Western expats and tourists a drop in the bucket

metempsychotic

45 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Of course. The Chinese who are applying for special, additional extensions to avoid the virus back home have to visit immigration more often and spend more time there. There will be a disproportionate number of them there for at least the next few months, while most westerners will opt to return home rather than extend and risk getting trapped by canceled flights in March and April. This whole week is going to be a humiliating international rebuttal of Thailand's claim that it has magically few infections.

Certainly a factor, but not the only factor.

There is certainly a change, reason it seems empty in western bars/restaurants etc but busy at immigration. In CM immigration it is mostly asians now when I go there. 
But I guess expats and tourists in general aren't that significant, Let's say tourism is down 50% it is still 'only' around 6.5% of their GDP. For expats it must be far far less.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

Young folks arent as keen on banging poor women for money as they once were. They just dont get the appeal. You cant share it on insta or tik tok

Kids Today!!!!  whattaya gonna do???.......the internet will be the cause of LOS demise....and the Army....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Tell that to the "young folks" in the "Arab Quarter" of Pattaya:

"In Kuwait, we cannot even look at a woman," he said.

"In Thailand, nobody cares what you do."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-15/thai-sex-trade-propped-up-by-sexually-repressed-tourists/7413762

You can add Turks and Bulgars as well.

They're all mad for it.

Talking about western tourist here mate, try keep up.

I was at CW a week ago and had exactly the same experience as Op.

Some more observations:

90-95% of people there were wearing a mask (my picture was taken wearing a mask). ALL Asians were wearing a mask.

I have never seen so many beautiful and sexy Chinese girls (I lived there for 10 years). Trophy girls. Now who can afford trophy girls?

They have invented 7 or 8 new forms to fill out. Mostly in Thai, but nothing important.  IO pulled them out of a drawer, told me to just write my name in the field on top and sign at the bottom... she obviously found it more a waste of time than I did. 

Blue a/c bus 51 runs from Immi to BTS Kasetsart.

Edited by uhuh
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, donnacha said:

Only if you are part of the elite who own hotels.

Or the thousands workers.

The farangs that you Thais now so despise were pouring their life savings directly into the poorest areas of Thailand decades before the Russians, Indians, and Chinese were a viable market. They brought billions of dollars into Thailand at a time when that foreign currency was desperately needed to develop the country. It may not be nice to think about now, but their presence over more than half a century was a vital step towards the affluence you enjoy today.

I not despise farang. 

The poor benefit more from Japan factory job = productivity. Than buy a house for a sex worker. 

• Like 1

Of course, neither you nor any Thai will ever admit that a mistake has been made. You will convince yourselves that the nasty farang have been taking advantage of wonderful Thailand, and embarrassing everyone by rudely complaining about corruption, or democracy, or virus statistics, or air pollution, or other impolite matters that reveal how lacking in Thainess we are. Good riddance to us, the Chinese will take far better care of the Thai people.

Of course I will admit if I mistake.

”nasty farang”? You read to much TVF.

Oh, “Thainess” again. You live here? You choice.

The OP talk about some guys overestimate important how much. What you think? 

• Like 2