Member of public calls immigration: Japanese pensioner whose Thai wife died found hiding on overstay

webfact

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Part and parcel under an authoritarian govt!

No reflection on you. Just made me think of my own government under the current administration supported by conservatives ... there are enemies within and without, be afraid be very afraid ... as for the Japanese guy, without knowing his story I would empathize but I am very cognizant of Royal Thai Immigration requirements. I wish him well in finding a country that will el Cosme him as a retiree. I would have retired in Japan but it was outside my retirement monthly budget.

Edited by wwest5829

5 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Sympathies to the Japanese guy. I just wish Naew Na would write something more imaginative. This stuff is getting ultra tedious for the translator.

It's like reading a template.

Rooster

If it's so much like a template, perhaps you could start just filling in the blanks - the details - for each report in a different colour, just to highlight how similar it is?

9 hours ago, meechai said:

Want to bet this good Samaritan now has a house he didn't have before he called in the smart car

Hope the dead Thai wife haunts the F@#$ out of this house

Is that how it works in Thailand, you just get to own a property by reporting

someone to the police and getting them deported?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sapson said:

Our courageous guys of immigration strike again ...good to know another heinous law breaker is not at large.

It would be awful if their was a spate of 1178 false alarms .... reported farang overstayers at Thai residences.... imagine the scene smart cars, photographers,machine gun totting swat teams, generals in full regalia ...... and not a farang to be found yet alone an overstayer.

Smart cars and immigration staff on one wild goose chase after another...... how tragic!

And how will this dastardly plan be facilitated?

9 hours ago, henry2109 said:

Here we go again: they need 8 officers to check and arrest and old quiet fart, where 2 officers should be the norm and sufficient. Imagine how productive this country could be if they learn to organize themself.

.........And a BMW Smart car. Without it, it would never have succeeded. Poor old <deleted>

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Phetchabun immigration utilised the now infamous BMW "Smart Car" to arrest a Japanese man living alone in the Wang Chomphu sub-district. 

Do any of you outside of America know what Romper Room is?  A show from the 70's for kids, known as Romper Room, became popular with children.  

Why does Thailand act like Romper Room instead of acting like adults?  Swooping, crackdowns, "smart cars", aren't any of you insulted?  Does all this childish nonsense not insult your intelligence?  Maybe most of us have no intelligence left, but it bothers me how stupidly we are talked to and written about.

Does it bother you?

Edited by Chrysaora
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Did they have children ? who now can go for the house

It's not as though they knew he wasn't around

As someone has already suggested, the house will soon have a new occupant...

• Like 1

So sad for the old guy, Anyone check if he has a way out of Detention ?

I am amazed that a culture so obsessed with saving face,

can promote and broadcast this kind of action to the world.

As for the "Pinocchio Nose" citizen, it is very apparent their FACE fell off.

No wonder they never show their photo or name them.

But don't worry, KARMA is coming for all these self righteous Folks,

who hide behind unjust Rules and Laws, while speaking their mantra, "just doing my job"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tifino said:

Maybe the deadly criminal of a naughty foreigner was subsisting; by taking on her identity I. E pension etc  and ignoring all else in the letterbox? 

Not bloody likely given that his wife must have gotten a funeral which would require a death certificate.  The old guy was probably just living in the house he paid for on account of not having anywhere else to go.  Japan has its share of homeless and for an elder it's all but a death sentence. Bottom line, "looking like a foreigner" even an Asian one, is unacceptable these days in Thailand. 

• Like 1

Sad, very sad for many different reasons.  The snitch should be ashamed of themselves, what they did was disgusting.  And people wonder why the reputations of Thai's just keeps going down further and further and further...

• Like 1

True to form posters jump in boots and all making so many ' maybe' and 'probably' speculative posts.

The reality is we know nothing apart from what the guy allegedly said.

We have no idea when or even if his wife died. She may have done a runner.

Why does everyone assume it was a Thai who put in him? I'd be more worried about a member of the fellowship of the farang than a Thai person.

We also have no idea of what the gentleman had been doing all this time. Kept very quiet apparently. Many people with Ill intentions do the same so as to not draw attention to themselves.

Still it was worth 11 pages of pure speculation and conjecture.

No photo of the smart car though.

I wonder if the thread would have taken the same path if it was an overstaying digital nomad whose wife was no longer around?

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2