Thailand records first coronavirus death - health official

webfact

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Hmm, should I believe a professor from Chula that stated no underlying condition (the matichon link) or MoPH .. well I think I'll trust the prof.

We can Only go by what is posted and it says he also had dengue . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

All data on the site and in the text of their latest release refers to investigations of suspected COVID sufferers, and has done so since at least No 11 release.

The address has apparently not changed since the virus first appeared and was unidentified and unnamed, thus it was referred to by what it did.......gave you viral pneumonia.

At this address the document is titled "Coronavirus Disease 2019 Situation":

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no56-280263.pdf

"On 28 February 2020 at 18.00, Thailand announced 361 additional people met the criteria for patients under investigation, raising the total to 2,798 PUIs as shown in Table 1."

How do you find the above report from the https://ddc.moph.go.th site?

I tried V, P and C under disease, but no Viralpneumonia. 

*Removed post edited out*

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no56-280263.pdf

"On 28 February 2020 at 18.00, Thailand announced 361 additional people met the criteria for patients under investigation, raising the total to 2,798 PUIs as shown in Table 1."

This graph is more telling than one death. The rapid rise in PUI with very little rise in cases confirms their game plan. The rapid rise in PUI at this time of year can only be from nCoV2019.  Note 1200+ cases have recovered but were never confirmed. So they are simply treating patients as if they had nCoV2019, letting them recover and go home without recorded testing.

Yesterday they announced 6 major BKK hospitals were now testing but demanded all hospitals report results to the ministry within 3 hrs.  I now read that to mean all hospitals must report within 3 hrs only to the ministry.

Thai style, almost same same as testing everyone. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

What's more likely to kill you? Denge? I've heard it's absolutely hell if you get it. 

Just had it last month and I can confirm it’s worse than hell. Docs mentioned a lot of people commit suicide, if not at initial stage , at later stage when itch comes on. Turns you into flea infested dog that can not stop scratching , meaning no sleep for 2-3 days 

2 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Source ?

China ?

Wake me up when you have real and serious data.

And preferably in... one year... when we will have complete data and when it's possible to calculate a proper "Case Fatality Rate".

Because right now, you know jack sxxx.

You just repeat what you read in the medias and "data" coming from China, like an uneducated parrot.

It's annoying when people post useless graph without source but the numbers match this article: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/02/study-72000-covid-19-patients-finds-23-death-rate

8 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Source ?

China ?

Wake me up when you have real and serious data.

And preferably in... one year... when we will have complete data and when it will be possible to calculate a proper "Case Fatality Rate".

Because right now, you know jack sxxx.

You just repeat what you read in the medias and "data" coming from China, like an uneducated parrot.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Great. I am impressed.

A website that compiles... data coming from China.

Don't you have better ?

Do you trust communist chinese infos ?

If you do, you are just insane.

Let me rephrase that for you.

According to chinese data.... there are precisely and officially 337 infected people.... In Shanghai.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

Shanghai ? It rings a bell ?

The small megalopolis of... 24 millions people... just 800 kilometers from Wuhan.

????

Yeah ? you got it on the map ?

So open another beer, and please, just vanish...

Because you are simply pointless.

Edited by christophe75
  • Thanks 1

99% of those reading this can take out their passport, look down, and realize it DOESN'T say Thailand.  

All of us can go back home for 6-12 months and come back when this thing is under control. 

but we like 20 baht soup and chinese crowds....

I wonder if the expats in China are the same as we are.....555

7 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

99% of those reading this can take out their passport, look down, and realize it DOESN'T say Thailand.  

Yes.

Speaking of it : "new cases in France The Louvre has been closed."

Too bad. 

The biggest museum in the world.

10,2 millions visitors per year.

This morning... its doors remain closed.

Stupid french people ! ???? And I know... I am one. ????

https://www.lefigaro.fr/arts-expositions/coronavirus-le-louvre-ferme-dimanche-matin-20200301

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Covid-19 claims first life in Thailand

By The Nation

800_c34b40fa9ac8df5.jpg?v=1583053805

A 35-year-old Thai man, who worked as a salesman and had been infected with Covid-19, died on Saturday (February 29) at 6.25pm, the director of communicable diseases, Dr Sopon Iamsirithawon, said on Sunday (March 1).

The patient, who had a history of contact with Chinese customers, had no underlying disease and was receiving standard treatment at Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute (BIDI) and stayed on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).

S__68345888.jpg

The patient was given favipiravir, an experimental antiviral treatment, and white blood cell serum from a patient who had recovered. The virus had completely gone since February 16, but his lungs suffered a lot of damage. The patient passed away peacefully after fighting the illness for one month, the director said.

“This is an important example of how the disease can spread in people without symptoms or with small symptoms, and can become a crisis even without underlying diseases,” said Thiravat Hemachudha, the Head of the Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases Health Science Centre.

The patient had admitted himself in a private hospital and was diagnosed with dengue fever on January 27. He later tested positive for Covid-19 and was transferred to BIDI on February 5.

The nurse who took care of the patient on the first day also developed severe pneumonia on both sides of the lung but, fortunately, she received medication in time and returned home after recovery. However, it has damaged her lungs.

Meanwhile, two patients -- both Chinese -- are reported to have recovered from Covid-19 and were ready to return home.

Thailand now has 42 confirmed cases: 30 have returned home after recover, 11 are under medical care, and one person has died.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383108

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-02

First COVID-19 related death in Thailand

COVID19TH.jpg

A medical panel, from Thailand’s National Infectious Committee, will determine the exact cause of the death of a COVID-19 patient, who contracted dengue fever prior to becoming infected with the coronavirus.

Disease Control Department director-general Dr. Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai said today the victim, a 35-year old Thai man, one of two severe COVID-19 cases in Thailand, had been cleared of the COVID-19 virus on February 16th, following one month of treatment in hospital, but subsequently died of lung and heart failure.

Since the patient caught dengue fever before he was treated for the COVID-19 infection, he said that it was not yet clear which infection had contributed the most to the patient’s death, so the medical panel will investigate the exact cause of the death, he added.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-covid-19-related-death-in-thailand/

thaipbs.jpg

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

A medical panel, from Thailand’s National Infectious Committee, will determine the exact cause of the death of a COVID-19 patient, who contracted dengue fever prior to becoming infected with the coronavirus.

Medical panel? I always thought it was the job of a pathologist.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

What's more likely to kill you? Denge? I've heard it's absolutely hell if you get it. 

It's not funny I got it last year certainly knocks the wind out of your sails 

13 hours ago, christophe75 said:

The article on Nation gives more details and the timeline.

They have tried everything on him : the new antiviral drug (China), Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation, and even serum from patient who recovered.

They said that the virus was gone by february 16 (?)... But damages done were already too severe.

Full scale care, staff and equipment, and even some special drugs... But the guy didn't make it.

It easy to imagine the outcome... if the healthcare system can not handle anymore and can not answer with such force (China, Iran...).

The people who think they are smart by repeating like parrot some inane "mortality rate" figures... should rethink, twice.

unfortunately the vaccine to treat COVI-19 is not likely to ready till the end of this year. meanwhile it treatment by trial and error.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Medical panel? I always thought it was the job of a pathologist.

In their effort to help I'm wondering if the doctors didn't contribute to his demise with all their experimenting to be the one to win the face race?

• Like 1

I take comfort in the fact that at least this death was reported. Perhaps too many medical staff knew the real details and it wasn't worth the risk of a cover up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bannork said:

I think it was misdiagnosed as dengue fever the first day which led to the nurse getting the Corona virus. The nurse eventually recovered though lung tissue was damaged.

Watch the Junta spin doctors change this to a Dengue fever fatality that may have been pushed by coronavirus.

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Prayut telling porkies - our esteemed leader? How could you even suggest such a thing?

Now don't forget, our esteemed leader also said the high-speed railway will be up and running by 2021. I can hardly wait.

source: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1016957-construction-bids-for-high-speed-train-project-in-coordination-with-china-to-be-completed-in-2018/

OK, be fair, that's only Bangkok to Nakhon Ratchasima, the remainder to Nong Khai will be another couple of years after that.

Do you know where I need to queue for advance tickets - the last I heard there was talk of 500 Baht for the price.

I'm sure it will be a wise investment - not sure for who though.

the Indians and the Chinese of course.  most Thai's will take buffalo cart

18 hours ago, bannork said:

I think it was misdiagnosed as dengue fever the first day which led to the nurse getting the Corona virus. The nurse eventually recovered though lung tissue was damaged.

...without any evidence to date with the study of the CoViD19 outbreak....let's hope that biting anthropods are not vectors.

19 hours ago, Seismic said:

Currently the death rate without any preexisting conditions is 0.9%, the death rate for ages 10-39 is 0.2%, the death rate for males is significantly higher than females (2.8% vs 1.7%). On children under the age of 10 have died.

he had dengue fever , this virus seems to team up with another disease like dengue fever in this case other diseases in other cases , 30 have recovered after being treated so there must be a cure for it 

12 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Great. I am impressed.

A website that compiles... data coming from China.

Don't you have better ?

Do you trust communist chinese infos ?

If you do, you are just insane.

Let me rephrase that for you.

According to chinese data.... there are precisely and officially 337 infected people.... In Shanghai.

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/

Shanghai ? It rings a bell ?

The small megalopolis of... 24 millions people... just 800 kilometers from Wuhan.

????

Yeah ? you got it on the map ?

So open another beer, and please, just vanish...

Because you are simply pointless.

You may want to check who the original poster was that posted the graph as I was just giving you a link where it could be found but since you decided to ask me to vanish let me just point out that if you go to the main page https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ it also gives an aggregated count of latest cases, deaths, new deaths and recovered. Their sources are linked and it is in my opinion one of the most reliable Covid trackers out there. Do I trust info coming from China? No but thats another debate. Their sources are not China only but all world data.

Hint* all aggregated new case websites have lag due to different time zones and will give slightly different numbers including https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/ which I also use and have an alert set up for updates.

P.S. No I'll take a pass on the beer thanks..............

14 hours ago, rabas said:

*Removed post edited out*

This graph is more telling than one death. The rapid rise in PUI with very little rise in cases confirms their game plan. The rapid rise in PUI at this time of year can only be from nCoV2019.  Note 1200+ cases have recovered but were never confirmed. So they are simply treating patients as if they had nCoV2019, letting them recover and go home without recorded testing.

Yesterday they announced 6 major BKK hospitals were now testing but demanded all hospitals report results to the ministry within 3 hrs.  I now read that to mean all hospitals must report within 3 hrs only to the ministry.

Thai style, almost same same as testing everyone. 

There was a graph of Viralpneumonia cases in Thailand in this thread earlier. 

Any update and/or a link to the graph?