TM30 still necessary for tenants?

Yesterday I returned by plane to Chiang Mai after 2 weeks out of Thailand. I went to Promenada Immigration to update my TM30 (no change of address) as I had done on numerous previous occasions.

I was not able to get the update done by myself, my wife, being the house owner, had to do it for me. Fortunately she was close by/shopping in Rimping so after 5 minutes with the IO the task was completed. The IO also kindly made copies of the photo page of my passport, & my wife's ID Card.

Next job is to follow Peter's guide to register for online TM30 filing.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Note: I think it is only logical that they do not hassle tourists anymore applying for an extension of stay based on their SETV/METV or VisaExempt entry.  Because those applicants do not actually have control over a TM30 filing, as it is the place where they are staying that has to do it for them.

It was an absolute disgrace that they required it from tourists, and so they might have come to their senses (at least in CW).

Agreed, a bloody big disgrace indeed to ask tourists on SETV/METV to do TM30 forms.

17 hours ago, Toany said:

As usual, there are no announcements from immigration about what is required because each immigration officer can do what he wants. I find it easier to follow all the rules and be sure.

If each immigration officer "can do what he wants", then it is not possible to "follow all the rules and be sure".

I have two long-term tenants here in BKK. Both on work visas. One is a teacher. The teacher seems to have to do it because the school (international) handles visa matters and insists on it, presumably because CW tells the school it is required. The other tenant works for a small company. He told me he's never done it. I have PR so don't have to bother with it for myself.

So like so many things here in Thailand, nothing is certain and "the rules" may or may not apply.  

• 9 months later...

I have never been asked for this TM 30 at Bangkok Immigration and hardly every even heard of it before last year and I've lived in TH for quite a few years.

I just saw a lot of talk about it now in another forum and was wondering if something has changed recently? I'm getting out of ASQ and wonder if I should really do it this time and if it can still be done online? I will be staying in my own house so I have no idea how that goes? 

5 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I just saw a lot of talk about it now in another forum and was wondering if something has changed recently? I'm getting out of ASQ and wonder if I should really do it this time and if it can still be done online? I will be staying in my own house so I have no idea how that goes? 

The has been a change since June 30th. A TM30 report is not required unless you change your address that immigration has in its records.

Only those entering with a new visa need to do one.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The has been a change since June 30th. A TM30 report is not required unless you change your address that immigration has in its records.

Only those entering with a new visa need to do one.

Thanks for reply. I am entering with new visa but it's been the same every time I enter and still never been asked to show a TM30. The immigration is over an hours drive from my house so I'm just wondering if it's really changed and I will be asked to show a TM30 when I extend my STV in 3 months time?

Archived