Refused a 30 day extension

Hi, just visited the local immigration office filled out all the forms they gave me two days ago in preparation and after a hours wait even though we were the only ones there eventual got told cant have 30 day extension on this visa  (type O 90 day Uk pensioner) but was offered a 7 day extension. I had previously explained that I needed cover till end of april when I would be flying out. She advised me to do a boarder run and get a 30 day entry  and then later come see her to get a 30 day extension. Im a bit out of the loop as have been on retirement yearly extensions the last 4 years and seems what i used to get years ago now cant be done. What options have I got ?  Planning as she suggested at the moment  Cambodia or Laos ?  prefer Laos so will looking to go later today or tomorrow visa runs out end of monday Hoping this all makes sense.

The is no 30 day extension for any category of non immigrant visa. If you were married to or the parent of a Thai you can get a 60 day extension. If not only a one year extension can be applied for.

Your only choice is to a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry. Not a problem to do it at any border crossing to Laos.

• Like 1

Yep, all depends where you are based at the moment. Both Lao & Cambodia are interesting places to go for a few days. If you're in central region or BKK then going to Siem Reap would be a good idea. However if in NE then Vientiane is probably closer. You can spend a couple nights up at Bor Pen Yang looking over the Mehkong River and knocking down cold beer Laos.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, what area are you located?

A border-run can be done both at a land-border or by flying in/out the country.  When you live far from the border and close to an international thai Airport the latter might be worth considering (e.g. from CM or HuaHin).

6 minutes ago, chaiyapoon said:

Im in Prachinburi so Chom Mek likely. is there anything there to make it worthwhile? Thanks guys

Chom Mek?  Do you mean Chong Mek, but that is 550 km from Prachin Buri.

One of the cambodian border-crossings would for sure be much closer.

Chong Mek will get you to Pakse in southern Lao. I've been there a few times and it's a pleasant little town. However, if I was coming from Pranchinburi I'd go to Siem Reap as it's much closer and is a nice place, with much more to see and do than Pakse. 

• Like 1