Thai Visa Songran Meeting Spot

Ulysses G.

Anyone have any ideas of an official place for TVers to meet up and play during Songran?

I thought of Mad Dog, but I noticed that last year a lot of the traffic had been blocked off from that area.

John's Place/Cozy Corner is right smack in the middle of everything and you can drink there or escape inside the Laughing Leprechan compound for a snack/ meal/ alchoholic beverage or just to dry off from the goings on outside.

Any preferences before it is too late to plan?

Well I made it on the Saturday as planned and it was great to catch up with some of the guys from TV. Had a good day and all safe, clean fun.

I was surprised that the number of people around the moat area and indeed all around CM was much lower. The previous years it took hours for the pickup trucks to do a circuit as they crawled around but this year they seemed to cruise at a good walking pace the whole way. Not sure of the reason for this but in many ways it made the festival more fun because of the fewer farung morons.

Only offputting thing was on the way home on the bike doing about 70kph on the highway - a group of Thai lad hit me with a five gallon bucket of water as they drove in the opposite direction. It was dark (about 9:30pm) and dangerous. Being hit with water at about 140km (combined speed) is not funny.

CB

Only offputting thing was on the way home on the bike doing about 70kph on the highway - a group of Thai lad hit me with a five gallon bucket of water as they drove in the opposite direction. It was dark (about 9:30pm) and dangerous. Being hit with water at about 140km (combined speed) is not funny.

CB

Sounds like there were a few Thai "morons" out as well Farang ones! :o