Thai Lion Air - NEVER Again

Speedo1968

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It takes about 6 months for the nicotine and other toxins to exit the body. Restoring lung capacity takes between 5 to 10 years, depending on other lifestyle choices such as exercise. That's why anesthetists always ask.

My current lung capacity is 5.5 litres. It was 3 litres when I smoked.

When I gave up my beer "capacity" went up.............????............

Now it looks like a diet of some sort is on the "horizon"....But, that maybe "delayed" or even "cancelled", who knows....("On topic").....????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Please explain to me why a re-scheduled or late running flight can be more susceptible to the virus than one flying on time.

And is Lion Air, Nok Air or Air Asia the most vulnerable.

And what's age go to do with travelling?

Age has not much to do with traveling, but it does have an impact on the effect of the Corona virus.

No, he does not mean a rescheduled flight can be more susceptible, he does refer to the chance of flights being cancelled or rescheduled due to the virus are a lot bigger now.

All are vulnerable to changes atm.

I agree with Norfolk, I'm sorry it didn't work out, but it appears that you are not aware of the consequences of flying during a time of a possible viral pandemic, many flights will be cancelled and/or re-scheduled, you are trying to make it look like ThaiLion is a culprit, when all other airlines are doing the same.  Travel wisely, live longer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

OP, the post you are are replying to meant “ at least FA’s ( Flight Attendants ) are hotter than TG ( Thai Airways )”

Not a real lot of help to your plight ????

Oh, I don't know about that ....!   As an oldie at least if I got on the flight I chose it would make for a more "interesting" flight ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

OP. I’m sorry it didn’t work out.

Thank you for that, I think next time I will take the bus,  on the run to Bangkok it arrives mid afternoon meaning the day is almost lost especially in rush hour traffic trying to get to a hotel.  The reason I decided to fly in the first place was to arrive early / mid morning.

The "NEW" flight I was given back to Khon Kaen arrives late and there is no bus / train back to where I live until the next morning.    So, someone else can have my seat and I will get a bus from Bangkok earlish in the morning back to my home town.

I remember back in the 1980's flying to UK from Saudi along with my wife and two young children on Saudi Air.   The airline had overbooked, without hesitation we were given seats in First Class, and everything that came with it.    How things have changed.

Edited by Speedo1968
missed text
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

I agree with Norfolk, I'm sorry it didn't work out, but it appears that you are not aware of the consequences of flying during a time of a possible viral pandemic, many flights will be cancelled and/or re-scheduled, you are trying to make it look like ThaiLion is a culprit, when all other airlines are doing the same.  Travel wisely, live longer.

THai Lion is a culprit for not answering phones / email and thinking logically about alternative fight schedules they force on you.

Giving them an excuse of the worlds current health issues as a reason not be "helpful" is ......

Why cant the airline contact you by phone instead of email ?   I spent more than 2 hours trying to get someone to answer Thai Lion help line, they didnt even reply to an email I sent.

Having worked in many countries since the early 1980s including Saudi and Kuwait during and after the Gulf War I am used "the consequences" as you call them.

56 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

THai Lion is a culprit for not answering phones / email and thinking logically about alternative fight schedules they force on you.

Giving them an excuse of the worlds current health issues as a reason not be "helpful" is ......

Why cant the airline contact you by phone instead of email ?   I spent more than 2 hours trying to get someone to answer Thai Lion help line, they didnt even reply to an email I sent.

Having worked in many countries since the early 1980s including Saudi and Kuwait during and after the Gulf War I am used "the consequences" as you call them.

Saudi Airlines where Siht on Domestic routes when I was there.

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

Thank you for that, I think next time I will take the bus,  on the run to Bangkok it arrives mid afternoon meaning the day is almost lost especially in rush hour traffic trying to get to a hotel.  The reason I decided to fly in the first place was to arrive early / mid morning.

The "NEW" flight I was given back to Khon Kaen arrives late and there is no bus / train back to where I live until the next morning.    So, someone else can have my seat and I will get a bus from Bangkok earlish in the morning back to my home town.

I remember back in the 1980's flying to UK from Saudi along with my wife and two young children on Saudi Air.   The airline had overbooked, without hesitation we were given seats in First Class, and everything that came with it.    How things have changed.

And the buses never break down..........????........Never have road accidents,never carry folk with dodgy illnesses that you could be breathing in during the hours of transit....:clap2:

On 3/4/2020 at 3:08 PM, Speedo1968 said:

You booked with a low cost airline, an Indonesian low cost airline. Its just you and the website. They don't employ the staff for "service" thats why you got an email rather than a phone call and why it takes so long to speak to an actual person who can sort everything out and give some options that may be acceptable. If you booked with Thai or Bangkok Airways they have more staff, downtown offices and provide more of the regular service you would expect. You saved some money with Lion Air basically because there is no "service". Which is fine when it all goes well but <deleted>ty when there are problems like weather, delays, corona virus etc

I wouldn't be too harsh blaming Lion Air they will be losing millions of baht every day due to something they could never have planned for.

• Like 1

I noticed that Thai Lion cancelled all but 3 of their flights to Chiang Mai and then consolidated passengers from the cancelled flights onto the remaining flights.  Those flights are now full so essentially they have stopped selling tickets for flights in March.

So, they didn't offer you a refund option?  Anyway, flights are so cheap now it might be worth checking prices to buy a ticket on another airline.  https://www.skyscanner.co.th/?langid=EN&gclid=CjwKEAjw_LG8BRDb1JTxm8uP_UwSJADu_8pWGhr07PejLCtrE5C1jMS2dj5sBxYjjJ2SBe5zgJhpixoCnqTw_wcB

I think it’s fair to say that many airlines don’t really handle reschedulings as well as they could— after all, they (almost always) have a contact point for you (ie your email address, mobile/landline, etc) so I think it’s reasonable to expect a timely contact informing* you of: a) the change, b) what options you have and c) your next course of action.

(note: carriers almost universally have the contractual right to change schedules and do so without the obligation to inform you in advance nor seek your approval to do so)

that said, I also think that LCCs pose a somewhat unique challenge as most LCCs lack so-called interline agreements that would permit carrier A to “push” your ticket/booking from your original carrier (let’s call them Carrier A) to their interline partner (call them Carrier B) who may have a flight that better aligns with your original booking. 

so.. lacking this flexibility means both you and the carrier are somewhat stuck in terms of options— either rebook with a flight Carrier A does have.. or .... refund then have to go out a buy a while new ticket; and at then-current market prices.

Given the current state of the industry, globally and notably regionally, I’d be very aware of any future bookings I had and be prepared to deal with any potential rebooking scenarios that may come, as I think this situation will remain as is until mid to late summer (my guess only)... and when the “up turn” does come, I doubt it will be fast as we’ve seen the “downturn” occur.