‘10,000 Thai tour guides out of jobs’

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Excellent idea ; we are sorely lacking in labor in the rice fields and sugar cane fields which we are forced to burn before cutting because of this: no workers ...

There are machines available to cut cane.   Watched one in action the other afternoon demolish 20rai of unburnt cane on the neighbours block.  Didn't take long!  4 big truck trailer combos waiting to load....one may have gone prior by the time I arrived. 

7 hours ago, Emdog said:

I am a tad concerned that some of those out of work may choose the option of mugging old expats like me.

This is actually a real concern, or at least should be. Desperation pushes people to do things they normally wouldn't, and this situation if you listen to WHO, isn't going to disappear over night. It's one factor that contributed to me leaving for a period until this is in fact over; safety and security could take a huge nosedive amidst an economical and sociological shutdown

Edited by ExpatLife
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, david555 said:

I normally flight visit home country April /May but not booking as never know how this go evolve , as flight money can be postponed , but my studio booking almost not ….. just suppose  they could  make rule in Europe or U.K. all must go quarantine from China or East Asia …… money spend for nothing .

As in beginning a Sky news Video link with American in China virus city , told U.SA gov. contact expected the top of contagion in April ….. and it looks it is going that way

As of this morning there were a massive 33 cases in Thailand, a country of nearly 70 million. Two people on the entire planet outside of China have died. Get a grip.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As of this morning there were a massive 33 cases in Thailand, a country of nearly 70 million. Two people on the entire planet outside of China have died. Get a grip.

You are right sir, why oh why World Governments are worried ….. ???? 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 7:48 AM, RichardColeman said:

So have the TAT revised the figure down from a 5% rise to a 4.9% rise yet ? 

Wrong way around. 

You see the 4.9% down will be based on the larger numbers expected every year so even if that number drops then in fact it will be a 5% increase and as tourist spending increases per head each year then 6 Billion more will be generated.

• Like 1

Too much reliance on tourism.

Education and diversity is lacking plus racism and a Thai government official telling FARANG to FXXK OFF.

Thankyou Thai for your appreciation towaed Westerners for helping Thai economy over many decades plus the lack of respect. 

17 hours ago, thequietman said:

But ...... if you pay 50000, maybe one doesn't have to actually take the test. All they need to learn anyway is ........

No hab.

Wa you wan.

Solly.

You, you.

You .... pay me now quickly.

You no undstand Thai peeee pole.

Tip, tip.

Not same your country.

Go bak your home.

Why you don love Thailand?     ????

I am not Thai, because it's almost impossible to become a citizen,  but I found your post to be mildly offensive if somewhat humorous at the same time!  Keep up the good work. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Someone posted here earlier, from Sattahip that he was confirmed with Covid 19 and in home isolation. He also stated there were six other cases there.

He suggests they are under-reporting.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:52 AM, Emdog said:

I am a tad concerned that some of those out of work may choose the option of mugging old expats like me.

I agree. With an economy already in deep trouble, more people in the tourist industry out of work, will just make the situation more desperate. Compound that with the fact that members of the government have painted a target on our back, and some people out of work, with no money, bills to pay, and families to feed just might think they got the go ahead to take whatever they want from farangs, no matter what methods need to be used to get it.

• Thanks 1