Ministry announces list of high-risk destinations

webfact

Ministry announces list of high-risk destinations

By The Nation

800_8c2f162cdb03c9f.jpg?v=1583427516

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Thursday (March 5) approved the latest list of countries and territories at high risk of the Covid-19 infection:  South Korea, China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Italy, and Iran. 

All returnees from these nations and territories must self-quarantine for 14 days, or they may be subject to quarantine  organised by the authorities.   

The Covid-19 disease was declared as a dangerous communicable disease on February 24, according to the Communicable Disease Act 2015.

Over the past few days, people were confused about the list as Anuthin on Tuesday published a list on his Facebook page, stating that  risk destination were  Japan, Germany, South Korea, China, including Macau and Hong Kong, Taiwan, French, Singapore, Italy and Iran.

Anutin admitted on Wednesday that there was some confusion about the list of high-risk countries and territories which had appeared on his Facebook page. He said that the list was not final he also closed his Facebook page.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383452

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-06

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the latest list of countries and territories at high risk of the Covid-19 infection:  South Korea, China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Italy, and Iran. 

I thought the threat had receded considerably in Hong Kong and Macau since they banned visitors from China, or am I mistaken?

Back to the inane reporting of Nation...

So, like in school... "define returnees".

"You have 3 hours. I'll fetch your papers at the end".

????

To summarize. We do have a list. It has been published.

Of course, this list is ridiculous, but mai pen rai, it exists and they will have to amend it very quickly.

But a part from this list... we have nothing else.

-who are "returnees" ? Thai coming back and/or tourists coming from those countries ?

-what is "mandatory self quarantine" ? How it will be applied ? How it will be controled ? By who ? etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

my house is on the the Hua Hin bar girls list of high-risk destinations.

Not due to coronavirus, but I'm guessing another virus could be on their list. Told you boasting about your conquests in Pattaya would come back to haunt you.

• Haha 2

"Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul published a list on his Facebook page on Tuesday, stating that the high-risk countries wereJapan, Germany, South Korea, China, including Macau and Hong Kong, Taiwan, French, Singapore, Italy and Iran."

French is the name of a country? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The comma is superfluous. He's obviously referring to the well known protectorate of French Singapore.

when one have not understood something one should always try to get it explained, thank you! ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Health Ministry announces list of high-risk virus-hit nations

By The Nation

800_8c2f162cdb03c9f.jpg?v=1583473682

All returnees from “high-risk” coronavirus-hit countries such as China – including Macau and Hong Kong – South Korea, Italy and Iran need to undergo self-quarantine for 14 days, or they may be subject to quarantine organised by the authorities.

The Covid-19 disease was declared a dangerous communicable disease on February 24, under the Communicable Disease Act 2015.

The government has not yet banned travel to and from the four countries and two territories. So far, the government has not quarantined everyone coming in from those nations except for those who are suspected of having the virus symptoms at airport primary screening points.

A lack of details or more information from the Public Health Ministry on what the government will do with those from high-risk countries has angered people and caused frustration.

Over the past few days, people were confused about the list after Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul published a list on his Facebook page on Tuesday, stating that the high-risk countries were Japan, Germany, South Korea, China – including Macau and Hong Kong – Taiwan, France, Singapore, Italy and Iran.

Anutin admitted on Wednesday that there was some confusion about the list of high-risk countries and territories which had appeared on his Facebook page. He said the list was not final. He also closed the page.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383452

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-06

And the winner will be ....

I would think that Japan, Germany and France would be high risk too. Any country with more than 500 would be considered high risk.

If Japan were to add Diamond Princess to its count, the number of cases would be more than 1000.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, Lacessit said:

I'm wondering when some other country announces Thailand is a high-risk destination. Iran has found attempting to conceal infections doesn't work.

I am amazed at the small number of reported cases in Thailand given its yen for yuan and the millions of Chinese visitors.  We get huge new numbers in 1st World countries reported daily yet this failed state seems relatively unscathed.

Hello all, I am a Australian expat residing in Hat Yai, I am currently in Australia, have been for 4 weeks. I am very confused with the list/lists from the Thai Gov, as are most. I am sorry if this is the incorrect thread, but as I cant get a clear indication from any Thai Gov websites, I am hoping that TVF folk may be able to shed some light/advice for me.  I want to travel next week (19th), transit via Singapore, does this mean I will be required to self quarantine???  Thanking you all for any input.

Cheers

GBW

Yes, you would have to self quarantine yourself by traveling thru Singapore. This is currently on the Ministry (Depart of Disease Control) Website dated March 8th.

corvid.JPG

Edited by dsj

100 infected people cannot spread the disease if you don't go near them.....1 single person can infect you if you are close.....the point here is that every country is affected and there is no point in making a list of countries to avoid. South america is also hit for those who were wondering like myself and found these disturbing figures on the Americas....the ideal list would be, not to travel anyhwere in the first place and to lock down all borders for casual visitors....starting with the Chinese and Koreans.

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/where-coronavirus-latin-america

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

100 infected people cannot spread the disease if you don't go near them.....1 single person can infect you if you are close.....the point here is that every country is affected and there is no point in making a list of countries to avoid. South america is also hit for those who were wondering like myself and found these disturbing figures on the Americas....the ideal list would be, not to travel anyhwere in the first place and to lock down all borders for casual visitors....starting with the Chinese and Koreans.

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/where-coronavirus-latin-america

I didn't think you could be links in, so I am going to add the Department of Disease Control webiste.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

17 hours ago, dsj said:

Yes, you would have to self quarantine yourself by traveling thru Singapore. This is currently on the Ministry (Depart of Disease Control) Website dated March 8th.

corvid.JPG

Thanks dsj, I will go via BKK.

Cheers

GBW