National Disease Control Chief refuses to clarify Phuket coronavirus report

snoop1130

10 hours ago, smedly said:

that is a whole big step into police state not democracy and free speech, shut your mouth or you will be arrested and locked away - is that what Thailand has become ? 

Shut you mouth or you will be involuntarily quarantined otherwise known as solitary confinement in a box six feet under.  

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

Do you now where in Issan? My wife is in Issan right now, a few days ago she had a fever of 39 degree!

I'm just getting over the same thing although I didn't bother checking my temp as it's just normal flu like symptoms which I get quite often from the various kids that stay with us.

24 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

1% death rate. Far higher risk driving a scooter in Phuket. 

Using Sth Korea's figures as they are doing lots of testing and seem transparent 5600 cases with 33 deaths recorded gives CFR of about 0.58%.

• Like 1

I never forget the Thai gov. in 2002 with the birde flue: according the Thai minister, there WAS NO BIRD FLUE in Thailand, despite the newspapers full with reports of people died because of that.

When the interests of the Rich & Wealthy = also the governing elite in Thailand are at stake ( poeltry industry then / tourism industry and a lot more now) all will be talked down. When it is enough in their interest, the minister of Tourism will even deny the sun sets in the evening. ( and the Thai voters will accept this ) 

In Western Europe ( Netherlands) they need only 8 hours for a test. When positive a second control test, so in 18 hours a conformation. 

Edited by puipuitom

7 hours ago, Incobart said:

I find the whole corona blow up ridicules, and laugh with the masks, but on 19 febr I went to Ao Nang krabi  and after to Phi Phi, all normal,  but 10 days later I start coffin,  chest feelings and become slight influenza feeling, weakness, sweating...  first i think just a cold, but then with the influenza feeling... I wonder why when I came back 2 time a whole team stopped everyone to check temp and disinfect hands ... if nothing going on ....   I don't know if I cached it I getting better now, I stayed home rest, drink a lot of ginger/honey/lemon thee and zinc tablets ... my friends seems to have no problem, so just wondering.

The problem is there's still a lot of the regular colds and flu going around on top of this new coronavirus.

Chances are you'll be right as rain in a week but don't assume you've had it already and can't catch it again because you probably haven't had it.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:30 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

Declines  to  confirm. Doubts? Corona Virus. Which  one? Common cold?

Let reality reign ! Not  Media  hype !

Corvid-19 is  amongst  us...undeniable.....highest risk is to  your  elderly . Not  the  stroppy younger or  small children if reasonable  self  care is taken.

Worry as  much  if  not  more  about the myriad of other things  that can infect and  destroy the body instead of  the infectious  paranoia that is  devouring  your  minds!

World health officials say the mortality rate for COVID-19 is 3.4% globally, higher than previous estimates of about 2%.

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a press briefing at the agency’s headquarters in Geneva. In comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected, he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/who-says-coronavirus-death-rate-is-3point4percent-globally-higher-than-previously-thought.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The more they deny or refuse to comment, the more it makes me think there is a lot more they are not telling us.

Does anyone know exactly how many cases Thailand really has?

I have worked for many years with farmers in Northern Thailand. They will only see a doctor when they are really sick. There could be thousands suffering fom mild forms of the c virus and spreading it. Even if they think they have it they might be sacred of having to be quanranteened and unable to work. Many are paid only when they work.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wazzadg44 said:

Australia has 52 cases so far-Thailand has 42? Unrealistic given the Asian presence here. Also 2 deaths in Aus.-only 1 in Thailand? Again unrealistic figures.

Add to that the latest 2 infections were a 30 year old women and a 8 months old baby.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:50 PM, Felt 35 said:

World health officials say the mortality rate for COVID-19 is 3.4% globally, higher than previous estimates of about 2%.

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a press briefing at the agency’s headquarters in Geneva. In comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected, he said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/who-says-coronavirus-death-rate-is-3point4percent-globally-higher-than-previously-thought.html

It could actually be much lower if widespread testing was undertaken to get a more reliable figure of those infected

1 minute ago, Valentine said:

It could actually be much lower if widespread testing was undertaken to get a more reliable figure of those infected

It could actually be much higher if widespread testing was undertaken to get a more reliable figure of those infected.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It could actually be much higher if widespread testing was undertaken to get a more reliable figure of those infected.

Not sure if I agree on this, there are two problems.

1) Yes if we did accurate widespread testing of people we would get a better idea of what the fatality % is, but it is likely to be lower because many people have mild systems (So they say) and go unregistered, and the actual number of deaths is known by and large. 

2) This is all complicated by the fact that we cannot trust the figures produced by some countries, particularly ones where the tourist ministry is way more important than the health ministry.