bloc's 2021-27 budget, adding its farmers should not have to "pay" for Brexit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I think you are looking at the wrong one, obviously the key measure of the pound is GBP vs USD, not vs THB.

How is that relevant to anyone paid in Sterling & living in LoS?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How is that relevant to anyone payed in Sterling & living in LoS?

Quite correct. Here's a mor relevant comparison. 13th May 2016 GBP/THB = 50.85. Brexit result June 23rd 2016.  8th July 2016 GBP/THB = 45.49. Today 40.78.

There you go, fixed it for you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Quite correct. Here's a mor relevant comparison. 13th May 2016 GBP/THB = 50.85. Brexit result June 23rd 2016.  8th July 2016 GBP/THB = 45.49. Today 40.78.

There you go, fixed it for you.

How did other currencies fare during the same period inc the EU(!)ro?

image.jpeg.e07e0857ed98f4095cf48cde7aa40cdd.jpeg

Edited by evadgib

3 hours ago, izod10 said:

Not so,of course applying on line unlikely to suceed. Should have been done years ago applying for UK citizenship,even going back 40 years has been rejected,now just plain impossible.  Boris wants 3.6 million out and 3.6 million will be getting out,applying right now for permission to stay   Yeah  ,out you go,...no need for a stamp in passport of any permissions to stay,fact there is if  nothing there states everything.

temporary (very temporary) obv will be granted to toilet cleaners ,bar staff whatever  ,hard for knuckleheaded irish tho,but a gift to Boris to get rid of irish tinkers at one fell swoop

I am sure fellow UK citizens are overjoyed at the forthcoming events   God bless Boris  lol

In short no free breakfasts,none  lol

So you want to replace the 3.6 million young working EU citizens in the UK with the 3.6 million UK pensioners who have retired to Europe ? That will help the economy and the NHS won't it ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samran said:

Clueless, much?

UK and Ireland form the common travel area. Due to a host of agreements since the 1920s Irish aren’t considered as foreigners in the U.K. and vice versa.

Post brexit, they will be the only EU nationals who will continue to have unfettered rights to live and work in the U.K.

Duh,  keep up with events.  No unfettered access to UK,only British passports now issued not UK/EU ones  ,hint  clue  OK  access denied, now I know its going to hurt  but out is out  who says?  Boris  lol   not a chance of unfettered access, if "right of stay" is not stamped in EU passport  ,no work/ no accomodation,no nothing   off you go       Clueless  lol  lol

What we are witnessing here is breakup of EU,nothing else,all tearing each other apart,come fishing ,clamping down of EU imports into UK   ,time is up for gang of morons

Edited by izod10

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

How is that relevant to anyone paid in Sterling & living in LoS?

Pound has lost around 20% of its value compared to before the referendum.

So anyone living in Thailand but paid in the UK has had a 20% pay cut because of the colour of passports or something.

That includes many pensioners who were not exactly rolling in wealth to begin with.

• Haha 1