Cancelled WP

Urgent help please

Hello I’m from the UK just resigned from a company They cancelled my WP but not the visa which expires May. Do I have to report this to immigration am I legal ? Can I still remain in thailand until visa expires

assistance appreciated 

Edited by ShaunHull
Spelling

Did you receive the visa recently from an embassy or consulate abroad? Or did you get an extension of stay based on employment from an immigration office inside Thailand? In the first case you can stay until the permission of stay stamp in your passport. In the latter case your extension is no longer valid and you need to leave the country immediately. You can apply for an extension, which will be denied, and you’ll be given a 7 days extension instead. 

My visa and work permit are done at the same time in Thailand. May 2019. My WP cancelled 13th But but HR told me I can stay until visa expires in May? I’m getting conflicting messages that if WP cancelled I have to leave country??? But my visa still ok until May

Check what it says in your passport. If you have a large stamp which mentions the words “extension of stay is permitted until”, then you don’t have a visa but an extension of stay tied to your work permit. When your work ends, your permit to stay ends. Get a 7 day extension and then you must leave.

You can risk staying in Thailand on your current invalid extension of stay and leave in May. But there is a chance immigration at the border will want to see your work permit or a dated letter when your employment ended, so I wouldn’t risk it. 

Usually if the visa is given based on the work permit it has about 7 days validity after the work permit is cancelled.

I ran into this issue before, they cancelled it but only told me a week later so I went to check and they 'the BOI' cancelled it on the spot i.e leave the country that same day, luckily I had another visa related to perm residence application that I had to rush across town to Chang Wattana to get reactivated the same day. 

8 hours ago, ShaunHull said:

Hello I’m from the UK just resigned from a company They cancelled my WP but not the visa which expires May. Do I have to report this to immigration am I legal ? Can I still remain in thailand until visa expires

The company cannot cancel your work permit but they can inform the Department of Employment (DoE) that your employment has ended and on what date.

It is not clear what you mean with "visa" and I do not wish to speculate on it. I suggest that you go to your local immigration office first thing in the morning and ask them about your situation.