Beware of police checkpoints

Airalee

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude you post such childish malarkey spun to make your diatribes look good.

What kind of loon shoots to wound? You shoot to stop. You shoot until the danger falls to the ground and drops his weapon. You shoot center of mass to minimize the danger to innocent bystanders. if you had ever had any firearms training, you wouldn't post such silliness.

And tell me which police departments in the US are out of control?

Also if you shoot to kill there's no witness to claim you put that gun on their dead body.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Also if you shoot to kill there's no witness to claim you put that gun on their dead body.

Los Muertes no habla as we used to say.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

but his car is real and so is his mouthy tough gf and he is not one to exaggerate or panic. So I believe him.

Yeah, bar girls are better protection than attack dogs.

They're good at protecting their meal ticket from other predators.

One white foreigner trying to pick a fight with me in a bar almost got himself stabbed by my wife, who was circling to try and stick him in the kidneys with her flick knife.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beware of police checkpoints is always good advice. 

I've been strip searched right on the side of the road here in Canada a few times. They always made a big thing about my shotgun behind the seat of my truck too until I showed them my license. 

Beware....

Edited by AllThaiedUp
edited for clarity

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, bar girls are better protection than attack dogs.

They're good at protecting their meal ticket from other predators.

One white foreigner trying to pick a fight with me in a bar almost got himself stabbed by my wife, who was circling to try and stick him in the kidneys with her flick knife.

Right? Right? OPs old lady isn't a bar girl and them two fight like wombats in heat, but that girl would stand right up and knife someone who messed with her boy. He's got a fancy car and condos and he isn't even old and fat. And she's not sophisticated enough to recognize neuroses. If he wasn't my friend, or if I was @NCC1701Aid steal her to cover my back, among other things

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

If you are calling the OP a liar as to his story, be a man and say so.

I know the dude personally, he may have the dumbest looking haircut in the known universe and he dresses like a nerd, but his car is real and so is his mouthy tough gf and he is not one to exaggerate or panic. So I believe him.

I myself would have embellished a bit and have the girl yell let me see your hands as I was bent over the hood and the officer was putting on the rubber glove. But that's me.

Did I quote the OP ?

I know roughly where that checkpoint is, it's likely the one they always put a kilometer or two after the main Tha Yang intersection (a few KMs before Mueang Phetchaburi)

I was stopped there about 4 years ago on my way to see my girlfriend on my bike. when the cops saw me they got very excited and started shouting "farang! farang!"

forced me to pee in a little cup on the side of the road near a concrete wall of some sort next to like 15 poor looking Thai guys

trying to explain to them that I had already peed like 10 minute ago fell to deaf ears (they didn't understand and/or cared)

turns out they were looking for ya ba.

anyways, GF was <deleted> at me because i made her wait for me like 15 minutes extra.

later learned that those stops were illegal but what you gonna do?

I don't have that GF anymore so rarely drive that way but I have seen that stop at practically the same place on the way many times since then

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Everyone knows that when you roll down your window at a checkpoint you start blabbering in English as quickly as you are capable of doing. 

They will immediately look uncomfortable and wave you through everytime. 

I had no problem at every checkpoint from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai a long the Maehongson loop.  Had I started blabbering quickly in English, that, combined with a sports car and they would have definitely pegged me for a yaba’d out drug dealer.  In fact...I had a pic taken at one of the checkpoints...I should send it to you.  You’ll laugh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

If you are calling the OP a liar as to his story, be a man and say so.

I know the dude personally, he may have the dumbest looking haircut in the known universe and he dresses like a nerd, but his car is real and so is his mouthy tough gf and he is not one to exaggerate or panic. So I believe him.

I myself would have embellished a bit and have the girl yell let me see your hands as I was bent over the hood and the officer was putting on the rubber glove. But that's me.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I’m nothing special...just a dude living the lifestyle of the idle lower middle class.  As for Don Mega...I wouldn’t have expected any less.  I’m sure he’s a klassy (with a “k”) kind of guy...just like his avatar.

14 minutes ago, Airalee said:

but I’m nothing special.

Until ya take your hat off with that rooster comb on top of your head, then put on those 1950s round Andy Warhol junkie glasses...then you are truly special. I bet you had your hat off when you were at the checkpoint. I would have searched you dude, you are soooooooooo suspicious. Especially with that Nickelback at top volume. 

And you sing along too.

Note: gf hasn't called yet........have you told her she saved you? How you are now indebted to her? In America, it is tradition that when a woman saves her bf he must buy her an expensive present. You know she will believe me, she trusts me.

Of course, you can buy my silence. I'm a slut.

Note: It's those strange glasses you wear. Post a pic of you with those shades on and I bet folks wanna cavity search you right through the net. Suspicious!!!!

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude you post such childish malarkey spun to make your diatribes look good.

What kind of loon shoots to wound? You shoot to stop. You shoot until the danger falls to the ground and drops his weapon. You shoot center of mass to minimize the danger to innocent bystanders. if you had ever had any firearms training, you wouldn't post such silliness.

And tell me which police departments in the US are out of control?

Most. Louisville, Kentucky now training their cops to shoot to wound, unless the cop feels his life is in danger. Their shooting rates have dropped dramatically. Same applies to other progressive police departments in the US. I understand how dangerous a job it is. But the number of shootings by law enforcement in the US, of unarmed people is astonishing and unjustified. I have family in law enforcement. And even they agree with that. Homicidal police are not the answer. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Airalee said:

Where did I say it was racist?

Nowhere.

You stated that you were the only farang among many stopped. Ergo, they weren't picking on you due to race.

You do understand what you type, don't you?

Personally, I think you're trolling.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, petermik said:

I pass through this checkpoint each month on my return trips (5 years of them) from Chonburi to Trang,slow down open the window and smile...usually greeted with a salute or thank you....never any problems,yesterday on our return did notice quite a number of cars pulled over for inspection and all thai drivers.... :whistling:

p.s. you could always carry a large card with "possible Covid 19 virus on board" this may help :clap2:

Ha! That's a fairly good idea actually. 

2 hours ago, alacrity said:

Nowhere.

You stated that you were the only farang among many stopped. Ergo, they weren't picking on you due to race.

You do understand what you type, don't you?

Personally, I think you're trolling.

Of course they weren’t picking on me for my race.  They were picking on me because of my car....and as Nyezhov says, my crazy hair and Andy Warhol junkie glasses.  Can’t say I’ve ever listened to Nickleback.  And if you think I’m trolling...all I can say is...thanks for contributing!  ????

Would you like to hear about the time I was swarmed by clowns at a police checkpoint in Tak? ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Everyone knows that when you roll down your window at a checkpoint you start blabbering in English as quickly as you are capable of doing. 

They will immediately look uncomfortable and wave you through everytime. 

Yes for 15 years i just smile and start talking about egg and chips and i always get waved through although i hear them saying farang ba !

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 12:41 PM, spidermike007 said:

Always bear in mind, these are NOT law enforcement officials. These guys are local franchisees, simply working the franchise. Resist them with all of your might. 

Exactly, they would be all behind bars in our home country - or in politics. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Stopped me today on the 1001 between MaeJo and SanSai hospital.

Very annoying as they had half the road blocked and didn't stop any Thai's.

Only white folk had their D/Ls checked.

I didn't like them shouting 'farang' at each other either.

Perhaps you look dodgy......:stoner:

Mind you, for you to see who is driving ever ride in the vicinity is quite an achievement, unless they all had no dark tint, which in itself is very unusual............:clap2:

hahahaha, we got stopped last weekend on a small country road, cops either side of the car, we opened windows on both sides but as soon as the cops went tp get close to us our bang kaew that was sitting on the back seat came from between our seats & went ballistic, they both backed off very fast and waved us through, will take her with is more often

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, seajae said:

hahahaha, we got stopped last weekend on a small country road, cops either side of the car, we opened windows on both sides but as soon as the cops went tp get close to us our bang kaew that was sitting on the back seat came from between our seats & went ballistic, they both backed off very fast and waved us through, will take her with is more often

That is exactly what they need. Pushback, resistance, and a total boycott of their nonsense and behavior. Not law enforcement. Social vampires sucking the blood of the nation and offering nothing in return. Less than zero. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Airalee said:

Of course they weren’t picking on me for my race.  They were picking on me because of my car....and as Nyezhov says, my crazy hair and Andy Warhol junkie glasses.  Can’t say I’ve ever listened to Nickleback.  And if you think I’m trolling...all I can say is...thanks for contributing!  ????

Would you like to hear about the time I was swarmed by clowns at a police checkpoint in Tak? ????

Guess you would have felt at home in Tak then.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

“Why did you quit?”  “I quit because I was tired of coughing so much and it’s good that I quit because of Coronavirus”

He was surprised that I could speak Thai. 

I do not believe this story. Too many points just don't make sense.

1. Even if your Thai would be perfect, you're not winning anything to speak Isaan, or Thai to them. 

2. I do not think that a cop would ask me why i quit smoking. BTEW, I have some good friends who are coppers and I was discussing this with them. They don't believe your story, which makes it two now.

3. "The officer on the passenger side opened his hands to show he had nothing, but the one on my side of the car immediately backed away."

You're assuming that the other guy had something in his hands he wanted to "find in your car?"

Please stop watching so many soap operas. 

4. If these cops would extort money from " rich people" as you believe you are, why is there no other report on the internet about people who got stopped and experienced the same you're reporting here?

Are you aware how many people are driving to Hua Hin from Bangkok every day? And they have chosen you to ask you why you quit smoking? Please, that doesn't make any sense. 

Cops don't care if, or when you quit smoking. 

I've been here 18 years full time, but I've never heard of a similar story. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3