Thailand tourist arrivals may drop six million this year due to coronavirus - tourism authority

snoop1130

13 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Rigid mindset prevents progress here so don't bet on many changes for the better.

Yeah, I overdosed on the beer a bit and got all positive and forward-looking... LOL :cheesy:

Edited by outsider
  • Like 1

I have been to Japan two times in second half of

February. I just read on Thai PBS this mandates 14 day self-quarantine.

I was going to come home to Thailand for 1 week this month but I guess I

should go elsewhere. I stay in my own Condo, no booking, no proof.

Who would come to Thailand on a vacation under these conditions, to be confined to 

a Hotel room?

The nine countries, defined by Thailand as “high risk”, are Japan, South Korea, Germany, China, Taiwan, France, Singapore, Italy and Iran, and the two territories are Macau and Hong Kong.

Just heard an interview from a travel company exec'...he says bookings are down 60% on the same run in to the Easter period last year and requests for cancellations on prebookings unprecedented!One interesting point he made was that anyone contracting the coronavirus overseas on holiday and hospitalised while over there will not be covered by their holiday insurance!!That will certainly make people think about travelling to many countries based on that alone!

• Like 1

My wifes Taxi and tour company in pattaya normally handles 200 plus jobs a day   last 10 days they have had ZERO jobs ,,, thats a fact ,,,,no forward bookings  either   ,, she is very concerned . She also says many drivers  cannot pay their  finance  on vehicles if this goes on for another month .

• Like 1

Hmmm... not to mention the millions of foreigners who have already left Thailand and the millions who will no longer visit because of xenophobia subtlely directed through immigration policies and thai arrogance in their attitude towards “aliens”. TIT

Sounds like a good time to raise prices on the rooms and other services, and of course perfect to make the baht stronger against other currencies...

Have you noticed all the farangs being pulled over?  Helmet or not?  While the helmet less Thai's just keep on going.  I have been stopped twice in a weeks time so far.  Just seems the numbers might be a little higher, don't know for sure, or maybe this is typical this time of year...

On 3/3/2020 at 2:37 AM, justin case said:

you will see a spin, that thailand is contributing to less pollution because of this

they will find a way to save face

who in their right mind would go travel FOR FUN right now with the risks involved ?

I am a "tourist arrival" against my will, 5 times a year because of some stupid visa

than be scared, they could chages visa rules and make you visa-run 10 or more time a year

On 3/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, JMSIII said:

Sounds like a good time to raise prices on the rooms and other services, and of course perfect to make the baht stronger against other currencies...

Have you noticed all the farangs being pulled over?  Helmet or not?  While the helmet less Thai's just keep on going.  I have been stopped twice in a weeks time so far.  Just seems the numbers might be a little higher, don't know for sure, or maybe this is typical this time of year...

They are desperate boss renovating house on victims backs.