Measures employed to ensure coins are Covid-19 free

snoop1130

On 3/2/2020 at 6:07 PM, Chazar said:

absolutely <deleted> hilarious, couldnt be  more stupid if they tried.........and after the factory?

They will disinfect the bags in which they put the coins;
then they will disinfect the trucks in which ...
without forgetting the drivers ....

You can always believe it, there’s no harm in trying :giggle:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

It's magical.

Every little bureaucrat, sorry "civil servant," is coming out from the woods... so he can throw his inane little idea linked to the Wuwuflu virus in front of cameras and journalists (and with his nice uniform).

This stuff becomes trendy.

????

As for the Treasury Department director-general, I've got a burning question shoud I clean... my bills ?

And if yes, which cleaning powder should I use ?

Omo ?

Last but not least : is money laundering okay ? I mean regarding the virus ?

But don't clean the 100 Baht notes.

As a lot if us know from leaving notes in clothes pockets which then go through the wash, some of the ink washes off them, making them appear as if they are fake.

3 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

You couldn't make this up.. ????????

if you were a thai official you could. several times a day. actually cut the 'official' from the first sentence.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“All coins at exchange centres will be disinfected then sealed airtight before distribution, so people can rest assured that their newly exchanged coins are clean,” he said. “Moreover, I have instructed all staff to wear face masks at work and use hand sanitisers when they finish handling coins as a precaution against Covid-19.

Notes will always be warmly welcomed as a low risk item.

Twenties however are not so universally appreciated due to their wide circulation and low monetary value. The local phrase "kee niao" can be translated to "have you sterilised this banknote?" 

Edited by lamyai3

OK so here's some actual sensible advice re coin handling..

Covid-19 lives on metal for up to 12 hours so handling coins is a consideration.

Maybe consider carrying a coin purse and have the payer place them in it, then place the coins in a cup of hot water once you're home.

Ok let's suppose we can keep coins virus-free now. What else do we have to worry about? The possibilies are endless I'm afraid. I heard hamaz suits are hot fashion items at the moment somewhere in Japan - or France, I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, brain150 said:

The agenda is to go cashless !!!

Smart idea to use the fear of a virus ... not a big surprise though.

Ah, but you can possibly catch the virus from plastic cards and smart phones from contaminated people who may have sneezed or coughed into their hands without washing them!