USA multi entry visa and IO scrutiny

As you guys know, back to back border visas are heavily scrutinized nowadays.

I'm going back to the US after 7 years here. I'll say there about 2-3 months and then come back, possibly with a multi entry visa. I am considering just doing a single entry though (situation below).

My history is about 7 years of continuous living here on ED visas. I go to the border to "break" the ED visa (as my school lady describes it) and then we just repeat the process every year with the ED. Not as many exits/entries show up on the IO's computer since EDs are 1 year each. But of course my overall time here is high.

In this case would you guys take the multi entry to try to get 6 months total out of it, or just get a single entry and use it to get back on an ED visa? (PS: Yes, one can still do EDs, year 1, with a fresh passport. The IO computers do NOT show prior visa types)

I doubt you will be able to get a multiple entry non-ed visa while in the US.

Requirement are here on embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-visa-category-ed/

You could get multiple entry tourist visa while in the states that can allow a total stay of about 6 months.

See: https://thaiembdc.org/tourist-visa-category-tr-multiple-metv/

I am assuming your intention is to return to Thailand with a tourist visa. In your position, I would probably go for a multiple entry. The tourist visa (at the current time) will definitely be fine for entering Thailand through most land crossings. Border runs are so far not a problem by land. You should keep your fingers crossed during the first entry, assuming you enter through Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang.

There have been increasing reports of troubles getting repeat Non Ed visas. I appreciate your point about a clean passport. However, the consulates that were considered best for Non Ed visa applications have apparently been refusing applications sponsored by many of the big language schools. I hope your luck holds.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

How the hell did you manage to stay here for 7 years on ED visas, especially since they cracked down on these something like 5 or 6 years ago? I'm surprised this was even possible!

He could of been studying a university or some other formal school and got one year extensions of stay.

Only informal schools such as language schools were tightened up in August of 2014 when a new police order was issued.