Horrifying images show screaming pig moments before being clubbed to death in Thai slaughterhouse

webfact

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The sight of Barley being harvested was a particularly harrowing experience...  I had to go and hug a tree just to get over myself. 

The same still applies though - there is no need for this level of barbarity, animals can be slaughtered more humanely. 

But their flesh is juicer if it has died in pain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bwana McArthur has a point. She has revealed a cruel and a detestable way to carry on things. But her self righteous posing won't help. Stanley, Livingstone, Speke, Baker, and even Burton opposed slavery but realized they had to make some accommodations, at least at the beginning, with the Arab slave traders to advance towards their final goal. People used to know how to work to achieve moral aims. Now they just use it as an issue to pound the heads of their adversaries.

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

all your examples are of animals without concept of consciousness or conscience.

Then please explain - if animals are not sentient beings - how an elephant can remember decades later someone - human - who harmed it ? Or did it good ?

• Like 1

"What we need are more humane killers" line that stuck with me over the years from film "How I Won the War".

Shall we also discuss kosher and halal methods of killing animals? Didn't Denmark ban that a few years ago?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creasy said:

How hard would it be to put the animal down humanely ?

3rd world barbarians clubbing it to death

Suggest you go watch a few You Tube videos of how animals are treated and slaughtered in UK or American / 1st work countries.  Not than different really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

It's a pig, it's gonna end up in your stomach.

What's the problem?

Where do you think that nice sealed piece of tenderloin you see in the supermarket comes from?

I'm a big fan of displaying the slaughter of the animal on full display behind a glass wall just behind the meat section of the supermarket.

See how many people buy a piece of meat then?

I would, I understand things must die for me to eat them. 

There is a more humane manner in which it could happen, and I would prefer that, but its not going to stop me.

That said I predominately eat chicken, but the horror there is more how it is raised than how it is brought to market, ie slaughtered.