TM30 still necessary for tenants?

There was a confusing hot-air article about TM-28 not being required anymore for certain categories of foreigners (but being replace by TM-27).  So in effect > no change.

TM30 is still required, and your wife being the owner of the condo is required by thai law to file a TM30 of every foreigner staying at the condo, within 24 hours of their arrival.

>> I have PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how she can register on the IO TM30 website, so that she can file these TM30s on-line and hence does not have to file them personally at your local IO.

Note: It might be more convenient that she (or you) helps the tenant with registering on the website, so that he can file his TM30s himself and will not be dependant on you doing it in his place.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

>> I have PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how she can register on the IO TM30 website, so that she can file these TM30s on-line and hence does not have to file them personally at your local IO.

Hi Peter,

Would you please be so kind as to PM me the same step-by-step instructions for TM30?

Many thanks.

MF

21 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

There was a confusing hot-air article about TM-28 not being required anymore for certain categories of foreigners (but being replace by TM-27).  So in effect > no change.

TM30 is still required, and your wife being the owner of the condo is required by thai law to file a TM30 of every foreigner staying at the condo, within 24 hours of their arrival.

Note: It might be more convenient that she (or you) helps the tenant with registering on the website, so that he can file his TM30s himself and will not be dependant on you doing it in his place.

May I have the detail as well? Thanks 

14 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

May I have the detail as well? Thanks 

I just PM-ed you the comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website which allows you to file your TM30s on-line.

A TM30 need only be done once.

unless you move to another address (semi or permanent).

it does not have to be done for same address you’ve resides at over and over.

the TM28 is defunct and does not apply to 99.9% of falangs on Thailand. Those it does apply to are so obscure in visa type that it concerns no retirees, workers, tourists, students, or married falangs.

2 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

?????

When your IO does not enforce TM30 there is no need to do it even once

When your IO enforces TM30 you need to ensure that a current one has been filed from the place where you are staying, when visiting your IO for a service that needs your address.

I have never done a TM30 form. It was not being enforced when I started doing extensions of stay. 

When they started enforcing it at the office here if you made a trip out of the country I had not ever made a trip out of the country. Then about a year ago when wanted one if you stayed someplace that had done one I had not recently stayed in a hotel that had reported me so again not asked for one.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never done a TM30 form. It was not being enforced when I started doing extensions of stay. 

When they started enforcing it at the office here if you made a trip out of the country I had not ever made a trip out of the country. Then about a year ago when wanted one if you stayed someplace that had done one I had not recently stayed in a hotel that had reported me so again not asked for one.

Last time i did 90 day report at CW they didn't care anymore for tm30, but that could be just randomness. Guess it was just a money grab. 

25 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Last time i did 90 day report at CW they didn't care anymore for tm30, but that could be just randomness. Guess it was just a money grab. 

You are correct.  CW is one of those IOs that don't hassle applicants anymore on whether the place where they are staying filed a TM30 or not.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You are correct.  CW is one of those IOs that don't hassle applicants anymore on whether the place where they are staying filed a TM30 or not.

Is that also true for those extending their permission to stay on visa exempt and SETV?

20 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

They don't care about TM30 when you do 90 days report.

Two years ago did a one year extension on marriage visa - everything was fine, last year... they demanded TM30... wasted 2.5 hours on going from one window to another, paying fine etc.

And a bit of out of topic... last week went to renew my driving license, two years ago made a temporary one without a problem. This year... they demand confirmation of your address from the embassy. This is a complete nonsense... TM30 = confirmation of address, 90 days report = confirmation of address, blue book + yellow books = confirmation of address, then have got the same address on pink ID card, driving license BUT it's not enough for them, they want a paper from the embassy confirming your address. What is the point of that address confirmation from the embassy if they don't give a poo-poo about it, and they never will check it. And as many here I am not renting anything, I am living in a house which is on my wife's name, my yellow book linked to it, our kids are in the blue book too. And still they want that paper you can wipe your ass with...

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

It isn't long back they were hassling everyone and being very difficult. Thankfully things changed.

47 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

42 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Is that also true for those extending their permission to stay on visa exempt and SETV?

Yes, it is.  See the multiple posts of @DrJack54 on that topic.

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

the TM28 is defunct and does not apply to 99.9% of falangs on Thailand. Those it does apply to are so obscure in visa type that it concerns no retirees, workers, tourists, students, or married falangs.

If you go out of Thailand and then come back to the same address, you need to refile the TM30, or the next extension gets somewhat hairy. That's my experience in Chiang Mai.

As we all know, depends on which IO you are reporting to.

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

That's a load of BS. If you leave Thailand and come back to Thailand you need to again do another TM30 EVEN IF STAYING AT THE SAME ADDRESS!!

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

This is news to me. Since what date? I did mine as I don't want to get fined or denied an extension of my METV just because of no TM30.

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you go out of Thailand and then come back to the same address, you need to refile the TM30, or the next extension gets somewhat hairy. That's my experience in Chiang Mai.

As we all know, depends on which IO you are reporting to.

That's my understanding too. But some people here seem to think otherwise. I'd rather do it so I don't get fined or denied a METV extension.

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

This is news to me. Since what date? I did mine as I don't want to get fined or denied an extension of my METV just because of no TM30.

Since a couple of months it seems. 

Read 3 reports of posters confirming no mentioning of TM30 when applying for an extension of a Non Imm O - retirement Visa or a VisaExempt entry.

Note: It could be possible but imo unlikely that the officer who handled their application checked the IO TM30 database and that the applicants had a TM30 filed from the hotel/guesthouse where they were staying.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Since a couple of months it seems. 

Read 3 reports of posters confirming no mentioning of TM30 when applying for an extension of a Non Imm O - retirement Visa or a VisaExempt entry.

Note: It could be possible but imo unlikely that the officer who handled their application checked the IO TM30 database and that the applicants had a TM30 filed from the hotel/guesthouse where they were staying.

I've seen a few mentions many months ago about retirement visas not needing it, but that doesn't mean that tourist visas don't need it though. I've never once seen a poster here say they are on a SETV/METV and they didn't need a TM30 to extend, unless I've missed reading it.

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I've seen a few mentions many months ago about retirement visas not needing it, but that doesn't mean that tourist visas don't need it though. I've never once seen a poster here say they are on a SETV/METV and they didn't need a TM30 to extend, unless I've missed reading it.

Yes, I also never came across any reports on SETV/METV extension applications at CW of applicants without a TM30 being filed having their application approved. 

But if CW is relaxed on Non Imm O and VisaExempt entry extensions, that would be an indication they might also relaxed the requirement for SETV/METV extensions.

Only actual reports of applicants that are sure no TM30 has been filed from the place where they are staying, and still have their extension applications approved at CW will give conclusive evidence.

As usual, there are no announcements from immigration about what is required because each immigration officer can do what he wants. I find it easier to follow all the rules and be sure.

15 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Of course it's still necessary!!! Where did you read that it's not????

It's not that it's not. It's just that it no longer is.

15 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I've never once seen a poster here say they are on a SETV/METV and they didn't need a TM30 to extend, unless I've missed reading it.

Since October a good friend of mine has done two extensions (on visa exempt entries) at Chaengwattana. TM30 wasn't mentioned on either occasion. 

15 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Only actual reports of applicants that are sure no TM30 has been filed from the place where they are staying, and still have their extension applications approved at CW will give conclusive evidence.

It is difficult to provide conclusive evidence whether TM30 compliance is enforced or not when applying for an extension of stay.

The fact that is is not mentioned when you apply for an extension does not mean that the Immigration Officer didn't check it.  Because he can simply look into the IO TM30 database to see whether a current TM30 has been filed.

But even so, given the absence of reports of being denied their extension at CW, I am relatively confident that indeed they do not enforce TM30 compliance anymore.

Note: I think it is only logical that they do not hassle tourists anymore applying for an extension of stay based on their SETV/METV or VisaExempt entry.  Because those applicants do not actually have control over a TM30 filing, as it is the place where they are staying that has to do it for them.

It was an absolute disgrace that they required it from tourists, and so they might have come to their senses (at least in CW).

Archived