Britain tells the EU: we shall not sell out our fishermen

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I see the anti UK folk are out again today......Really is laughable.....Know it all's that know nothing....Mystic Megs...................ball.gif.bb466c1bac2e8487b39ee97b36e7e86a.gif

Just because you dont like the facts being given does not make them anti UK.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You seem to be confused as to who actually pays for the tariffs. Its the customer NOT the government.

So things like fruit and veg which we can not grow here are going to be more expensive. The UK government will of course love this because it means they get more revenue from VAT. The EU gets a percentage of all tariffs from goods from outside the EU. Think its 10% but would need to check that.

Now if you are a European and there are two trays of tomatoes in the shop but one is from the UK and one is from Spain you are going to buy the Spanish ones because they are cheaper. The same applies to UK customers who will buy the British tomatoes rather than the Spanish ones.

However if you fancy some grapes as a European then you just buy grapes at the same price they always were.

If you are British then you are going to pay a lot more for grapes because we dont have a domestic option.

So expect a lot of inflation. Coupled with an economy which is shrinking. 

I can't comment about Scotland but I know loads of fruit ang veg farms in England where you can pick your own Fruit and many  farms where you can buy fresh vegetables 

Seedless grapes grown in Britain to be available in shops for first time

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/9217373/Seedless-grapes-grown-in-Britain-to-be-available-in-shops-for-first-time.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

I can't comment about Scotland but I know loads of fruit ang veg farms in England where you can pick your own Fruit and many  farms where you can buy fresh vegetables 

Seedless grapes grown in Britain to be available in shops for first time

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/9217373/Seedless-grapes-grown-in-Britain-to-be-available-in-shops-for-first-time.html

Thats great but most people get their fruit and veg from shops.

And is that farm selling seedless grapes going to supply the needs of the whole UK?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thats great but most people get their fruit and veg from shops.

And is that farm selling seedless grapes going to supply the needs of the whole UK?

I am sure there is nothing stopping shops and farms from get their fruit and veg direct from UK farms, I know many supermarkets do regarding potatoes as they label the potatoes with the type of potatoes and from which farm they come from

As to the farm selling seedless grapes you will have to contact them to find out the answer to your question

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

I am sure there is nothing stopping shops and farms from get their fruit and veg direct from UK farms, I know many supermarkets do regarding potatoes as they label the potatoes with the type of potatoes and from which farm they come from

As to the farm selling seedless grapes you will have to contact them to find out the answer to your question

Shops already get produce from UK farms. The price of that stuff is not going to change much after Brexit.

The stuff in shops which is sourced from the EU is going to be more expensive. 

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Exactly, but it is like seeds on stoney ground.

In the last 30 or so years, UK exporters have enjoyed a level of trade with the EU that would never have come about had it not been for the single market.

Many small exporters will not be able to stand the "friction" that will be introduced and a large proportion may well downsize or close the operation. An unquantifiable EU based contribution to the economy that will disappear.

Myth and Paradox of the Single Market How the trade benefits of EU membership have been mis-sold

https://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/mythandparadox.pdf

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Shops already get produce from UK farms. The price of that stuff is not going to change much after Brexit.

The stuff in shops which is sourced from the EU is going to be more expensive. 

And customers will either accept the increase or find a lower cost alternative or just not purchase the item anymore

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I actually did see Alf Garnett. Very amusing

Yes it was just plain humour. As for Love Thy Neigbour. You Whitey!

The liberal left, snowflake brigade jump on the bandwagon for anything to chomp at and claim racist, bigot, xenophobe.

People are easily offended. Opening a door for a lady or one that is masquerading as one offence to some.

Ali G was another great show. All far too serious in my opinion with people sprouting misogony at any opportunity.

Heaven forbid someone say love now.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And customers will either accept the increase or find a lower cost alternative or just not purchase the item anymore

Something like wine and cheese here in Thailand,

not nice though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its the obvious outcome given Johnsons stated position. No alignment and freedom of movement means tariffs.

But you guys knew that because thats what you all voted for.

You did know what you were voting for didnt you?  

Gawd, struuuuuuth........????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Something like wine and cheese here in Thailand,

not nice though.

I have found some excellent cheese in Pattaya and cheaper than the UK, I don't drink wine so have no idea on wine prices or quality

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes it was just plain humour. As for Love Thy Neigbour. You Whitey!

The liberal left, snowflake brigade jump on the bandwagon for anything to chomp at and claim racist, bigot, xenophobe.

People are easily offended. Opening a door for a lady or one that is masquerading as one offence to some.

Ali G was another great show. All far too serious in my opinion with people sprouting misogony at any opportunity.

Heaven forbid someone say love now.

You do know, don't you, that Warren Mitchell would be, today, considered a leftie, liberal snowflake, and that he was lampooning the right through Alf Garnett? He was literally laughing at racists on national TV!

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 2