Lost visa application receipt

I’m in Penang and submitted my paperwork yesterday.  I lost my receipt to pick up the passport today so can I just bring my Thai drivers license or do I need to get a police report first?  I am trying to avoid getting denied entry to pickup my passport as I plan to leave tomorrow. Thanks all.

I think they would let you in to pickup your passport. I sure lost receipts are a common occurrence.

I don't they would want an ID to do it. Just your name and nationality so they can find your passport and look at your photo page to verify it is you.

• Like 1

I do not know the policy in Penang, but I know in Hong Kong they absolutely insist on a police report (fortunately easily done) in this situation. Their reasons for insisting on the police report are nonsensical, but they are firm about it.

next time, take a picture ? unless you lose both

the Malaysian guard, you know, the one that denies woman with uncovered shoulders access and like to shout at tourist guys in wife beater shirt and shorts to go get a pants, might stop you... if police station is nearby, they speak ENGLISH