Member of public calls immigration: Japanese pensioner whose Thai wife died found hiding on overstay

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The area was surrounded and the suspect was found alone. The onboard diagnostics in the smart car - notebook, tablet and internet connection to the immigration database - confirmed the worst. 

As suspected, an iPad with a data plan would do the exact same job as this car lol. 

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Everybody attacking Thai Immigration for doing their job. The Japanese guy knew the rules when he entered the country....he was an illigal immigrant...the same kind that you all rail against when inside the borders of your own sovereign nations....get him out...if you don't have the decency or the smarts to obey local laws as a guest in a foreign country....then you deserve arrest and deportation.

Billy no mates..........:coffee1:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Everybody attacking Thai Immigration for doing their job. The Japanese guy knew the rules when he entered the country....he was an illigal immigrant...the same kind that you all rail against when inside the borders of your own sovereign nations....get him out...if you don't have the decency or the smarts to obey local laws as a guest in a foreign country....then you deserve arrest and deportation.

i deeply sympatize with the Japanese pensioner but i totally agree with you. Thai immigration are just doing their job, and actually western immigration should learn from that. Oops here i am advocating to remove ilegal aliens in our home countries bloody nazi that i am!

Anyway, its weird, if he is a pensioner why he dont arrange a pension visa.

and lastly, an old loner like that, it might be even in his own interest to be sent back.

Plz stop complaining about Thai officials doing their job.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

6 hours ago, henry2109 said:

Here we go again: they need 8 officers to check and arrest and old quiet fart, where 2 officers should be the norm and sufficient. Imagine how productive this country could be if they learn to organize themself.

In Thailand it's said eight on one.

I fully understand the law of the land but also have some sympathy for the old fella 

living alone & more than likely miserable as sin after the loss of his wife.

He must have had some money to allow himself to live.

Special case treatment, ?  Na 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The take away from this: make sure you feed the soi dogs, and MAKE SURE the locals are winning. (baht at the funerals, baht at the weddings, baht at the temples, baht to extended family, baht to local labourers, daily snacks and baht for early morning saffron clad illuminati.  

His fatal faux pas of mourning in personal quiet peace, cost him dearly.  RIP and enjoy what's left of retirement back in Japan. 

Thailand accepts your generous donations of everything not packed in your suitcase.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Do you of;;ow all the rules?Do you know all the rules?If you've broken one single rule you should be deported.In fact you should be deported for your lack of knowing what is right and what is wrong.You would have to be a supporter of the current foul regime with such an attitude.Not all rules are just.

The man knew he was overstayedWhat you are doing here is called a "Straw Man " argument. . Of course I don't know all the rules certainly as the law in Thailand is whatever a man with a badge says it is. Do you know what happens in Japan if you live there in a spouse visa and your wife dies? SAYONARA!

Of course in Japan you can get PR after living there as a spouse for a few years. The same should be true in Thailand, one should be rubber-stamped PR after a few years. It is sad that the Japanese man ran out of options. Maybe we should start a petition to send to the PM to change Thai immigration law?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1