Thailand cancels Buri Ram MotoGP amid Covid-19 threat

webfact

3 hours ago, dsj said:

That list is just for all the schools, Thai and International schools, as my child got a similar letter from her school. For everyone else it's life as normal.

Which I find strange. The education ministry issues these lists but they seem a drop in the ocean without support from health and tourism ministries.

for example, our family goes on holiday to Singapore and returns home. My wife and I are parents and we have a 12 year old child. All are asked to self quarantine. Our 23 year old daughter is not a parent, or a child, or a teacher. She is not subject to any quarantine request, but is just as much of a health risk. 

the instruction from the education ministry also seems explicit about parents, teachers and children. What about cleaners, security guards and other sundry workers? Again, they slip through the net.

schools may well take their own precautions, but the governments measures, taken as a whole, are not fit for purpose.

20 hours ago, taninthai said:

Why hasn’t he got his mask on in picture.

Please post a picture actually showing him wearing a mask, (properly) since this virus began.

The closest I've seen is one dangling below his chin!

Should he be kicked out of Thailand?

Answers on a postcard, please......

On second thoughts, don't bother - I only have about 30 years left in my life - don't have time to read them all!

• Haha 1

Not for this reason, but Anutin needs to be replaced yesterday, with someone that has decades of experience in the health field. He is ignorant beyond one's furthest reaches of the imagination, on so many levels. Which makes him dangerous, at this point in time. Very dangerous. 

5 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

These events a huge money spinners, cancelled! 

In Australia Chinese students are allowed in.  Thailand, Chinese are welcome. I'm aware the Chinese are not the only ones that are potentially infectious but to allow commercial interests over public health concerns is troubling.

Now, now, tell the whole truth about Chinese students being allowed into Australia instead spinning it into a veiled rascist story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tops said:

My Dutch friend....

August 29, 2019: Calendar MotoGP 2020 was announced.

August 29, 2019: Trip to Thailand planned from March 17, 2020 - March 25, 2020. Airplane tickets booked and paid, hotel reservations booked and paid on August 29, 2019. 

Airfares: DUS-MUC-BKK & BKK-MUC-DUS: € 989.-

Hotel Bangkok: March 18 - 20: € 150.-

Hotel Buriram: March 20 - 23: € 780.-

Hotel Bangkok: March 23 - 25: € 225.-

Extras: MotoGP VIP Village tickets 2 days: € 1,259.-

Total: € 3,403.-

Total spend for MotoGP Thailand 2019: 5,000.-

Budget for MotoGP Thailand 2020: 5,000.- 

No refund on airfares and hotels. MotoGP VIP Village tickets remain valid for GP of Thailand 2020, no refund. Biggest winners are: Airliners as they can sell the tickets again. Hotels in Bangkok as they can rent out the rooms again and not have to serve European breakfast. Buriram Hotel, just got the money in their pockets and don't have to do $#!T

Your friend can still come and have a holiday. As the gp tickets are still valid he can see the race on a different date or sell the tickets if he chooses to.

Can't blame Thailand for his dilemma. Not the airlines problem if the dates are non refundable if he chooses to cancel.

Edited by emptypockets

22 hours ago, sherwood said:

The truth is that Dorna has cancelled the Thailand MotoGP not the Thai Government.

This fella is in face saving mode, as usual.

Not true. Dorna postpones the event BECAUSE Thai authorities cancel the event due to the corona virus. 

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/03/02/dorna-confirms-postponement-of-thailand-motogp/

"this fella is in saving mode". lol, what a dumb remark, "this fella" is just a Thai official making difficult decisions, like many officials worldwide. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Not for this reason, but Anutin needs to be replaced yesterday, with someone that has decades of experience in the health field. He is ignorant beyond one's furthest reaches of the imagination, on so many levels. Which makes him dangerous, at this point in time. Very dangerous. 

VERY DANGEROUS! I AM SHAKING IN MY BOOTS NOW! 

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh dear...not this old chestnut again.

Very few government ministers, in any country, are subject matter experts in their portfolio. They are the figurehead supported by , hopefully, a very experienced and qualified team of usually permanent public service employees. The minister sets the policy levers, expert knowledge holders implement the policy (in an ideal world!)

For someone who is very vocal on government matters it is very surprising of your lack of knowledge of the mechanics of it.

1 minute ago, emptypockets said:

Oh dear...not this old chestnut again.

Very few government ministers, in any country, are subject matter experts in their portfolio. They are the figurehead supported by , hopefully, a very experienced and qualified team of usually permanent public service employees. The minister sets the policy levers, expert knowledge holders implement the policy (in an ideal world!)

For someone who is very vocal on government matters it is very surprising of your lack of knowledge of the mechanics of it.

Then the bloke needs different advisers eh...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Now, now, tell the whole truth about Chinese students being allowed into Australia instead spinning it into a veiled rascist story.

Not a racist story, a story of government caving in to commercial interests.

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:
23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So why is it not mentioned on it's website?  They're still advertising tickets being available also.

Thai organisers take a while to catch up? News breaks fast and it takes time to update websites?

As a matter of interest, how are you explaining away Pattaya’s announcement of a “safe zone” created by spraying a bunch of poisons in a few streets? Is THAT the Thai government taking covid prevention to a new level?

Thai organisers take a while to catch up? News breaks fast and it takes time to update websites?

I'm not talking about Thai government websites, I'm referring to the website of the organisation that runs MotoGP.  Your talking about who takes time to catch up is a bit rich!

"As a matter of interest, how are you explaining away Pattaya’s announcement of a “safe zone” created by spraying a bunch of poisons in a few streets? Is THAT the Thai government taking covid prevention to a new level?"

As a matter of interest, I'm wasn't, why are you suggesting that I was when I haven't mentioned that at all? 

As another matter of interest, why are you asserting that authorities are spraying parts of Pattaya with poisons?

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:
23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The Nation has to take the blame for that, that's where the information came from.

I sometimes forget that it's always someone else's fault ...

Don't forget also that some people are always unable to correctly attribute responsibility for media reports or information.

So far, Thailand have 42 infected cases with one death. 

My wife went to Isaan because her daughter has just given birth to a little girl. I did not go with her because we have 3 cats, and the Thai person who could take care of them, unfortunately, is not here for the moment, no problem said I you can go alone your daughter will be happy. My wife called me, she doesn't feel well she coughs a lot, so she consulted a doctor in the hospital where her daughter was, they found her a fever of 39 degrees which she never had. No verification of any kind four tablets of Sara (paracetamol) and go home and have a rest! I am not saying that she has Coronavirus, but what use is it to take the temperatures of tens of thousands of people, if when someone has a fever of 39 degrees a hospital does not take any account of it? 
So, as far as I'm concerned the 42 cases (only) declared in Thailand I do not believe it one second!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

So far, Thailand have 42 infected cases with one death. 

My wife went to Isaan because her daughter has just given birth to a little girl. I did not go with her because we have 3 cats, and the Thai person who could take care of them, unfortunately, is not here for the moment, no problem said I you can go alone your daughter will be happy. My wife called me, she doesn't feel well she coughs a lot, so she consulted a doctor in the hospital where her daughter was, they found her a fever of 39 degrees which she never had. No verification of any kind four tablets of Sara (paracetamol) and go home and have a rest! I am not saying that she has Coronavirus, but what use is it to take the temperatures of tens of thousands of people, if when someone has a fever of 39 degrees a hospital does not take any account of it? 
So, as far as I'm concerned the 42 cases (only) declared in Thailand I do not believe it one second!

very few people around the world believe the numbers from these gangster regimes, the CCP China numbers are just a sick joke, every time I read 2k dead and 80k infected in total from China, I just times it by 50 or even 100 times, they don’t care for human rights, just greed and control, scam all the numbers in their favor, hope no one notices until the problem goes away,

it’s because CCP China lied to the world and covered up in November/December that the world is in this mess, now we get the same lies on this land, it’s dangerous for people to think heat makes this go away, humid, dry and dense populated areas is what this virus thrives, S.Korea has tested 100,000 people, this land, no one knows, just hide behind every other countries panic, and hope there are no riots and can stay in control for more greed, that’s the message these gangster regimes say loud and clear

• Like 1