UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, the UK has left the E.U.

We have always known that the UK couldnt sign any trade deals until after we had left . 

I think I already said we had left hence the no veto or influence comment.

We always knew there wouldnt be any trade deals until after we left? You better have a word with your fellow Brexiteers mate. They were claiming we would have hundreds signed, sealed and delivered before we left.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

I think I already said we had left hence the no veto or influence comment.

We always knew there wouldnt be any trade deals until after we left? You better have a word with your fellow Brexiteers mate. They were claiming we would have hundreds signed, sealed and delivered before we left.

Which Brexiteers were saying that ?

I thought thaT IT was common knowledge that EU rules meant that the UK couldn't sign any trade deals until we had left the EU

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, the UK has left the E.U.

We have always known that the UK couldnt sign any trade deals until after we had left . 

The EU still is part of the single market. Free trade rules still apply. All the rules and regulations are still in place. The only thing that is different is that the UK doesn't have a vote. That's why I wrote "virtually". But if you don't agree, tell us what is different apart from the fact that the UK technically isn't a member.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Which Brexiteers were saying that ?

I thought thaT IT was common knowledge that EU rules meant that the UK couldn't sign any trade deals until we had left the EU

Actually having reread my posts I think I worded it poorly.

The UK has left the EU but we are still constrained by the terms under which we left until the end of the year.

I can not explain how you have not read the posts by the more vigorous Brexiteers claiming we would have all these trade deals done before we left the EU. They have gone suspiciously quiet over such matters for about 6 months but prior to that they were championing deals with South Korea for example as being a massive breakthrough. 

I do not include you among the vigorous Brexiteers group by the way.  

6 hours ago, Logosone said:

Lol, so you dismiss an entire study by a team of one of the world's top four accountancy firms because they are deviously self-interested and involved in cover-ups and scandals. Okay, that's a sensible and balanced approach.

And you think you can replace the relocation of clearing of euro-denominated trading from London to the eurozone, with the potential loss of 230,000 jobs in the City by trading the Canadian Dollar? Or perhaps by trading the Ugandan Shilling?

Are you quite serious?

The relocation of clearing of euro-denominated trading from London to the ez won't happen as easily as you think.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The UK has left the EU but we are still constrained by the terms under which we left until the end of the year.

I can not explain how you have not read the posts by the more vigorous Brexiteers claiming we would have all these trade deals done before we left the EU. They have gone suspiciously quiet over such matters for about 6 months but prior to that they were championing deals with South Korea for example as being a massive breakthrough. 

Show us one of these vigorous posts.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

How about victorious then? 

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So who are these companies you think will move to the UK and where are the currently located?

Financial services still have overheads. 

Companies don't need to move to the UK to use financial services in the UK. Again, you're mixing financial services up with manufacturing. 

13 hours ago, JonnyF said:

What price freedom?

You can sell yours for a % of GDP or a trade deal but you're a minority thankfully.

So exactly what extra freedoms do we get for £1.5 billion - other that the freedom to pay more taxes to pay for this ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Isn't the UK still virtually a member of the EU? The only thing different is that it has lost voting rights.

First up,this load of rubbish,...from quoting corporation tax  (which the eu are taxing ireland heavily)  keep it coming    the teechers salary here in Thailand is getting low as Thailand struggles   never mind eh!   not often right....but wrong again    keep it original ..keep the quotes coming in

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Companies don't need to move to the UK to use financial services in the UK. Again, you're mixing financial services up with manufacturing. 

Which companies? And where are they currently located?

Why are they going to move to the UK?

UK are in driving seat over eu breakout. From Denmark to Spain riots will evolve just over fishing,roads in France blockaded,in turn rip the ar.se from eire,no exports whatsover,eu bails out eire with massive amounts,now IRA control eire,UK newspaper campaign to isolate eire exports into UK....eire isolated,..the sacrificial lamb coming forth,just what the eu envisaged

UK applies massive tariffs on any imported eu products   France refusing to take less from eu pot to cover overpriced CAP produced farm products,Baltic eu coutries wanting "level playing field with CAP  sure gets better and better

one million more mainly muslims pour into eu,more toilet cleaners than Germany can handle...it gets better and better.....OA pensions,   Greece pays the highest pension,in turn paid by Germany, it does not come better than this... come on Bristol Boy  lift some more quotes from somewhere ,not one original thought pours fourth    good copy and paste stuff   good teecher  lol

....and and and   just opened email  "News about your ticket"   now this would be eu lottery 58 million,  at this time of day through past experience  bigger wins informed early,small much later, so hopefully  the eu will do me proud  lol     I LOVE THE EU

Edited by izod10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, samran said:

Can you tell us more too about how the Irish will have no residency rights in the UK post brexit? All your other posts are so factual and spot on so your thoughts on this would be most welcome 555!

Boris has already stated a hard border is going to happen,he wants it and it will happen ,no border checks mid Irish sea

Also stated "no right of abode" to other eu citizens, at the mo freedom of movement,but Boris wants an end to that too, want to enter the UK?  visa needed

Now as you see  Boris has been "spot on" with his predictions also and actions 55555555555555555555555  to Boris   Wot says u   LOL

Edited by izod10

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Predicting the future, are we? First off, a trade deal with the USA is no sure thing. In fact, quite the opposite. The Democrats in the house have made it quite clear that if the UK does anything to alter the Good Friday deal, there will be no agreement. And not just that, now Johnson and Trump are on the outs because of Huawei. As for Australia, it's on the other side of the world from UK with lots of dynamic trading partners in Asia. What makes you think that a trade deal with Australia will contribute much to the UK economy apart from cheaper lamb?

More rubbish,but no copy and paste for the moment.   Democrats have not a hope in hell of victory US elections   Good friday out of the window   Boris want early election in ireland for reunification  (and will get it)   half hour after result done and dusted   ireland shut of....All rubbish,go back to copy and paste  lol    'ows the teeching,not so good now   money gone down

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

A bigger window that actual but you can have that. I meant 10% due to Brexit. Other 10% is Baht appreciation since 2016.  

Baht appreciation didn't really take off until mid 2017. Can't really argue with your figures though.

How about 60% Brexit 40% baht? 555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Baht appreciation didn't really take off until mid 2017. Can't really argue with your figures though.

How about 60% Brexit 40% baht? 555

Compared to the amount of dosh I've lost in the last 4 days it doesn't really matter and I don't care anymore. 60% Brexit  ... going once... twice....sold.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Which companies? And where are they currently located?

Why are they going to move to the UK?

As I told you already, companies do not need to move to the UK to use financial services. Investors can simply redirect their investments to UK markets and financial products. 

But if you need an example of a global company having confidence in the City, here you go: 

Goldman Sachs's new £1 billion London headquarters is full of family-friendly features. The Evening Standard can reveal that the US investment bank’s European HQ in the Square Mile has a string of innovations for its 6,000 UK staff

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/revealed-new-1bn-london-hq-of-goldman-sachs-which-boasts-resting-rooms-for-tired-bankers-lactation-a4177836.html