Video: Chinese tourist gets his holiday money back within two hours after leaving it in a taxi

webfact

Video: Chinese tourist gets his holiday money back within two hours after leaving it in a taxi

3pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media praised the swift actions of the authorities at Suvarnabhumi airport after a Chinese tourist lost his wallet containing 80,000 baht in various currency and other documents.

Chern, 39, had left in pink taxi number 7942 that he and a friend boarded on the fourth floor (outside departures) at the airport for a trip downtown to a hotel in Sukhumvit Road.

When Chern realised his brand name wallet was missing he contacted the police at the airport.

They studied CCTV and managed to locate the driver all within 2 hours.

3pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Deputy airport chief Kittipong Kittikhajorn said it was all part of his airport's impressive service. He said that almost 100% of such cases are cleared up.

Chern said it was his holiday money and cash to buy a return ticket.

He gave a 'wai' for the cameras and said thanks in Chinese after a conversation with an official in his native tongue.

No mention was made in the 77kaoded story of the taxi driver on this occasion though they praised the authorities for their swift resolution of the matter.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-25

7 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Right on cue????

The good old honest cabbie story to warm the hearts of the proles 

I wonder just how honest he was - certainly was after they identified his taxi number. 

how long did that take? Did the T. driver voluntarily hand it in - or was he coerced some while after the event?

But I'm willing to be proved distrustful...…….

Taxi driver wouldn't have gone nearer than a barge pole from Chinese held cash. Never know where the Chines had come from?

Karma could have been deadly...

taximan's lucky to have not been any the wiser it was there... 

hope the next subsequent passenger in that Taxi seat,  gets Checked out! ???? 

I am constantly amazed about the number of people who allegedly alight from taxis leaving their wallet/purse/bag behind stuffed full of cash and other valuables. So when they get into the taxi, the first thing they do is to take out their wallet /purse/bag and put it on the floor or the seat and then conveniently forget about it?

Am I being cynical or what?

• Haha 1