TM28: Thai immigration scraps requirement for foreigners to report when they stay away from home for 24 hours

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

However, foreigners need to be aware that they are still required to inform immigration if they change address permanently. [This is covered in form TM27].

This is not what the law / order says.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The previous requirement stated that foreigners who had stayed in another province for more than 24 hours were required to inform their local immigration office when they returned.

The previous requirement never stated this.

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thanatorn will not give up. He will win in the future. Sure

He is to smart, the other guy, to stupid.

Yeah, but Thanathorn cannot fight the submarines. Joke!. But all the same, unfortunately Thanathorn is going to have a long hard impossible struggle, but the real thing is the old generation Hi so elite and military need to lay over and bow out. Times are changing and there is no place for these stupid archaic dinosaurs controlling young Thai and the new generation anymore. I speak for my children and their children. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

When I asked Sakon Nakhon Immigration  the question, the chief replied:
drop the snow, it makes no noise ...
Clearly, he told me, don't worry, we at Sakon Nakhon, we don't care ...

That's really interesting, I was there last month and asked the question as I was doing my marriage extension, i.e. I asked, with regard to the TM30 am I still required to report online when I return from being out of my province for more than 24 hours, and his reply was YES, Sakon Nakhon office.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm. You know 99.95% thai people not know about this form right? 

Not care about this form. Never talk about this form. 

You need adjust your reality distortion zone. 

You imagine thai people care about this. Do people in your country know about immigration forms? 

99.99%

• Haha 1

JackDD is same guy who was complaining when the petition was done.

And TM 28 was included in our petition.

"Furthermore, the TM28 form (notification of temporary change of address) is ineffective as most police stations do not know what it is and often won’t accept it, even though Section 37 (4) of the Immigration Act plainly says it can be submitted to a local police station."

See www.reform-thai-immigration.com

The site is not secure SSL but no problem, should disappear soon.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

good question, you could argue that's pointless too if your permanent residence in Thailand remains the same

Funny thing is before this TM30 thing came about last year, my wife got pulled up by the immigration officer about me having exited the country and not reporting to immigration when I got back to my province, i.e. when I applied for a re-entry permit at Swampy, it was given to me with no words uttered, so I had no idea that I had to report to immigration when I got back.

The immigration officer picked up the re-entry stamp in my passport when he was doing my marriage extension a couple of months later, he said, please, whenever you leave the country and come back to your province, you must come and see us within 24-48 hours at the very latest, only because you live further than most, we can be a little lenient, I said, but immigration where I entered Thailand have entered me into the system when I came in, yes, he said yes, but we are not linked, really I said, yes he said, raising his eyebrows as if to show he was embarrassed, the next re-entry permit I got from them instead of Swampy and he said to me, don't forget to come and see us within 24-48 hours when you get back to your province to let us know your back, and if you enter in a different province and are staying there for a week, e.g. Phuket, you can go to the local police and get a letter from them to give to us that you reported to them, they will know what to give you.

When I did arrive at Phuket, I just let it slide, as I had registered for the TM30 and my wife completed it online as we were staying at a hotel.

The above said, I just do what these guys tell me, no point in rocking the boat, they are pleasant and provide the information without me asking, as for the immigration officer at swampy, he probably didn't give a rats a$$. 

I go back at the end of the month to get my stamp for the marriage extension and will ask again, now that it appears to be changing again, so frigen confusing oi.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

so how do we get a slip of paper in passport we don.t fill in a TM28 or get a TM30 slip from landlord who live in tim buk too ?????

If the landlord is living in Timbuktu this probably means that you are renting the place. This makes you the possessor and in your function as possessor of the property you have to inform immigration police about foreigners staying there, using form TM30. So you report yourself with a TM30, that's what you have to do according to the law, and then you have the receipt.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If the landlord is living in Timbuktu this probably means that you are renting the place. This makes you the possessor and in your function as possessor of the property you have to inform immigration police about foreigners staying there, using form TM30. So you report yourself with a TM30, that's what you have to do according to the law, and then you have the receipt.

great very clear .. i should have google a possessor    lol

2 hours ago, tropo said:

That could be it. I was Jomtien Immigration last week after the holiday and there were thousands visiting and apart from a few tourists, the only people wearing masks were the staff. Ironically, the "idiot who shall not be named" at the front counter asked me where my wife was when I told him I'm reporting for both of us. No staff member has ever asked me that before and I've been reporting for both of us for 10 years. I suppose he figured there weren't enough people in there already, but the place was more packed than I've ever seen it before. I put on my mask LOL.

You should have said she was in self isolation as a patient under investigation for COVID19. ????

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was there last month and asked the question as I was doing my marriage

I think we don't have the same relationship, you and I with immigration officers in Sakon.
They call me by my first name; I cycle  with one of them who lives in Udon Thani, that's why he is not there every day ... and they know that my oldest daughter is (almost) married to a river police captain ..
All this creates links.
I will occasionally go  to the northern provinces for cycling 
I went to Prachuap Khiri Khan 3 or 4 months ago.
I have never signaled my return to the Sakon IO

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The article has nothing to do with TM30

well sorry but it seems it does .. as if you don't now do a tm28 you will have to do a tm30 .. or someone will . to get a date stamped slip of paper with your address on it  in your passport ... 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

well sorry but it seems it does .. as if you don't now do a tm28 you will have to do a tm30 .. or someone will . to get a date stamped slip of paper with your address on it  in your passport ... 

Just do it once surely......

How would immigration ever know unless you told them? I've been living in Thailand for over 10 years, and I have traveled to every providence in Thailand many times, and never once did I ever think of reporting to immigration about having traveled outside of Chonburi... And never will!!! #MAGA2020

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Georgie65 said:

How would immigration ever know unless you told them? I've been living in Thailand for over 10 years, and I have traveled to every providence in Thailand many times, and never once did I ever think of reporting to immigration about having traveled outside of Chonburi... And never will!!! #MAGA2020

The hotel you stay in reports you to immigration.

• Like 1