Trump says U.S. economy could take hit from coronavirus

webfact

On 3/5/2020 at 9:09 PM, bendejo said:

In the US it should be called The Hoax Virus.

Let's see if he keeps doing his rallies while this is going on.

You raise a good point. If the coronavirus is as bad as Democrats are telling us, why are they still holding rallies, drawing crowds and risking more people being infected? Shouldn't they be cancelling rallies to protect Americans?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

You raise a good point. If the coronavirus is as bad as Democrats are telling us, why are they still holding rallies, drawing crowds and risking more people being infected? Shouldn't they be cancelling rallies to protect Americans?

I would cancel all large gatherings like now - whatever they are. 

On 3/6/2020 at 1:14 AM, Mavideol said:

The Chinese are having fun seeing the US struggling with the virus ......

State news outlet Xinhua (link in Chinese) went even further, re-publishing an analysis from an independent blogger’s WeChat account, which said, “The US owes China an apology, the world owes China thanks.”

https://qz.com/1813181/china-is-taking-pleasure-in-us-mishandling-of-coronavirus/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo"

"The US owes China an apology, the world owes China thanks"...….

Owes an Apology? Owes Thanks? To China for creating the virus in the first place? Really China?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Do you have a favorite WH job?  You just made the short list for the next replacement Donnie will need.  The toxic environment over there seems to lead to a short life span in the Trump orbit.

I would not work in that very White House for all the money in the world. (Well, maybe. I am for sale. But it would have to be a lot!) I would not want a job in Washington. The Everglades in Florida has far fewer alligators and crocodiles. The swamp was never drained. The 7 foot alligators were removed, and replaced with 13 foot crocodiles. 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 2:50 PM, DrTuner said:

Dude, grab China by the balls and initiate returning the factories from China back to West, now is the time to go for the jugular.

He is buying your red MAGA hat from China. Like his daughter, who gets her fashion items from there. :cheesy: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another week of carnage looms large. Oil has crashed to $27. No $21 this is worse than 1929 that said any sane person knew we were in biggest bubble of everything in history. Where do algos perceive a bottom or do they just continue to shred themselves to nothing ? 

Stock markets in Europe and the United States are braced for their biggest falls since the global financial crisis after the start of the trading week saw panic selling amid the double threat of a coronavirus-driven global recession and an oil-price war, Martin Farrer and Phillip Inman report.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/09/coronavirus-live-updates-outbreak-italy-lockdown-quarantine-uk-usa-america-australia-recession-fears-update-latest-news

Edited by URMySunshine

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Dow and S&P is moving from a correction to bear market phase. Normally a bear market will last 1-3 years from past history. Looks like bye bye Trump. Good riddance. 

Yeah nothing beats rooting for an economic crash that will punish millions of folks simply because of politics.

Bet you are waiting for a total disruption of life from the "virus" in order to win an election...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah nothing beats rooting for an economic crash that will punish millions of folks simply because of politics.

Bet you are waiting for a total disruption of life from the "virus" in order to win an election...

If only I have the power to root for boom or crush, I will be a billionaire. By the way, most Americans don’t own stock. 84%’of stock is owned by 10% of wealthy people and corporations. They invested greedily aided by Trump’s massive rate cut and innuendos and now will take a pay cut. They can easily afford. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

By the way, most Americans don’t own stock.

My mom does. My sister, nephews, neices, daughter, me, my accountant, my lawyer, the guy next door to my mom, my bro in laws family.....

But hey, thats the way the politics of hate and envy work. Keep hoping for tragedy.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

My mom does. My sister, nephews, neices, daughter, me, my accountant, my lawyer, the guy next door to my mom, my bro in laws family.....

But hey, thats the way the politics of hate and envy work. Keep hoping for tragedy.

I guess there are lessons to be learned. Stop believing in the stock market hype and face up to the facts of the epidemic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Another week of carnage looms large. Oil has crashed to $27. No $21 this is worse than 1929 that said any sane person knew we were in biggest bubble of everything in history. Where do algos perceive a bottom or do they just continue to shred themselves to nothing ? 

Stock markets in Europe and the United States are braced for their biggest falls since the global financial crisis after the start of the trading week saw panic selling amid the double threat of a coronavirus-driven global recession and an oil-price war, Martin Farrer and Phillip Inman report.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/09/coronavirus-live-updates-outbreak-italy-lockdown-quarantine-uk-usa-america-australia-recession-fears-update-latest-news

Global debt is over $250 trillion. Yes, trillion. It's all about to come unglued, now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/15/global-debt-surged-to-a-record-250-trillion-in-the-first-half-of-2019-led-by-the-us-and-china.html

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

No, not hate and envy but greed. Everybody knew this market was a bubble. People refused to listen to warnings of a gigantic debt bubble, because the finance channels and Jim Cramers of the world told you the Dow and S&P and Nasdaq were going to a bazillion. The virus came along and provided the pin to pop it. Trump was the biggest culprit, crowing about ATHs every week. Which is ironic. Because Trump actually campaigned in 2016 against the Fed lowering rates. He criticized Obama and the Fed for QE and blowing a debt bubble. Then, he came in and did the same and worse. And everybody has followed him over the cliff.

Edited by zydeco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

That’s a lot of people with an eye on how Trump’s mismanagement of the Coronavirus threat is impacting their investments.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I hope u told them to sell because trumps incompetence is hurting.

Their savings maybe better in a bank, but not a US bank until he is out of office.

Edited by Sujo

18 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I hope u told them to sell because trumps incompetence is hurting.

Their savings maybe better in a bank, but not a US bank until he is out of office.

Hey thanks for your advice, I alwys appreciate spurts from the internet fount of wisdom and I realize that you are an investment genius just seeking to maximize my investments objectively, but I think I will just go with the guys who I pay five figures to.

And so his friend's start to turn - the rush to the exits has begun...

PIERS MORGAN: Stop playing down the deadly threat of coronavirus, Mr President, and start telling Americans the truth - or it may cost you your presidency

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8092251/PIERS-MORGAN-Stop-playing-coronavirus-Mr-President-start-telling-Americans-truth.html

• Like 1

Posts using content from Twitter have been removed as well as the replies as this is a forum, not a Twitter site.

Posts containing a screenshot from some site has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.